Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cptjmac91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally got the 215 tags in and i'm testing them out.

Tagmo shows the key files loaded correct, and i have all my bin files for the amiibos i want. But i'm having trouble writing the tags/ Example, whenever i select load tag "Ocarina of Time Link" it'll show it as that when i load it, then after i write it, tagmo will crash. But when i go back and scan the written tag, it shows it as "SSB Mario" amibo, instead of the Ocarina Link one.

BOTW just beeps when i try scanning them.

I thought okay maybe i just have the mario .bin instead of the one i want, so i tested 5 other of my .bins i have saved and they all came out as ssb mario? I got them all off of nfcbank.com so i'm not really sure what the problem is now. And i don't want to keep wasting tags.

Further testing shows after scanning the written tags they show back as "Mario (SSB) / 04A695D2394D80" and "Mario (SSB) / 049F95D2394D80", " Mario (SSB) / 042899D2394D81" ect.

I just realized they're all different Mario tag numbers?

Then when i try and save the mario tags they show up as "Mario (SSB) [049F9586D2394D8026] 170325200147_corrupted".

I've tried redownloading tagmo, I'm using 2.3.4. I've tried different nfc bins.

It's gotta be something with the app crashing?

Please help

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagmo shows the key files loaded correct, and i have all my bin files for the amiibos i want. But i'm having trouble writing the tags/ Example, whenever i select load tag "Ocarina of Time Link" it'll show it as that when i load it, then after i write it, tagmo will crash. But when i go back and scan the written tag, it shows it as "SSB Mario" amibo, instead of the Ocarina Link one.
If you're having the 'normal' crash, it's before it actually writes. Scan one of your other blanks before you write it. It'll also say SSB Mario, because a blank tag is usually all 00's and SSB Mario has the character ID 00. The good news is, your tags are probably still blank.

You'll have to find the other apks that have been posted in this thread, or the other NTAG215 threads here and try those until you find one that works on your device.

While you're reading threads, please look at the Terms and Rules, because you can't post links or site names for places that have illegal files.

Last edited by nexusmtz,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys..so i selected botw zelda bin file on tagmo and it appeared as toon zelda, is this normal? i dont want to write this and end up with the wrong amiibo..

DarknessDraqon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I've decided to make a nice tutorial for creating Amiibo NTAG215s.

You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support; most do have it.
  • NTAG215s (Development Website for Ninty sells them at $0.30/tag, Aliexpress for a bit more)
  • Amiitool (see below)
  • Amiibo retail keys (see below)

I have updated this section as of 09 November 2016
You still need TagMo (see https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/latest) and the NFC key (see my Pastebin :wink:) but then just load in the key, and then get some tag dumps: As I cant say the exact name (it is copyrighted contents, even though they're only 540B), so you need to search for "NFC" and then the word that has the definition of "the land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake."

Just load everything, and ensure you press (Auto)

Want the slightly-out-of-date but still relevant copy? Here you go:
Thanks to @HiddenRambler updating TagMo to use the keys and amiitool inside of it, this is really simple now. You simply need the amiibo key (Google for it, you'll find it on pastebin ;) ), split it in half, and TagMo 2, then load up the 2 keys, then the BIN files.

TagMo 2: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/

If you want to do it the old way that requires a PC and all the relevant stuff:
You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support (many phones support it, most notably the Samsung and Nexus models)
  • A dumped amiibo (Use the amiiqo app to dump, or google for Amiibo BINs).
  • NTAG215 tags (one per amiibo - you cannot edit once made)
  • @javiMaD 's edited amiitool (https://github.com/javimadgit/amiitool) - Linux only AFAIK, this needs C development libraries, cmake, and libssl-dev.
  • An internet connection.
  • TagMo (https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/)
  • A hex editor (I suggest HxD)
  • TIME and PATIENCE

First, install TagMo, Amiiqo (if you need to dump your amiibo), and HxD (use Bless if on linux), then start compiling Amiitool.
Next, dump your amiibo, and copy onto your machine. Use the web API for decrypting it, which is at https://www.socram.ovh/amiibo/ (operation must be decrypt, file must be the BIN). Then, open it in your hex editor. This is where you need to find out the 7byte UID of your NFC tag, using NFC TagInfo. Once that is done, go to http://dynamoreason.com/res/g/amiibo/uid/ and place it in the box with NO SPACES. You will get a 9 byte UID - place the first 8 bytes in 0x1D4, and the 9th in 0x00 (like the screenshots):

direct

direct

direct

direct

(Yes I blurred out the amiibo, it IS copyrighted you know)

Save this, then use JaviMaD's amiitool to encrypt, with the command './amiitool -k KEYS.bin -e -i filename.bin -o filename-enc.bin', where KEYS.bin is the unfixed info then locked secrets joined together (SHA1: bbdbb49a917d14f7a997d327ba40d40c39e606ce) and filename.bin is the decrypted hex file we just made. Once encrypted, copy over to your phone, turn on NFC and start TagMo. Once this is done, use the action menu and select 'Load tag from file', select the file, then 'Write tag' and place the tag near the NFC adapter in your phone (don't move it until it says done!!!). Once done, you now have an amiibo!
Can you please help me? For the life of me I can't find the key_retail.bin file. Can i please get a link

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you please help me? For the life of me I can't find the key_retail.bin file. Can i please get a link

if you are able to download the complete amiibo bins set from mega from that ISO site for 3DS, it contains a key_retail.bin file in the folders..unfortunately we can't give the direct link..need to rely on how high is your level of Google-Fu.. Re-read what i said and you might find enlightenment. ;)

Last edited by owek1,

cristalarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about something. Why are the keys so ''secretly'' shared?
I'm a complete noob with this topic just recently found about this, I was able to acquire them through Poke's pastebin, but I'm curious every website I check nobody shares that file directly.

D

Deleted User

OP
DMCA allows Nintendo to copyright long numbers that are encryption keys, so they're illegal to share /shrug

Reactions: cristalarc

cristalarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly I am an idiot :/ im looking through the pastebin and im not sure what to pick

In the pastebin you will find a file that has around 5000 hits, which has some cute strings that rhyme with ''unfixed'' and ''locked''. You need those to follow the guide on the first page.

DarknessDraqon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the pastebin you will find a file that has around 5000 hits, which has some cute strings that rhyme with ''unfixed'' and ''locked''. You need those to follow the guide on the first page.
I'm in the pastebin and I don't see anywhere where I can see how many hits something has and as for the clue im at a loss as well. I went from the one pastebin to the big 3ds pastebin but in neither do I see hits or stuff that rhymes lol

nintendy2319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally got the 215 tags in and i'm testing them out.

BOTW just beeps when i try scanning them.

I thought okay maybe i just have the mario .bin instead of the one i want, so i tested 5 other of my .bins i have saved and they all came out as ssb mario? I got them all off of nfcbank.com so i'm not really sure what the problem is now. And i don't want to keep wasting tags.

Further testing shows after scanning the written tags they show back as "Mario (SSB) / 04A695D2394D80" and "Mario (SSB) / 049F95D2394D80", " Mario (SSB) / 042899D2394D81" ect.

I just realized they're all different Mario tag numbers?

Then when i try and save the mario tags they show up as "Mario (SSB) [049F9586D2394D8026] 170325200147_corrupted".

I've tried redownloading tagmo, I'm using 2.3.4. I've tried different nfc bins.

It's gotta be something with the app crashing?

Please help
Have you tried older versions of tagmo? I had similar problems with 2.3.4 until I tried an older version.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about those selling them on eBay?

If you are selling blank NFC chips you are fine. Equivalent to selling writable dvds.

Selling blank NFC cards with the art on them... that's illegal. It has logos and copyrighted art on the cards, so no, you are not allowed to sell it at that point.

If you are selling the NFC chip with the amiibo already loaded on the chip - even without the card having art on it - it's still illegal. Nintendo owns the copyright on all amiibo. This is equivalent of selling bootleg movies.

Selling the amiibo bin files is also illegal.

Sharing the amiibo bin files is also illegal, but comes into the grey area of roms and backups.

Did you really need someone to spell all that out for you?

What about selling a copy of a game on ebay? Same difference

I assume you mean a pirated copy of a game. And yes at that point it would be the same.

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: owek1

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are selling blank NFC chips you are fine. Equivalent to selling writable dvds.

Selling blank NFC cards with the art on them... that's illegal. It has logos and copyrighted art on the cards, so no, you are not allowed to sell it at that point.

If you are selling the NFC chip with the amiibo already loaded on the chip - even without the card having art on it - it's still illegal. Nintendo owns the copyright on all amiibo. This is equivalent of selling bootleg movies.

Selling the amiibo bin files is also illegal.

Sharing the amiibo bin files is also illegal, but comes into the grey area of roms and backups.

Did you really need someone to spell all that out for you?

No.

Someone was selling the nfc stickers with amiibo data in eBay

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

Someone was selling the nfc stickers with amiibo data in eBay

Ya. Those people are doing something that is illegal. They are probably from china where they don't care about copyright laws. And if they were reported to eBay they could lose their account.

Last edited by Random11,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya. Those people are doing something that is illegal. They are probably from china where they don't care about copyright laws. And if they were reported to eBay they could lose their account.

Was an american seller, he sold a few but listing no longer there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill