Gaming M33 runs on TA-088v3

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
oh ryt, this stuff is too complicated for me, i need a noob guide but who would bother (i guess if ur noob just tough luck?) the guy who's moddin my psp for me rang and he sed that its gonna be hard to hack my TA-088v3 but he'll try.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's impossible...the best you can do is run the CFWEnabler using the HEN. If he continues to try you'll end up with a brick. If i were you i'd get the PSP back asap before he wrecks it, and get some FREE advice from us here.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
but.. im a total noob (seriously) and i dont kno how to use it, i cant find any easy for noobs guides out there, maybe if you were really really kind you could help me?
biggrin.gif

do you have an msn account? ill pm you my msn k? i dont mind if you dont wanna help because most people dont have the time and i won't be offended
wink.gif

cheers
grog.gif

oh and what you mean by impossible...what is imposible? to hack it?

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
will all this work if i have original 5.50 firmware?
and if it doesnt is there any way to downgrade my 5.50 firmware to anything that will work?

thedicemaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
issy12 said:
will all this work if i have original 5.50 firmware?
and if it doesnt is there any way to downgrade my 5.50 firmware to anything that will work?
no, and no.
there are currently no exploits known that work on 5.50, so no way to get any unsigned code to run on 5.50

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope..nothing at all. You neglected to mention that you were on 5.50 and there are no exploits currently available for the latest OFW (the HEN only works on 5.03 and there's no way to go down a firmware).

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
But xist i didnt really think that mattered, sorry, do you reckon i should just sell/trade in my useless psp or just wait for some genius hacker to work it all out?

thanks for the info guys.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you'll be waiting a long time. If i were you i'd either get a second PSP which is hackable, or trade up for an already CFW'd PSP.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok, shall i just get a psp phat or risk it with a psp slim god of war or daxter bundles? Oh yh, do the bundles have stickers or anything different on the actual psp, becuase i'd like my psp to be plain.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
issy12 said:
oh ok, shall i just get a psp phat or risk it with a psp slim god of war or daxter bundles? Oh yh, do the bundles have stickers or anything different on the actual psp, becuase i'd like my psp to be plain.

Sometimes they have a decal on the back.

Google "God of War PSP" to see what I mean.

I think the Daxtar one is just plain silver, though.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, lol i did go on google for it, but i don't like any of them, i don't like silver or red
frown.gif

Are there any ways i can get a black 2000 and be sure i can hack it?

Edit: Spelling
tongue.gif

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
u know what? I'm gonna keep my psp, i know custom firmware will obviously make me pirate all my games and im gonna buy my games now, i dont care how much theyll cost and if i cant afford them, game stores sell some really good preowned games for less than ten pounds! i just was thinking to myself that in effect piracy=stealing. i wouldnt actually go into a shop and steal a game but then i think its not as bad to download it from the internet? it obviously isnt and im just gonna use UMD from shops no matter how slow the running tyms are and the price at least i can play games without feeling like a burglar and actually feel like i've earned the right to play the game. of course if ur reading this u probably think im only sayin it coz i cant get custom firmware but what the hell? i' ve been given the chance to stop piracy so why not take it?

yaypsp.gif

PS: thanks for the help guys

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Good for you issy. It's not just PSP games that we use CFW for though (the fact that i can rip all the old PSX games i have makes CFW a brilliant thing, and ScummVM is a godsend) but your example is one many should follow, instead of just whining on about someone developing a new exploit.

Go buy Crisis Core and God Of War, and import Jeanne d'Arc from the US.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
hehe, yh thanks xist, i know that you can use CFW for many other cool things, and many other people like you arent pirates (infact hackers themselves dnt promote piracy). I might still get CFW if it does come out for my psp, for homebrew and stuffs. I'm still gonna use this site definately, for reviews and stuff. God of war? I thoguht MGS:Portable ops would be a good first buy? By the way can you help me chose a really good game to prove to my big brother that is worth PAYING for the games. I dont like RPGs if ur wondering. I want something with amazing/good graphics and i wont get bored of. I was thinking tekken or MGS...

PS: i know i can use websites like gamespot, but i just want ur opinions
biggrin.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The first Non RPG game i bought was Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which i thought was really good. God Of War is short but also great. You might also like the GTA games and the Syphon Filter games too.

And Metacritic is a great resource as it compiles multiple reviews in one place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dont forget to steam her sausage first