Hacking Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story

OunknownO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is ok until I get to select slot to save..... and it seems that everything is working but it won't do anything... I tried everything i pressed all the buttons, try to tap the screen but nothing works.

does anyone else have this problem?

Please help, and thank you in advance

Agu Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Siegmund Fretzgau said:
Use the Patch or Cheat (search the Board)
That still won't do. The patch only gives you two white screens, and the code makes the game freeze at random times when you save.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
game freeze at random times when you save.

SO what
it STILL saves
and the GAME works, when you use the code

just power off the DS
and RELOAD the game when it freeze

that ALL you can Do if you want to play the game till there a FULL fix

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agu Fungus said:
Siegmund Fretzgau said:
Use the Patch or Cheat (search the Board)
That still won't do. The patch only gives you two white screens, and the code makes the game freeze at random times when you save.

Then either A. Get over it, B. Buy the damn game, or C. Wait until there's a more complete fix

airrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine still doesn't work
the patch freezes at the white screen and the code freezes at the save select screen
using cyclods 1.55 final any suggestions?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use the patch you gotta make a user.evocheats file or fine one on the internet (I would recommend checking the cheats.gbatemp.net forums I might have somthing there.)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i yet to upload any temporary database
smile.gif

will do it later of the day on the nds forum
smile.gif

if codes and patch doesn't work to perfection for you then wait for a firmware update

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ there you have it guys.

i have the code running on the EDGE, and it plays and saves fine and i have been able to get passed the save file screen.

I hears it works on EDGE/Cyclo and Acekard.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems that firmware does not make a difference in this issue.

To get it working, but not perfect, just use the cheat.
Normally, the game will freeze at the save select screen.
The patch does not work for the Cyclo as it gives you white screens. So don't use the patch.
The cheat will bypass the save screen freeze, but you will have to restart every time you save. This is similar to the Kirby Super Star Ultra problem, and I hope it can be fixed.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Someone suggested on the TC forum that, instead of saving the game normally, use the Cyclo's Real Time Save instead. Try that.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have never used cheats on the Cyclo and i don't really know how. i have the cheat code i need to run this game. when i go to settings i Enable Cheats but when i go back to the game and go to the Cyclo screen i can't select Cheats. can someone give me a quick explanation on what i have to do with the cheat code i have for this game?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You are supposed to enable the cheat before you start the game. After you have enabled cheat in the option screen, when you select the game, it should ask you if you want to enable cheat. Pick yes and you can choose which cheats you want to enable. Select them then press start to start the game.

If it doesn't ask you if you want to enable cheats, perhaps you have the wrong cheat file.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
You are supposed to enable the cheat before you start the game. After you have enabled cheat in the option screen, when you select the game, it should ask you if you want to enable cheat. Pick yes and you can choose which cheats you want to enable. Select them then press start to start the game.

If it doesn't ask you if you want to enable cheats, perhaps you have the wrong cheat file.

i think i am definitely doing something wrong. the cheat code i have is called user.evocheats and i was told to put in in my Cyclods folder and delete the default evocheats file. when i do this and boot up my DS the Cyclods goes into some type of recovery mode and flips out. it makes me reinstall the latest firmware in order for it to start working properly. wtf?

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't get my CycloDS to ask for the cheat when i start the game. i have Cheats Enabled in the settings menu. i put user.evoCheats in the CycloDS directory of my SD card. i deleted the default.evoCheats from the same directory. when i start the game it just boots up like normal until it freezes at he save selection.

what am i doing wrong?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You weren't supposed to delete the default.evoCheats file.
And the reason why it's not prompting you for cheats is because the cheat file you downloaded does not have any cheats for the game (I know the GBAtemp cheats haven't been updated yet), or you have a patched ROM so it's game ID is different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0