Hacking Masterboy 2.02 Signed - Screenshot Option Not Working

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone who runs a Masterboy emulator on their PSP, whenever I select 'screenshot', it says that it will put it into the PSP/GAME/PHOTO/.../ directory. However, it doesn't create a folder called 'PHOTO' when I take the screenshot and try to transfer it to my computer. A quick search with respect to the PSP for anything named 'screenshot' or 'PHOTO' doesn't yield any results. Any ideas?

Last edited by HaloEffect17,
D

Deleted User

I use PRXShot plugin to take screenshots on all games/emus/eboots etc. You could try with it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked for me, using ppsspp on my android, playing masterboy, and found the pictures using es file explorer. :)
Are you using version 2.10? :rolleyes:

ES File Explorer_20161225_141351.png

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using an Android emulator... it for the PSP. It's a signed emulator (works without CFW) that is version 2.02.
I know that, i was just curious which version you are using?

Let me ask, when you select save screen shot does the LED for the memory stick acess light up like it should?

Just a few sugestions, try using Masterboy 2.10 which is supposed to be the latest build. Also create a folder in the PSP folder called "Photo" Maybe it should work then. Does other emulators have the same problem?

If the above didn't fix the issue, it may be cause is signed and not running from CFW, in that case, you may want to try doing that, not sure what your reasons for not using any CFW enablers like the PROCFW since is simple and run on latest firmware.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also create a folder in the PSP folder called "Photo" Maybe it should work then.
Yes, that did the trick! That's so weird I had to go and create a folder myself in PSP/PHOTO(created this directory) for it to take the screenshot; I thought Masterboy would just create one itself by default. Before, the orange LED did not light up when selecting take screenshot, but now it does and I'm able to take screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that did the trick! That's so weird I had to go and create a folder myself in PSP/PHOTO(created this directory) for it to take the screenshot; I thought Masterboy would just create one itself by default. Before, the orange LED did not light up when selecting take screenshot, but now it does and I'm able to take screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion!
Well sure, next time make sure the LED always lights up when doing such things, it lets you know that is workiin properly, that why is there, only when memory stick is being acess to copy, read or write information. :P

Though you are right it is strange the homebrew didn't just create the directory folder on it's own, i guess maybe it was the homebrew itself or not having enough privlages to do so, either way, maybe try using 2.10 version, if you really want to test if it would have done so or not.

Not that is important but yeah, glad it worked out. Sometimes is just needing to prepare the directory properly for some things as perhaps the homebrew producer forgot to make it possible on it own. I really dunno what to tell you as to why it didn't do it. :unsure:

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...