Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The text shouldn't be in quotation marks. Like @AFITZ said, you have to put pause into a new line for the script to stay on-screen.

I don't think there is any repacking method for them yet. You can extract them with this .bflim preset for QuickBMS, but I forget where it was. I'll link you later.
Have you found the link to the quick bms script? Couldn't find it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone bothered to replace the battle stages yet? I'd love for those to just be swapped out with classic battle arenas from previous Mario Kart games. I mean Battle mode could so easily be fun in MK8 if they just had proper battle maps. As such this seems like something the scene will actually be able to accomplish, I just hope it happens, because that would be amazing.

Reactions: lonemoonHD

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I followed this guide, I retextured Mario, and it worked perfectly.

Now, in Mario Stadium, I'm swapping ufc_colorroad_alb.dds (The colorful road texture, same resolution) with this:
pnbudsS.png

When I go to repack the bfres, yaz0enc gets stuck at 14%.
ZdjRsEd.png

I doubt that the bfres is corrupted, because I can re-extract the textures again. Any ideas why this is happening?

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first time I followed this guide, I retextured Mario, and it worked perfectly.

Now, in Mario Stadium, I'm swapping ufc_colorroad_alb.dds (The colorful road texture, same resolution) with this:
pnbudsS.png

When I go to repack the bfres, yaz0enc gets stuck at 14%.
ZdjRsEd.png

I doubt that the bfres is corrupted, because I can re-extract the textures again. Any ideas why this is happening?

Repacking course model files is extremely slow. It's not frozen, it's just taking a very long time. Let it run its course and it'll be done eventually.

Last edited by Harmonia,

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to get Rosalina's MK7 voice back with those???
Because that would be better than any custom track or character

ToonRudy

Trophies
XP
Country
How to edit textures

1. In the game dump, go and find any course's/driver's .szs file you like and use yaz0dec to decrypt it.
2. Then, there should be a .bfres file.

I have a "xxxxx.szs 0.rarc" file instead a "xxxxx.bfres" :/ I downloaded yaz0dec from the link you provide, and I'm extracting a .szs file from \vol\content\driver\. What I'm doing wrong? :S

ToonRudy

Trophies
XP
Country
When I open other .dds files it shown a preview of the images, but Mario Kart 8's .dds does not. Also, it doesn't work with Paint.NET (in my case Photoshop with plugin)
aAhgSYC.png

exptc2L.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?