Hacking Metroid: Samus Returns, With Firmware 11.0.0.33E!

mdg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I wonder if someone can help me I want to play Metroid: Samus Returns but it needs 11.2 to play. I am on a N3DS SysNand 11.0.0.33E. My N3DS setup is B2S v1.2 with Luma v8.1.1, I don't want to update to firmware 11.5 as i still use Gateway (with the option on startup to press Down button). How do i go about getting to firmware 11.2?

Thanks

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello

I wonder if someone can help me I want to play Metroid: Samus Returns but it needs 11.2 to play. I am on a N3DS SysNand 11.0.0.33E. My N3DS setup is B2S v1.2 with Luma v8.1.1, I don't want to update to firmware 11.5 as i still use Gateway (with the option on startup to press Down button). How do i go about getting to firmware 11.2?

Thanks
What are the benefits of Gateway over CFW?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to install it using ctr-httpwn. It helped me get through a yokai watch 2 update that "required" a higher firmware to install.

It works now on my old firmware flawlessly.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Joom can I use sysDowngrader to 11.2 using the 11.2.0-35 cia files from 3DNUS?
I suppose so. I only recommended doing a ctrtranafer because it's much safer. All you have to do is dump your ticket.db with either Decrypt9 or Godmode9, do the transfer, and then restore your ticket.db with either of the above. It'll be a proper upgrade with no risk of bricking or a frankenfirm. I've also read that one can install certain CIAs from later firmware and still remain on their current firmware, thus creating a frankenfirm, but I have no idea what has to be specifically updated.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use a Yoshi's Wooly World rom.
  1. Boot up Gateway with the cartridge out
  2. Put the cartridge in
  3. Go to the boot Gateway option
  4. Hold Up on the D-pad while selecting it
  5. Try to play Yoshi. You'll be updated to 11.2.

Gateway has no firm protection patches. If they were to do this it would update there 3ds to stock 11.2.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why are you using Gateway on your sysNAND? The Gateway CFW lacks FIRM0/1 protection, which means you run a high risk of losing your entrypoint if you aren't careful.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to make a emuNAND without formatting my 128GB sd card if so have got a guide or something..
Not without formatting, or at least not in any easily accessible way. You have to backup the contents and create the EmuNAND as you normally would. Then, restore the files, update your EmuNAND using Yoshi, and you can freely update your SysNAND to 11.5

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway works fine with 11.5 sysnand and <=11.2 emunand. I'm doing it myself, so just update. The only thing you have to keep in mind (and it's a pain to do anyway) is do NOT under any circumstances boot Gateway sysnand mode. By default it just goes to emunand, so you're fine.

EDIT: DERP. Didn't notice that you didn't mention emunand at all. If you don't even have an emunand, you need to backup your entire SD card, then format emunand from the GW menu (as soon as you see that the GW flash screen is coming up, hold Left+Select). After that, copy everything back. You can then get the 11.2 .cia files from wherever and update with FBI (batch .cia install) or use sysupdater.

@Quantumcat booting with the cartridge out is supposed to do what exactly? On the latest GW (4.2) that doesn't even get you to the GW menu. It just tells you to put the cartridge in and press A. That will already load sysnand if there is no emunand, and will load emunand if you have one. The way to get to the menu on 4.2 with b9s+Luma+bootctr9 is to hold L+select as soon as the splash screen starts to load.

EDIT2: After re-reading the above, I can see how it could be taken wrong. I promise I'm not trying to be a smartass; just making sure I'm not missing something here...

Last edited by urherenow,

mdg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No you'll have to format it using GodMode9. Back up the data to your computer first.

So I,

1. Backup my data to my computer
2. Format my sd card with godmode9 or within the gateway menu which is the easier way?
3. Once formatted then do I copy my data back
4. Update the emuNAND with Yoshi's Wooly World rom to firmware 11.2
5. Then update sysNAND to 11.5 in system settings

Is this the right way to do it?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I,

1. Backup my data to my computer
2. Format my sd card with godmode9 or within the gateway menu which is the easier way?
3. Once formatted then do I copy my data back
4. Update the emuNAND with Yoshi's Wooly World rom to firmware 11.2
5. Then update sysNAND to 11.5 in system settings

Is this the right way to do it?
Exactly. Since your EmuNAND is specifically for Gateway, it's easier to do it from the Gateway menu (hold down, then switch to L+Select right after the splash screen starts to load, like @urherenow said)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?