Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
It still needs some usable BFRES exporter.
AFAIK MrBean and his brother made the custom Incendia Castle track by replacing FMDL / FVTX sections in BFRES files (aka "injecting"), judging from the tool name he chose ("MrBean's Magical BFRES corrupter"). While that might work most of the time, it's pretty unflexible (same goes to all the other injectors). There's still some detail missing on exporting completely new BFRES files (especially Index Group / dictionary search values), and the pointer bigotry in that file format is a bit annoying for writing an exporter (especially in managed languages), but I try getting as far as possible (in my limited time).

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It still needs some usable BFRES exporter.
AFAIK MrBean and his brother made the custom Incendia Castle track by replacing FMDL / FVTX sections in BFRES files (aka "injecting"), judging from the tool name he chose ("MrBean's Magical BFRES corrupter"). While that might work most of the time, it's pretty unflexible (same goes to all the other injectors). There's still some detail missing on exporting completely new BFRES files (especially Index Group / dictionary search values), and the pointer bigotry in that file format is a bit annoying for writing an exporter (especially in managed languages), but I try getting as far as possible (in my limited time).
Please keep it up, German fella!
This is the needed step into the awesomeness of upcoming MK8 mods like the epic ones for Wii's MK by Wiimm. :)

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still writing a core part, importing BFRES directly into Blender. There's a thread here: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29259.html
I wasn't active in it since a week or two, as I was doing that extended Cafiine Server last week. I already got back to it xD

The idea is to eventually just allow editing tracks in Blender and export them. That's quite doable since Blender is extendable everywhere, you can attach MK8 specific properties to whatever you like. And that's how I'd probably realize some object editing at first soon, with a new MK8 object tab.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still writing a core part, importing BFRES directly into Blender. There's a thread here: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29259.html
I wasn't active in it since a week or two, as I was doing that extended Cafiine Server last week. I already got back to it xD

The idea is to eventually just allow editing tracks in Blender and export them. That's quite doable since Blender is extendable everywhere, you can attach MK8 specific properties to whatever you like. And that's how I'd probably realize some object editing at first soon, with a new MK8 object tab.
Dude nice

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very appreciated! You're the man! I think I'd make some tracks with Blender as well if it works out to be doable. =)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be great. But, I'm far away from that yet (mostly cuz stupid work eats up my time)...
mC7cTyN3.jpeg

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of this is hard to understand, can I get a simple Cafiine tutorial?

Last edited by MegAmi24, , Reason: SDCafiine only works with smash apparently
D

Deleted User

Is this true?
If I remember rightly, yes, it's a legit thing.

However, if you look on the Wii U hacking and homebrew page on here, you'll notice it had its own thread which is now deleted due to it being a bad cheating mechanism! :teach:

Also, I suggest you remove the link from your quote; that link shouldn't be here at all because it contains copyrighted files anyway.

Reactions: Phantom64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.