Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy IOS? Does it force update?

haohmaru6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: This thread is NOT for discussing burning or dumping the game, or using loaders.

I have already ordered my copy from Amazon and it's on its way, but I have system menu 3.2U and the homebrew channel installed. My question is, will the game force an update to allow it to play, and if so, what IOS do I need installed so I won't have to update the system menu?

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YayMii said:
It has new IOS files, but system menu 3.4.

'Nuff said.

Sorry but what does this mean? I have a PAl Wii and a Wiikey and latest firmware on my Wii, can I savely update from disc?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
soul2soul said:
YayMii said:

'Nuff said.

Sorry but what does this mean? I have a PAl Wii and a Wiikey and latest firmware on my Wii, can I savely update from disc?
It means that any IOS' with the signing bug will be replaced by new ones (this makes installing WADs and downgrading harder) and that CIOSCORP will be removed.

haohmaru6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm really only asking about the version released in the states, the NTSC USA version. And again, if at all possible to just install a single IOS and not upgrade my system menu past 3.2U.

Can someone who has the USA version and had 3.2U previously tell me details about what it wants to update, and if I can stay at 3.2U and still be able to play the game normally?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
haohmaru6 said:
I'm really only asking about the version released in the states, the NTSC USA version. And again, if at all possible to just install a single IOS and not upgrade my system menu past 3.2U, I want to do that.
It will certainly force you to update, but if you run it in Gecko OS (or NeoGamma etc.) it will probably run without updating. Hopefully someone else can give you the details, as I've not tried this myself.

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
soul2soul said:
YayMii said:

'Nuff said.

It means that any IOS' with the signing bug will be replaced by new ones (this makes installing WADs and downgrading harder) and that CIOSCORP will be removed.

Okay, thanks.

I don't use my Wii for homebrew. Is it save to install this update? So I can play the Trilogy? Or is it going to brick my Wii?

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would Nintendo release an update on a game that many people are going to get that would cause unmodified Wiis to become bricked? Could you say lawsuit?

Anyways, if you're worried, I would at the minimum install preloader (or bootmii) to your wii, even if you won't modify it past that. Then you could block any updates and bypass update checks on Nintendo games (because they usually are useless)

BUT this isn't about loaders/updates at all.

I'm playing through Prime 1 right now, and it's a ton of fun. I tried to play Prime (GC version) after playing prime Corruption, and it was unplayable with the horrid controls. The graphical enhancements and lower loading time is nice, but the game so far, is great. I just got my space jump boots!

vze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
haohmaru6 said:
I'm really only asking about the version released in the states, the NTSC USA version. And again, if at all possible to just install a single IOS and not upgrade my system menu past 3.2U, I want to do that.
It will certainly force you to update, but if you run it in Gecko OS (or NeoGamma etc.) it will probably run without updating. Hopefully someone else can give you the details, as I've not tried this myself.

i have tried it with the latest gecko os, 1.9.2. i believe, it works for me without updating.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IAmTheRad said:
Why would Nintendo release an update on a game that many people are going to get that would cause unmodified Wiis to become bricked? Could you say lawsuit?Well, Ninty hates piracy, so they always try to stop those pirating games. Their way of stopping piracy is bricking the hacked Wiis.

EDIT: Wait, you said unmodified? I doubt that it would brick unmodified Wiis.
QUOTE(TyRaNtM @ Aug 29 2009, 10:47 AM) Force update, if you have a lower version of MIOS (MIOS v9 is in the game).
Does this mean that MPT uses the MIOS to play MP1+2?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
YayMii said:
IAmTheRad said:
Why would Nintendo release an update on a game that many people are going to get that would cause unmodified Wiis to become bricked? Could you say lawsuit?Well, Ninty hates piracy, so they always try to stop those pirating games. Their way of stopping piracy is bricking the hacked Wiis.

EDIT: Wait, you said unmodified? I doubt that it would brick unmodified Wiis.
QUOTE(TyRaNtM @ Aug 29 2009, 10:47 AM) Force update, if you have a lower version of MIOS (MIOS v9 is in the game).
Does this mean that MPT uses the MIOS to play MP1+2?

No, that means that all games have complete wii updates, including MIOS, not that the game use it.

haohmaru6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible for any game that uses the wiimote to run on MIOS, because MIOS has no ability to access the wiimote.

I do have bootmii installed, as boot2. Does bootmii automatically bypass update checks?

And if that doesn't stop it from trying to update:

If I don't want to update anything at all, the best solution is to run the disc through Gecko OS 1.9.2, from the homebrew channel?

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I didn't want to use Preloader, I used StartPatch. It has many hacks that install into your system menu such as blocking updates being one of them. You can also use it to uninstall the hacks at any given time too. Just make sure you have the right version meant for your Wii.

Question though, I'm guessing MIOS updates on Conduit and MPT are because of GCN piracy. Is it still possible to use cMIOS or MIOS Patcher if these new MIOS revisions from the disc are installed on the Wii?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
haohmaru6 said:
I don't think it's possible for any game that uses the wiimote to run on MIOS, because MIOS has no ability to access the wiimote.

I do have bootmii installed, as boot2. Does bootmii automatically bypass update checks?

And if that doesn't stop it from trying to update:

If I don't want to update anything at all, the best solution is to run the disc through Gecko OS 1.9.2, from the homebrew channel?

No, BootMii doesn´t block updates, just use preloader 0.29 and disable it there- you have BootMii Boot2 so if something goes wrong you can restore your nand with ease(make sure to do a backup).

Possibly the game will run through Gecko, I am playing it via USB Loader and its hassle free.

Anyways, preloader is a fine app because you can set many nice hacks like regionfree Wii discs and regionfree channels...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1