Hacking Mario Kart 8 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

google

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't it nice that those guys who managed to figure out a PPC kernel exploit and just use to do pointless stuff in Mario kart
and are not even sharing it with the people who made the webkit exploit ...

Well that is a pretty crappy move, I just hope all you geniuses don't give up on it, since the Wii U has a boatload of potential with homebrew...

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that is a pretty crappy move, I just hope all you geniuses don't give up on it, since the Wii U has a boatload of potential with homebrew...

How is it a crappy move? If I find something via an exploit, I don't need to share it, plain and simple! Not to mention to a team who has a leaker.....

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
How is it a crappy move? If I find something via an exploit, I don't need to share it, plain and simple! Not to mention to a team who has a leaker.....

I respect your decision upon that condition, since doing so can trigger what happened on the older consoles, where people use it to pirate games or to cheat for a cheap victory. It will eventually happen, but it would be best to keep it to yourself so that you won't have to take any responsibility other people's actions upon trying to hack into the Wii U. :P

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it nice that those guys who managed to figure out a PPC kernel exploit and just use to do pointless stuff in Mario kart
and are not even sharing it with the people who made the webkit exploit ...

Yup. I've always fucking loved these guys. [/sarcasm]

Their ethics are down the toilet. That's why I hate them.

Reactions: Margen67

TerryHomes

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it now possible to to make custom Mario 3D World Levels ? And btw. why there was never a Mario Galaxy Custom Game (I saw only a few testdemos?)

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it now possible to to make custom Mario 3D World Levels ? And btw. why there was never a Mario Galaxy Custom Game (I saw only a few testdemos?)

First, it probably isn't unless someone has taken an interest in modifying the game. It might happen, but not within this week.
The only people working on an SMG custom game were busy with other games like MKWii and real life, such as college, full time job, etc.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Marionumber1 worked on Super Mario Galaxy 2 custom stuff for the Wii. He could work on Mario 3D World Levels if Chadderz would share the kernel exploit with him.

Marionumber1 accidentally updated his Wii U to 5.0 and locked himself out of his own browser exploit. Chadderz won't share the kernel exploit with him so he has no way of getting the Wii U Common key to decrypt webkit/coreinit binaries from NUS to port his browser exploit ROP chain over to 5.0 to have a working Wii U to continue to develop. :(

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 worked on Super Mario Galaxy 2 custom stuff for the Wii. He could work on Mario 3D World Levels if Chadderz would share the kernel exploit with him.

Marionumber1 accidentally updated his Wii U to 5.0 and locked himself out of his own browser exploit. Chadderz won't share the kernel exploit with him so he has no way of getting the Wii U Common key to decrypt webkit/coreinit binaries from NUS to port his browser exploit ROP chain over to 5.0 to have a working Wii U to continue to develop. :(
Even if chadderz and beanz shared the exploit directly with Marionumber1 it wouldn't do him any good as in order to do the kernel exploit, you first need to iniate the broswer exploit, which he can't do until its properly ported over 5.0.0

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if chadderz and beanz shared the exploit directly with Marionumber1 it wouldn't do him any good as in order to do the kernel exploit, you first need to iniate the broswer exploit, which he can't do until its properly ported over 5.0.0

NeKit has a 4.1 Wii U to run code for Marionumber1. If Marionumber1 gets kernel exploit he can use it to develop a way to break into ISOU and then dump the Starbuck OTP. Once he has Starbuck OTP he can use the common key to decrypt 5.0 binaries off of NUS and port his browser exploit over. Then we can all start working on developing a library for homebrew together. :)

To quote Sp0Raw from his closing comments in the famous RDW IDA 6.1 release:

"P.S. BTW, community is very inactive. You may do more if you will unite, believe in success, spend your personal money and time for the our common cause, and will not afraid problems. Share your knowledge, share your data and share your facilities and resources." -- From Russia with Love, Sp0Raw

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect your decision upon that condition, since doing so can trigger what happened on the older consoles, where people use it to pirate games or to cheat for a cheap victory. It will eventually happen, but it would be best to keep it to yourself so that you won't have to take any responsibility other people's actions upon trying to hack into the Wii U. :P

Thanks for actually understanding. Though I'm not on the "team", it's there work and thus they can determine wether or not to share it. However, I really doubt cheating will come to fruition this time around seeing how the Wii U was designed to be "online". I'm trying to say that Nintendo probably learned from the Wii and implemented anti-cheating systems.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for actually understanding. Though I'm not on the "team", it's there work and thus they can determine wether or not to share it. However, I really doubt cheating will come to fruition this time around seeing how the Wii U was designed to be "online". I'm trying to say that Nintendo probably learned from the Wii and implemented anti-cheating systems.

In hardware, it is slightly above the last generation powerhouses, so online monitoring should be simpler for them. The security around the consoles are rather tight compared to a PC, but people will find those exploits that act like the backdoor to cracking it. It's a shame that we probably won't be able to play on custom content ourselves until they decide to release it. More than likely, it will come out as soon as the Wii U undergoes another firmware update.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
In hardware, it is slightly above the last generation powerhouses, so online monitoring should be simpler for them. The security around the consoles are rather tight compared to a PC, but people will find those exploits that act like the backdoor to cracking it. It's a shame that we probably won't be able to play on custom content ourselves until they decide to release it. More than likely, it will come out as soon as the Wii U undergoes another firmware update.

And I doubt it'll be anything remarkable when they do release it. :sad:

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
And I doubt it'll be anything remarkable when they do release it. :sad:

Things usually feel more remarkable when they're forbidden, especially these kinds of mods. A lot of people would hate to play online with the Wii, considering the amount of cheaters online are off the charts. It was already like that a few years after Mario Kart Wii first came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ