Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on a o3DS, 11.4. I recently made it CFW on 11.3, updated to 11.4 then tried to update Luma to 8.0. After the restart my 3ds blue light will light up, then immediatly turn right back off. I have restored it to the backed up NAND using a different SD card. I tried it again and the same thing happened but now one card the light turns on for 1 second, and the other card lights up for about 10 seconds. I can not boot up into GodMode9 or anything. I think it is a softbrick, and it would really help if someone could help me fix this issue.
Put Luma3DS 7.1 back on your SD card, then update B9S to 1.2. https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I have B9S 1.2 installed and Luma3DS 8. Everything is working well but there are is some weird stuff going on. I have the New 3ds xl with 11.4.

There are different scenarios here.
1- Starting the console with New 3ds CPU clock + L2: If I play games that previously would crash with this feature on (e.g. Ridge Racers / Sonic all star racing transformed) they crash into the error attached.
2- Starting the console without New 3ds CPU Clock + L2, but then turn them on from the new menu: If I play Ridge Racers and Sonic All star they play just fine.
3- HBL with or without the New 3ds CPU Clock + L2: I mostly play Quake and Duke Nukem. Quake works fine and it crashed on me only one time with the same error attached. Duke Nukem won't even start. It goes straight into the error.

I know the Cpu and L2 thing works from the menu because I can change them on the go and notice a huge performance improvement in Quake.
Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42.jpg

Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42_2.jpg

Zhakien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a bit of a problem here, hope someone can help me figure out a fix.

So I recently updated to B9S 1.2 and Luma 8.0 and most of it works fine, but I'm finding one particular problem a little disconcerting. Namely I can't get NTR to work. I've updated BootNTR Selector to the latest release (2.8) and have been trying to use pokeCalcNTR, but seconds after loading my game, I get an error and it forces a restart.

I'm using a N3DS on 11.4 with B9S 1.2 and Luma 8.0 while booting into NTR 3.5

The error I'm receiving is:
An exception occurred

Processor: ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Current process: niji_loc (0004000000175E00)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can turn off the error screens? It gives more information, but it tends to cause more random crashes.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a way I can turn off the error screens? It gives more information, but it tends to cause more random crashes.
I think that up to a few hours ago, you could find a commit on the Luma nightly site that could do that but the site has bet reset(as in, no commits right now).

D

Deleted User

For some reason, keyboard buttons don't do anything to my 3DS while using Rosalina's InputRedirection and this required PC client, an Xbox 360 controller works fine.

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I have B9S 1.2 installed and Luma3DS 8. Everything is working well but there are is some weird stuff going on. I have the New 3ds xl with 11.4.

There are different scenarios here.
1- Starting the console with New 3ds CPU clock + L2: If I play games that previously would crash with this feature on (e.g. Ridge Racers / Sonic all star racing transformed) they crash into the error attached.
2- Starting the console without New 3ds CPU Clock + L2, but then turn them on from the new menu: If I play Ridge Racers and Sonic All star they play just fine.
3- HBL with or without the New 3ds CPU Clock + L2: I mostly play Quake and Duke Nukem. Quake works fine and it crashed on me only one time with the same error attached. Duke Nukem won't even start. It goes straight into the error.

I know the Cpu and L2 thing works from the menu because I can change them on the go and notice a huge performance improvement in Quake.

Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42_2.jpg

Well, I've just tried Halo 3ds and same error. Am I the only one getting these errors on HB games? I used the CIA for this one.

Nonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I updated my old 3ds to b9s, deleted old luna 3ds , installed the new one and I updated the payload. Now it will not boot up, please someone help me.

D

Deleted User

Just out of curiosity, how come Luma has an option to overclock the New 3DS CPU but not the Old 3DS CPU? Is the the o3ds already running at it's absolute limit?
yes. The overclock of the New 3DS CPU isn't at its fullest when playing old games (like Pokemon X) but o3ds is already maxed out for all games

Nonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I updated my old 3ds to b9s, deleted old luna 3ds , installed the new one and I updated the payload. Now it will not boot up, please someone help me.

Fixed it I restored the backups I had. I am not gona update the payload for a while...!!!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, how come Luma has an option to overclock the New 3DS CPU but not the Old 3DS CPU? Is the the o3ds already running at it's absolute limit?
It's not actually "overclocking". The New 3DS CPU supports two speeds: 268 MHz (same as Old 3DS) and 804 MHz. Normally, only New 3DS-enhanced games run at 804 MHz; older games run at 268 MHz. What the Luma3DS option does is it forces the 804 MHz frequency for games that don't explicitly support it.

Sidenote: The CPU actually supports a third speed, 536 MHz, but nothing uses this officially, and there's really no point in using it.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the official thread for the Luma3DS "CFW". Please be civil, and read the wiki below before asking questions or contacting me privately. No "CFW wars" allowed on the thread.
yAdQH9D.png
Wiki guide, explanation of all options and features: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki
Download: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
I have several problems with Luma3DS 8.0-Rosalina.
  1. Older FIRMS that worked on B9S v1.0 and v1.1 are now NOT working for Luma3DS 8.0-Rosalina and B9S v1.2
  2. It's quite annoying at times. When something doesn't work, it just an exception at your face,and forces you to restart. I would like this feature to be changed (if possible) so I won't be forced to restart.
  3. Apps getting unsupported. freeShop bugs out when sleep mode downloading, throws an error ("Game card was removed") when normal downloading.
  4. InputRedirection causing... wait for it... NOT exceptions, but errors, STILL FORCING ME TO RESTART! I just bought myself a pretty cool controller, and I can't use it, since when a game (Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destionies in this case) gets to a loading screen, or simply wants to load something, I get an error (errDisp, was it?), and IT FORCES ME TO SHUT DOWN. I had to regain 20 minutes of gameplay, it's a VERY annoying flaw.
To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed. All other Lumas were VERY well made, this one just seems... well... rushed. I hope an upcoming update will fix my (and everyone's) issues.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Older FIRMS that worked on B9S v1.0 and v1.1 are now NOT working for Luma3DS 8.0-Rosalina and B9S v1.2
This is a Boot9Strap issue. Parameter passing for some things (framebuffer init?) was changed in 1.2. Luma's chainloader merely passes these parameters as-is to the payload, so the payload has to be updated.
It's quite annoying at times. When something doesn't work, it just an exception at your face,and forces you to restart. I would like this feature to be changed (if possible) so I won't be forced to restart.
Turn off Luma's ErrDisp handler. Instead of getting the exception information, you'll just get the standard 3DS "An error has occurred, turn off the power" screen. Much more informative.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a Boot9Strap issue. Parameter passing for some things (framebuffer init?) was changed in 1.2. Luma's chainloader merely passes these parameters as-is to the payload, so the payload has to be updated.

Turn off Luma's ErrDisp handler. Instead of getting the exception information, you'll just get the standard 3DS "An error has occurred, turn off the power" screen. Much more informative.
Thanks, that's just what I needed, some tasty sarcasm. Yay, I'll get a different error, which will still just force me to shut down. If that wasn't sarcasm then I feel REALLY bad for you. Read much? I was asking for this to be fixed, not for a different error.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
Reactions: fr3quency

sausbaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated Luma and B9S to the latest releases last night and get this error every time I try to boot Luma.

Chainloader works fine.
w0Tb8Ng.jpg

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000001.zip
    490 bytes · Views: 162
Last edited by sausbaus,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users