adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been online before updating the wii, voting channel etc... all done on my router with no problems. Today I tried to play online with a friend. I have a wiikey and I'm using a backup BTW. I connected to the network but all I got when it was time to go into the lobby after an invite was disconnected. I even tried my wi-fi dongle and had exactly the same problem. Is the network busy, or are nintendo trying to stop copies of the game?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nevermind connected to another friend and it worked perfectly.

/me locks this with his super secret mod powers
tongue.gif

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I for one think that if you like it enough to play online you should HAVE to buy it.

I'd like to see all these games protected with a unique link that is given like a credit card pin number with each UNIQUE copy.

Why?

The nds scene has shown how having the media on "homebrew" consoles leads to all the online games being ruined.

E.G Metroid Prime and the hacks , Animal Crossing and the rare item hacks, Mario Kart and the shadow exploit.

Gutted...... (looking forward to playing this though)

genx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I for one think that if you like it enough to play online you should HAVE to buy it.

I'd like to see all these games protected with a unique link that is given like a credit card pin number with each UNIQUE copy.

Why?

The nds scene has shown how having the media on "homebrew" consoles leads to all the online games being ruined.

E.G Metroid Prime and the hacks , Animal Crossing and the rare item hacks, Mario Kart and the shadow exploit.

Gutted...... (looking forward to playing this though)

When homebrew does become available for the Wii, you can start worrying.

There are no hacks unless Datel makes an action replay for Wii.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hacks on Metroid and Animal Crossing are not based on running homebrew, you patch the .nds file the same way you would region patch a Wii game - so its a change to the iso not an addin

But maybe its linked to homebrew - I certainly wasn't under the impression that it was though.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Despite the connection I still smoked all you Euros.

Daisy + 2 Hammer Bros + Dry Bones.

Half offense, half defense. I just keep hammering with the D-pad until a spot is clear, then I do a power-shot. Rank 42 overall at the moment!

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacks on Metroid and Animal Crossing are not based on running homebrew, you patch the .nds file the same way you would region patch a Wii game - so its a change to the iso not an addin

But maybe its linked to homebrew - I certainly wasn't under the impression that it was though.

Hacks are run because homebrew code allows them to freeze certain addresses in the game's memory. Wii does not allow homebrew right now, and cannot enable cheating.

You can't even change the ISO. It needs to be 1:1, or it won't run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o