OKAY it gets worse

Left is the SHINEYS that i patched Right is Mine patched off original you

Notice folder names messed up its the beginning

jGV2Rz0.jpg

57pOHPh.jpg

To conclude YES it is a working color patch

NO TRADING WILL NOT WORK HE USED THE OLDER STORE ROM THAT DOESNT HAVE IT

we already ahd working full color of that already hurrrrrrrr

If I recall correctly, one of the original threads to try to get color and trading working was previously done by you,
(though some elements may have been from the Original Red with Gold sprites, not sure if that was done by you)

But I never got around to finding out if the brown error or trading was ever fixed.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I recall correctly, one of the original threads to try to get color and trading working was previously done by you,
(though some elements may have been from the Original Red with Gold sprites, not sure if that was done by you)

But I never got around to finding out if the brown error or trading was ever fixed.
apparently trading is working between Crystal and R/B/Y but not between another crystal

Brown never got fixed @froggestspirit was working on something but i ahve been away for like 3 months while the scene is died down

The closest we got was ALL colours working but they flickered when you moved the browns did. faster you move the more it strobed (look at timestamp)

2XvQIju.jpg

PS

This is what happens when you insert the ROM that shiny used or use the IPS patch for blue in the the VC that has trading

Jcu6lkb.jpg

Reactions: Queno138

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently trading is working between Crystal and R/B/Y but not between another crystal

Brown never got fixed @froggestspirit was working on something but i ahve been away for like 3 months while the scene is died down

The closest we got was ALL colours working but they flickered when you moved the browns did. faster you move the more it strobed (look at timestamp)

PS

This is what happens when you insert the ROM that shiny used or use the IPS patch for blue in the the VC that has trading

Well dude... Then you didn't saw my videos. The patch is already done and trading is possible between RBYG - Crystal - Crystal and battling, too. Release date is soon.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well dude... Then you didn't saw my videos. The patch is already done and trading is possible between RBYG - Crystal - Crystal and battling, too. Release date is soon.

does crystal have colour issues with sprites i just noticed this

rBECAth.jpg

D

Deleted User

Please stop stealing other people's work, you've already done it with JKSM

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yo! This is so cool man,can u share the way how to make it color? The yellow version in japanese is black and white and i really like to play it in color :)

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
That thread only links to .ips patches rather then a full fledge VC inject

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is a good reason why, and it's simply because of muscle memory. Newer Pokemon games will allow you to use either the touch screen, start button or X button to access the menu but usually the latter two are always used nowadays. It may not affect a veteran Pokemon gamer as much but to somebody playing these VC titles after their first Pokemon game was XY or something, it would be a bit frustrating to vainly press the X button and have nothing happen, despite the fact that such a button never existed.

tl;dr Convenience for newer Pokemon players.

Also, will there be an alternate that doesn't replace graphical sprites/textures? (You know, aside from color.) I understand that GSC sprites look much prettier and polished over the abominations of Gen 1 sprites but some of us actually adore those distorted designs.
If I were to color it with no Gen2 sprites then all sprites and overworld characters would have no color, So its just better to have the gen 2 sprites

How do I inject this hack?
Search "Chaos" "3ds" and find my thread :)

I probably should have been clearer with my initial question, rather than ask for only the difference.

As far as I can tell, this seems to be another version of the "Red Version with Gold graphics and color", which also previous has been hacked to work with Pokemon Blue (on 3ds iso site),
[and several such threads existed before, but I couldn't find them all; I also previously tried porting them over, as decrypting and swapping roms on VC files aren't that tedious.]

and there were a few issues with those:
1. One would be unable to get past an early part of the game (game would crash), having loading an existing save bypasses it.
2. The ported version onto VC seems to have issues displaying brown items (they only show up properly when black out animations), such as doors and ledges
3. If more add-ons exist, VC starts to become buggy/unstable/glitchy, especially with the EXP bar add on and such.

So when I asked if this thread game is any different, I was asking to see if any these 3 points were fixed,
so correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it.
The coloring is perfect and I never crashed yet and im at the 2nd gym, I didnt add any extra addons.

2XvQIju.jpg

PS

Jcu6lkb.jpg
Lmao, That DOES NOT happen with m VC inject at all! I can provide proof later/.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not according to the person that he stole this project from.

This color modification breaks trading.

To what I remember from testing this sort of thing when the Pokemon VC releases were dumped was color hacks like this break the games trading however just using the Black and White gen 2 sprites the trading works if I remember correctly

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That thread only links to .ips patches rather then a full fledge VC inject

If I were to color it with no Gen2 sprites then all sprites and overworld characters would have no color, So its just better to have the gen 2 sprites

The coloring is perfect and I never crashed yet and im at the 2nd gym, I didnt add any extra addons.

Lmao, That DOES NOT happen with m VC inject at all! I can provide proof later/.

1. IPS patches are the same as a Full fledged inject you just inject the original FILE beside you dont even know how to IPS patch thats why you used file
  2. you didnt even colour it stop lying I hash checked the files you just inserted the premade .GBC i hashed checked the files
  3. Yes your colouring is perfect because you removed all the NETCODE and PATCHES that make wireless trading work
  4. Even if you had colour working with the PATCH FILES and NETCODE still in the contents, GEN2 Music breaks the game i proved and tested this half a year ago
  5. I inseretd the exact same GBC file into the VC Pokemon RED from your ROM with all the original patch files you DELETED, that buggy graphics is the result.
TL;DR you rom will have buggy graphics if it had the actual netcode patches still inserted
Needed for trading
It also would fail to trade because Gen2 Music breaks trading

To what I remember from testing this sort of thing when the Pokemon VC releases were dumped was color hacks like this break the games trading however just using the Black and White gen 2 sprites the trading works if I remember correctly

Gen2 Sprites work
Sprint with B works
Colour works with buggy palettes

Gen2 Music (OPS rom) doesnt work
Removing all the patches that make trading work fixes this

But ob breaks trading

any word on making it work with trading?

Trading already works with all my releases
The closes you would get to GEN2 with Colour Sprites is my Yellow Patch which i released #

Looks like this

6SHlHgi.jpg

BTW i know all about colour patching working or not i even have it timestamped

2NL8TuK.jpg

33Zlidz.jpg

Like i said OP is BS if there was a working Colour patch I would have released it

also he posted this thread to kinda Whore his thread for likes on the site he put DL link on.

and he still hasnt credited the Patch creators

Last edited by izy,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
  1. IPS patches are the same as a Full fledged inject you just inject the original FILE beside you dont even know how to IPS patch thats why you used file
  2. you didnt even colour it stop lying I hash checked the files you just inserted the premade .GBC i hashed checked the files
  3. Yes your colouring is perfect because you removed all the NETCODE and PATCHES that make wireless trading work
  4. Even if you had colour working with the PATCH FILES and NETCODE still in the contents, GEN2 Music breaks the game i proved and tested this half a year ago
  5. I inseretd the exact same GBC file into the VC Pokemon RED from your ROM with all the original patch files you DELETED, that buggy graphics is the result.
TL;DR you rom will have buggy graphics if it had the actual netcode patches still inserted
Needed for trading

Gen2 Sprites work
Sprint with B works

But ob breaks trading

The closes you would get to GEN2 with Colour Sprites is my Yellow Patch which i released #

Looks like this

6SHlHgi.jpg

2NL8TuK.jpg

33Zlidz.jpg

Like i said OP is BS if there was a working Colour patch I would have released it

also he posted this thread to kinda Whore his thread for likes on the site he put DL link on.

Lemme ask you this, When did I say I ever colored it myself?
All I said is I managed to inject a color rom into VC.
Please spread your negativity elsewhere.

Needed for trading

Gen2 Sprites work
Sprint with B works

But ob breaks trading

Looks like this

6SHlHgi.jpg

2NL8TuK.jpg

33Zlidz.jpg

PS:
The color patch does work have you actually fucking used it
Yes trading may or may not work but WHO CARES I just posted this so people can play in color,
And yes I did credit them, Look in the OP.
And no I could not give a single fuck about likes on that site if you look I couldnt even bother to put at avatar on that site.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lemme ask you this, When did I say I ever colored it myself?
All I said is I managed to inject a color rom into VC.
Please spread your negativity elsewhere.

PS:
The color patch does work have you actually fucking used it
Yes trading may or may not work but WHO CARES I just posted this so people can play in color,
And yes I did credit them, Look in the OP.
And no I could not give a single fuck about likes on that site if you look I couldnt even bother to put at avatar on that site.

1. The fully coloured version already existed yes we already *fucking* stated it works, working and having a functional game is another thing entirely
  2. Yes it works no shit ofc i fucking used it how else would i have tested it L2R considering i even posted massive screenshots with comparions of it in actually properly built CIAS
  3. The point of having the VC with working color was to have the trade/battle functions we already had working colour months ago by removing everything. (even more so using the older VC version that didnt have trading) the whole fucking poimt of the new VC version is wireless connectivity. No one would be using this version lol they would just grab the old one from ast year that had workng full colour
  4. GZ you edited your post to contain thanks to OP what about your chaos thread? PS YOU LINKED THE WRONG PATCH GG
  5. Maybe test your shit or look it up before you post it May or may not work is not an answer also the fact you cant get the Sprint IPS patch to work is a joke considering it works perfectly
also lol

ShinyMK said:
Dont make this become another thread like JKSMK, Derailing and/or talk about it and ill just remove this thread too and all download links.

what are you Cell9?

good remove the download links not like you added anything that wasnt already obtainable

Last edited by izy,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some negative fucks on this site - Derailed the thread once again when I try do something. Say thanks to @Xenosaiga & @squee666 for no download links :D

q8ij556.gif
riqIpSo.gif

Colors look a slight bit better in the game itself - Its a .gif so color and quality is always decreased, Thats why Yellow is showing up a LOT
Now if you could actually release something of your own work instead of trying to repeatedly rip off other people's work it wouldn't be so bad.

But, I'm afraid you already have a reputation as a rampaging thief.

So long and good riddance for all the rotten fish.

Last edited by Xenosaiga,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153