Hacking Mario Kart ctgp

sharkticonnz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone im new to wii u modding and just after some advice if anyone can help. So im running wiiflow lite on vwii because of sd card support and id like to know if it could load the mario kart wii ctgpr channel off it or if mario kart ctgp can be installed on the wii u home screen. I do have the disk but I cant find much info on this and wonering if anyone has ideas? Thanks in advance

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, i'd say forget Mario Kart Wii CTGP at this point and instead go with Mario Kart Wii Deluxe It contains 432 race tracks (compared to the only 200 some tracks in CTGP), there are 3 versions you can download which each have different racers/costumes, plus you don't need a Mario Kart Wii disc or a special app to play it. Just patch the MKWii .iso and then use the TeconMoon WiiVC injector and you can make a channel of it right on the Wii U menu with optional Game Pad functionality if you like too.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly, i'd say forget Mario Kart Wii CTGP at this point and instead go with Mario Kart Wii Deluxe It contains 432 race tracks (compared to the only 200 some tracks in CTGP), there are 3 versions you can download which each have different racers/costumes, plus you don't need a Mario Kart Wii disc or a special app to play it. Just patch the MKWii .iso and then use the TecnoMoon WiiVC injector and you can make a channel of it right on the Wii U menu with optional Game Pad functionality if you like too.
Is Online Possible With Injection?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good question, I just checked, and initially it did not work. Though I'm seeing that Wiimfi does have a new patch that needs to be applied as of this year for games to play online again. So I'm actually applying the patch, and gonna install it as a channel again and see what happens. Thing is, the new patch claims it needs to be patched for any online game besides Mario Kart Wii. But this is a custom modded .iso/.wbfs, so it seems feasible the patch has to be applied for it. (If anyone is curious, the latest wiimfi patch can be located on this page: https://wiimmfi.de/update). But I'll report back my findings after I try an install of this newly patched version of the game.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, just patched it and it still wont play online, seems that after looking it up a bit more, wiimfi doesn't work for injections directly on the Wii U menu. You can still boot it up through a vWii USB loader, and Wiimfi should work there. Of course you lose GamePad functionality, but unless I'm missing something, that seems to just be how you can experience Wii online games at this time on the Wii U.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know of mario kart wii deluxe ive played it a bit but I ust signed up to the beta for ctgp which enables 24 player, more hectic on the tracks. Ill keep looking for a way to sort
24 player Mario Kart sounds terrible to me honestly. Sounds like you'd be constantly getting smashed with items. I have seen new MK Wii mods with that newer 10 or 12 player hide and seek mod, and I think that looks like a lot of fun.

Reactions: XDeltaOne

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Further update, remembering that my version of Project M installed directly to my Wii U menu supposedly was wiimfi patched to play even booted directly from the Wii U menu, I gave it a try, and even though the game itself says the service was discontinued (it's an older build of Project M I believe) it actually was able to connect online. So there definitely is some sort of way to properly wiimfi patch vWii games and injects for online play even when installed directly to the menu. However, I'm not sure yet how it's accomplished, I believe I had downloaded this Project M channel from a now long dead iso site, so that lead is gonna be gone at this point. I'll see if I can figure it out for Mario Kart Wii Deluxe installed directly to the menu or not.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Further update, remembering that my version of Project M installed directly to my Wii U menu supposedly was wiimfi patched to play even booted directly from the Wii U menu, I gave it a try, and even though the game itself says the service was discontinued (it's an older build of Project M I believe) it actually was able to connect online. So there definitely is some sort of way to properly wiimfi patch vWii games and injects for online play even when installed directly to the menu. However, I'm not sure yet how it's accomplished, I believe I had downloaded this Project M channel from a now long dead iso site, so that lead is gonna be gone at this point. I'll see if I can figure it out for Mario Kart Wii Deluxe installed directly to the menu or not.
Thanks Guy for the info :)

mkwctgpplayer2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install ctgp r v1.03 on wii u menu here's a video i dont know how to install it but here the video so then we all have a way to play on the wii u menu

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly wiimms did something on wiimmfi that screwed up injects for mario kart wii and super smash bros brawl with makes wii vc injects not work but theres something similar called NEWWFC which works with wii vc injects for mkw and ssbb all you gotta do is patch your dumped iso and then you can play online

Reactions: MikaDubbz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I have 500Mbps right now and I can't tell the difference than the 1Gbps I had before.