OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
So the title kind of says it all, after installing both EU and USA versions of the game on separate occasions both of them failed to boot past the main Splash Screen. I did some research and some people said that the culprit was something regarding regions? So I got an app called Spiik and that didn't work out either, any of the configurations I tried. Some said it was the DLC I got with it but that didn't work either. Some further details, I have a Japanese Wii U on 5.5.3J, The latest homebrew and HBC, Haxchii, and a Black 32GB Model Wii.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the title kind of says it all, after installing both EU and USA versions of the game on separate occasions both of them failed to boot past the main Splash Screen. I did some research and some people said that the culprit was something regarding regions? So I got an app called Spiik and that didn't work out either, any of the configurations I tried. Some said it was the DLC I got with it but that didn't work either. Some further details, I have a Japanese Wii U on 5.5.3J, The latest homebrew and HBC, Haxchii, and a Black 32GB Model Wii.
Hello,
Did you test the Japanese version?

Reactions: KIDMods

KIDMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, should I not have done that? Sorry I'm not really knowledgeable with that stuff. And in addendum to that, Mario 3D World had the same thing happened where it got stuck in the splash screen, and for now while I know it's not working, I uninstalled both for the time being, until I know how to solve it at least. :)

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run haxchi or mocha before and retry. Its most likely not working because you arent running custom firmware. You will have to do this once every time you boot the Wii U or you could install cbhc which is coldboot haxchi. Of course to use Haxchi you must purchase a DS game.

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: KIDMods

KIDMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I did the buy brain age thing and running haxchii and even installing the HBC but I haven't tried the Mocha CFW thing so maybe I'll try reinstalling Mario Kart and running it alongside Mocha? I'll report back if that ends up working!

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could try mocha but if youve already tried Haxchi Mocha probably wont solve it. Are you installing the game to an external hdd or internal?

KIDMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
So sitrep, I am now using an SSD connected to a hardrive enclosure using a USB 3.0 Y Cable, all of the games do surprisingly enough load way faster, almost switch fast, however, SM3DW Still refuses to go past the splash screen, same with MK8 and Nintendo Land.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1