Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

TwoFootGiant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new 2dsXL 11.8-41u. using r4isdhc RTS LITE (silver 2018) from r4isdhc . i used the luma installer on the system's sd, put the stock updated firmware for the card on the card's sd. and i have never been able to get the start+select+x+power to pull up a menu. now, i'm pretty sure my card is stuck flashed to ntrboot, and i can't flash it back to stock, as the cfw did not finalize.

"Unless your card has a NTRboot switch, or is already in NTRBoot mode, you will need to use the website to find your card, and follow the links. It will give you a file called NTR_Flasher.nds (This file can differ depending on what card you have) You will need to copy this file to your card, and run it as if it were a game, If done successfully, the card will no longer display as a game when inserted into the console. If you get this result, your card should now be NTRboot ready. From here, follow the video, You will have CFW in 10 mins." ~ statusquo from his comment section

now, the card is not allowing me to utilize it as ntr and do the button combo into luma, and it's not showing up on the homescreen as bomberman.
what do i do?
i've tried putting the stock firmware files back onto the r4's sd, but of course, i can't flash the card back, b/c it's not showing up on the homescreen.
please help, it's my son's r4, we were trying to mod my 2ds before we messed up his gold triforce edition 3ds

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot boot chainloader on my a9lh machine. I want to go to bs9, but when I press start only home menu loads on boot. what can I do? do I have to replace some file in ctrnand/rw? here is my sd card root:

a9lhzdfi4.png

any help is highly appreciated

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted config.bin in ctrnand and it now shows luma menuwhen booting and pressing start. what to do now?

I did it using another SD card. now my old card (64gb) will not boot anymore. it just shows a blue blink once and thats it. how to fix this? was working fine on a9lh.

snow01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi everyone! I could use some help with the guide. I'm currently stuck on Section IV - Flashing FIRM. When I launch Steeldiver Sub Wars it says "An error has ocurred, forcing the software to close." Any clues on how to fix this? (I have not ran the update on Steeldiver.)

snow01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi everyone! I could use some help with the guide. I'm currently stuck on Section IV - Flashing FIRM. When I launch Steeldiver Sub Wars it says "An error has ocurred, forcing the software to close." Any clues on how to fix this? (I have not ran the update on Steeldiver.)

Is it safe to jump back and redo Section III? Or what is the best thing to do?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is Luma the best CFW? I'm thinking of installing it. My 3DS is old and has firmware 4.3.0-10E (emunand is more recent). Do I still need to use emunand? I'm thinking of using this 3DS for TwilightMenu, DSiWare, 3DSWare and VC primarily. Can I just update firmware to one of the newer ones and install CFW straight into sysnand?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is Luma the best CFW? I'm thinking of installing it. My 3DS is old and has firmware 4.3.0-10E (emunand is more recent). Do I still need to use emunand? I'm thinking of using this 3DS for TwilightMenu, DSiWare, 3DSWare and VC primarily. Can I just update firmware to one of the newer ones and install CFW straight into sysnand?

Yes Luma is the best.

Please read this:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer to use Gateway Cheats, so I know which Cheats I am using. Not to mention, NTR Plugins cant be Modified, or Edited as of yet, correct???? Also Plugins always Require Users to Reset the System after using them per Game, otherwise the System will lockup. Gateway was much easier, especially creating/finding Cheats.

squirousquared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
OT: just posting to express my thankfulness to Aurora - and to the whole supporters - for Luma. It's one of the most exciting things happened to any hack scene ever! And OMG look at that luma icon!! Awesome! Keep up the good work! This REALLY restored my faith in human beings - no joke, nope :) - .

Reactions: BaamAlex

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Luma 3DS is great, thank you very much.

Anyway, I should really hack my Nintendo 2DSXL but I am scared about the magnet thing. I know is silly but whatever.

Anyone got a list of the suped up 3DS abd suped up 2DS exclusives and what games work better on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share