Hacking M3i Zero Sleep mode on the DSi

honoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a fix for the sleep-mode issue yet? Has M3 recognized the problem?

Any tips, tricks for this to work is appreciated. I've mailed M3 about this
but haven't gotten and answer. Perhaps if we all do it, they'll pay more attention to it.

Here's the email for their contact: [email protected]

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
What you mean? when i close my DSi screen, the games goes into sleep mode... it doesnt make sound, no image is shown, etc... and when i open the DSi again, its all the same.... yesterdayi let it in sleep mode for over a hour ( could not save in TWEWY and had to go out for a hour and so, i close it and when i get back still the same :D

if you want, i can prove it via a video :)

anyways, do you own a m3i zero gmp-z003? or whatever the new model is? do you only use sakura + touch pod?
own a old m3i zero model? try quadboot by a little gay catboy

honoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the newer version, GMP-Z003!

When I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep. The screen flickers! A lot! It's like it goes in and out of sleep 10 times a second. I'm not familiar with quadboot, but I guess I could search. Thank you

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when did you buy it?
because if you have just recently bought an m3i zero and this problem still exists...well lets just say im gonna halt on buying another one.

look on the back and tell me your chip revision code.

honoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Jaylen. I actually went back to work to fix some last things before the weekend, so I brought my cart back. The numbering on the back says: "M3i-32m-TSOP-v1".
And just now I noticed that sleep works while at the DSi menu whenever the M3i is ejected. When inserted, the DSi turns off completely. If I had known that this card sucks at basic functions like sleep, I would have never bought it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this problem back on both of my M3i Zero flashcarts, sometimes it would flicker on/off when the lid was closed, sometimes it would shut off altogether.
This was using a good microSD card too, same one my Acekard 2i had been using at the time.

I've heard things like this can be a problem with the microSD card (unlikely) or a contact issue, I just decided to conclude that the M3i Zero is just a shitty flashcart and continued using my Acekard 2i at the time.

honoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with your conclusion. I have my friends cart here with me aswell. It's the same as mine, and it suffers from the same problems. So, I can only believe that it's the carts fault. I would appreciate if anyone with a DSi and a M3i Zero GMP-Z003, with working sleep-mode would tell me what their setup is. Which firmware version and so on.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
well, my old m3i zero works on sleep mode, so i dont know why yours wont, maybe its a GMP-Z003 problem? anyways dont go out saying that m3i zero is shitty, its a really good card, and you can have up to 4 firmwares on it, never let me down on any game... so... im happy with it

honoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can't have up to 4 firmwares on it. They blocked it on the Z003. So it stopped being a good card right there. And also the sleep-mode stopped working. So you need to understand that the GMP-Z003, and the older M3i Zero's are NOT the same cards. They have different hardware. So, it's fine to say that it's shitty when a newer card performs less than the older ones.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3i-32m-TSOP-v1. still has that issue?

well that is horrible news because that is a different revision from the original batch of GMP-Z003 cards (m3i-32m-bga).

i wonder if its the fact that they test on maybe chinese only dsi's or what...because the problem even occurs on DS lite and orignal DS models

improved cartridge design...right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc