Hacking mario kart wii disc read errors, freezes

sizza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i've had a lot of problems trying to play my burns of mario kart wii. I often experience disc read errors randomly while racing online/offline and in the menus, sometimes I can fix this by ejecting the disc and re-inserting it. The game also occasionally gives read errors when starting and I am forced to restart my wii. Today it even froze during character selection. Sometimes I’ll get 2-3 errors in 10 minutes, other times I can play for an hour or two first.

I’ve got a 3.2E PAL wii with wiikey 1.9g. I’ve tried burning with TY03 and Verbatim discs at 6x/8x/16x with imgburn in a DVR-212 and DVR-215 which has always worked perfectly for me, but I can’t fix these problems. The only other game I’ve played a lot recently is smash bros and it doesn’t seem to have any issues. I’ve had the wii since launch and it gets used a lot I guess, maybe the laser is having trouble? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

tolkiman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Sizza, I'm having EXACT the same problems over here with my PAL Wii, but I run Wiikey 1.9s.
I've tried several different DVDs now, everytime the same problems. Other games don't give me so much trouble.... Strange, but I also got my Wii on the day it was released. I guess the lasers or drives weren't the best back then, when it comes to reading copies hehe...

sizza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
beauchampy said:
Does sound like laser trouble. You could try adjusting the POT.

Yea i'll try this if I have to, hoping to avoid opening the wii up though.

QUOTE(tolkiman @ Apr 16 2008, 02:30 AM) Hey Sizza, I'm having EXACT the same problems over here with my PAL Wii, but I run Wiikey 1.9s.
I've tried several different DVDs now, everytime the same problems. Other games don't give me so much trouble.... Strange, but I also got my Wii on the day it was released. I guess the lasers or drives weren't the best back then, when it comes to reading copies hehe...

Yea i've seen 1 or 2 other people report similar issues in other threads, they don't seem to have a solution either though.

Anyone else had these problems or know how to fix them?

taram007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sharinrus.com
XP
Country
Macau
this is for sure a bad burn since other games work without problems.
I had the same problems and burning the games on a Verbatim DVD using ImgBurn at 8x speed solved the problem and now everything is OK. So: grab the latest version of ImgBurn, install it with default settings and burn the image on a Verbatim DVD with 8x speed. Hope to see you online soon
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82540

sizza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
taram007 said:
this is for sure a bad burn since other games work without problems.
I had the same problems and burning the games on a Verbatim DVD using ImgBurn at 8x speed solved the problem and now everything is OK. So: grab the latest version of ImgBurn, install it with default settings and burn the image on a Verbatim DVD with 8x speed. Hope to see you online soon
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82540

The burn should be fine though, as all my others have been in the past. Like I said in the first post I tried verbs at 8x with imgburn and it still gives errors. While smash is reading fine, it's dual layer so reading methods could be different i guess... Guess I need to pull out some of my older single layer games and play them for a few hours to test if they're having issues also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!