Maxlander NFC backup

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Kind of conspicuous that the video didn't feature any Amiibos being backed up.

Dat Nintendo AP.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Shouldn't we be worried about crooks and scammers potentially using this device to clone credit cards? Don't credit cards uses NFC for those paywave technology?
its short range, so you need to be very close to clone.. and correct me if i am wrong, they use NFC as another layer of security, (they still require to scan the magnetic band\contacts)
so basically same rules as not give the card to anyone else apply..
also i don't believe you can not clone nfc tags that with your own phone..

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shouldn't we be worried about crooks and scammers potentially using this device to clone credit cards? Don't credit cards uses NFC for those paywave technology?

Devices like that have existed for a while now already. There's a reason why you can buy special cases for your credit/debit cards.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
its short range, so you need to be very close to clone.. and correct me if i am wrong, they use NFC as another layer of security, (they still require to scan the magnetic band\contacts)
so basically same rules as not give the card to anyone else apply..
also i don't believe you can not clone nfc tags that with your own phone..

Mag strip, chip and nfc on a credit card all have separate account numbers pointing to your account. You may just copy/clone just one use of payment but getting all 3 will get you a clone of the whole card. Most retailers have a limit of how much you can spend on nfc payments. I work at a store and the limit is $100 on any nfc payment.

Using your phone is difficult to use because you really need to touch your phone directly to the card, but working at a busy gas station and working with a lot of credit cards getting nfc info from others credit cards would be very easy.

Reactions: migles

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mag strip, chip and nfc on a credit card all have separate account numbers pointing to your account. You may just copy/clone just one use of payment but getting all 3 will get you a clone of the whole card. Most retailers have a limit of how much you can spend on nfc payments. I work at a store and the limit is $100 on any nfc payment.

Using your phone is difficult to use because you really need to touch your phone directly to the card, but working at a busy gas station and working with a lot of credit cards getting nfc info from others credit cards would be very easy.

We have the same system, though with 25€ limit (mainly used for lunch restaurants and small shopping). Also the first time needs to be authenticated with the chip and pin (mag strip is not used for authenticating) per store where it's used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""