Hacking M3 or supercard?

akalic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know the pros and cons of it but i know that m3 is more expensive but is it worth the extra money?
like if M3 has better battery life or something i may be interested.

G0nan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I know about supercard is that it plays ds games pretty well but I've been personally let down with one game in particular...Pokemon Emerald which wont let you get past a certain point. Other than that...ie gba games...I've been nothing but happy with it.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
melloncollie. read the reviews. they are old.

It barely affects battery time with ds games, the gba games drain it fast.
They have the same NDS compatibilty and the SC can play 90% of gba games. Make sure you get it from a good store

realhotstuff.com
or
natrium42.com/shop

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
M3 = NDS and GBA and Homebrew
SC = NDS and Homebrew and a little GBA

Corrected
wink.gif

charlie1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all. My first post. I'm glad i found this place. Like it very much.

I used a SC MiniSD for quite some time on my GBA SP and the vast majority of games work pretty well but it cut your battery life in half. I recently bought a DS Lite and ordered my SC Lite Micro SD, Superkey, 1Gb Micro SD card and USB card reader from www.realhotstuff.com for the low price of 122.00$ Again, i'm very satisfied with the SC products. To this day, i tried over 80 US games and got no compatibily/freeze/lag problems. The battery life is pretty good to but i cannot tell you precisely how long it last. I just plug it in when needed. I also like how the SC Lite fit snuggly in the slot without protruding from it. I haven't encountered any problems running GBA games from it either. Last week i finally got to try the Comic book reader for the DS and was very pleased with the results to. All in all, based on my personnal experience, i strongly recommend the Supercard Lite product.

Hope this will help.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also a Supercard Lite fan. I went with Supercard over M3 because even though I read the Supercard does not do so well with GBA, I am a comitted EFA-Linker fan when it comes to GBA flashcarts. I have a 256mbit and 512mbit EFA, and they kick butt over anything that's DS-oriented on the market now if you're only playing GBA.

As it turned out though, the SCLite does a pretty decent job with GBA. I've heard some games have serious slowdowns (i.e. Yoshi's Island) but I haven't tried any yet that do this. I already beat Yoshi's Island on GBA and SNES, so no need to do it again. The GBA saving procedure in SC is more complex and tedious than on the EFA, but its also more versatile. In fact, there are some GBA games I've chosen to play using the SC instead of the EFA because of the instant-save capability.

AFAIK, the M3 does GBA almost as well as the ol' EFA.

When it comes to running NDS apps, whether it be releases of commercial games or homebrew, the SCLite kicks butt. Saves are done directly to the microSD card, meaning no battery is involved or necessary. The speed is apparently excellent as I see no problems in any DS games I care to play. Patching the NDS games with the SC software is dead-simple. The software client and the firmware's interface are both quite plain and utilitarian, but perfectly functional and QUICK.

AFAIK, the M3 does NDS almost as well as the SCLite.

So, if its for the best all-rounder, and you really want to be able to play anything DS or GBA, get the M3.
If your primarily interested in DS only, get the SCLite. Heck, if you know you ONLY want to play NDS games, get the SCLite Rumble and save a lot of bucks (it cannot do GBA at all, but NDS compatibility is the same, plus it has the gimmicky rumble feature).

Shtroodle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering how M3 Lite compares to SC Lite in homebrew compatibility, and also is Supercard OS customizable in any way (cause I seem to remember that a lot of people complained it was just plain ugly). I know that M3 has nice customization features and although this may sound a bit weird, I prefer a nice looking OS over the one that looks like it was made on a typewriter. Thanks.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering how M3 Lite compares to SC Lite in homebrew compatibility, and also is Supercard OS customizable in any way (cause I seem to remember that a lot of people complained it was just plain ugly). I know that M3 has nice customization features and although this may sound a bit weird, I prefer a nice looking OS over the one that looks like it was made on a typewriter. Thanks.

I don't know if I'd call the SCLite's interface "ugly" ... but it's plain. Basically just ASCII text on a white background. There is some customization possible, but it's very limited and not quite what you'd call "skinning." It's also not possible on the SClite, so d/n really matter.

The SCLite's OS is nothing more than a list. Scroll down to the game or app you want (shoulder buttons can be used to page flip instead of scroll), and press the A button to run it. Why would you want more than that?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saying , I'm very satisfied with my M3, it has a skinnable interface , and built in MP3 & DPG software , dont start to attack eachother , if your fine with what you bought ,be happy for yourself.

I can only advise you : I have heard the M3 is better :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29384

I think the comments to this thread have been pretty neutral. No one, including myself, has suggested anything other than that each of them has strengths/weaknesses, and a buyers' choice should be based on considering what he needs the card to do. For someone who has no flashcart and considers GBA important, I recommended the M3. For someone who is satisfied with their existing GBA hardware setup or who doesn't care about GBA, I recommended SCLite.

And, that comparo chart you pointed to is very old. It doesn't really apply to the products being discussed here.

Shtroodle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The SCLite's OS is nothing more than a list. Scroll down to the game or app you want (shoulder buttons can be used to page flip instead of scroll), and press the A button to run it. Why would you want more than that?

You know those guys that take... let's say Windows Vista, and first thing they do when they install it is to remove all the bells and whistles to make it look like WinNT? Well, I'm more like the opposite of them. But seriously, it's just a matter of personal preference - though I guess my wallet will decide which flash card suits me the best (probably SC in that case).

Can anyone shed some light on homebrew compatibility of M3Lite? I know that SC's is top notch. Thanks.

P.S. I just read the M3 Lite Pro review and it seems like a good alternative to SC Lite. Minus the GBA support.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK, the M3 does GBA almost as well as the ol' EFA.

AFAIK, the M3 does NDS almost as well as the SCLite.

unsure.gif

AFAIK GBA on the M3 is 100% (compatibility, no slowdown) unless you enable the real time save, in which case the compatibility takes a bit of a dive.

AFAIK NDS is better on the M3 because it has more frequent updates than the SC.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-