pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
all good everything is working perfectly and for some reason my eshop is working again lol, so pretty happy, cheers for the help again everyone, and man luma is fast booting sysNAND on 10.7 than emuNAND was
Glad you got it sorted. Now please put some clothing one

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having a weird issue that I don't know if it's been mentioned before. I'm running the latest version of Luma on my A9HL N3DS, using a 10.7 sysNAND. Everything works just fine, but whenever I install anything from the eShop, my N3DS reverts to the default theme and every custom theme that I had installed as CIA disappears.

I don't remember having this issue before. My games (both in- and out-of-region) are fine. Nothing else disappears, except for the themes!

That's normal. You probably lost DLC too unless you don't have a NNID linked.

That's weird. I honestly don't remember this behavior in previous versions of Luma (then ARN). Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening?

PS: Sorry it took me so long to reply!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone knows:
If i use "make release" to build latest github
i get the following error: (Not really aproblem, just trying to have everything working ;) )

Code:
linking Luma3DS.elf
built ... Luma3DS.3dsx
built ... Luma3DS.smdh
rm /d/Luma3DS/out/Luma3DS.elf
/bin/sh: 7z: command not found
make: *** [out/Luma3DSv5.3.1.7z] Error 127

I have libarchive installed for 7z support, or is it an external program that's needed?

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone knows:
If i use "make release" to build latest github
i get the following error: (Not really aproblem, just trying to have everything working ;) )

Code:
linking Luma3DS.elf
built ... Luma3DS.3dsx
built ... Luma3DS.smdh
rm /d/Luma3DS/out/Luma3DS.elf
/bin/sh: 7z: command not found
make: *** [out/Luma3DSv5.3.1.7z] Error 127

I have libarchive installed for 7z support, or is it an external program that's needed?

If you dont need to make a .7z to share, then your good to go no ?
e: and install 7z, libarchive cant compress in 7z:
  • 7-Zip (read only, starting in libarchive 3.0)

Last edited by cavolo,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to luma3ds 5.2 from aureinand and it seems that all my payloads arent working (when it used to work in aureinand), does anyone know what went wrong? Ive only ticked autoboot sysnand, uses sysnand firm as default and enable splash screen with no screen init from the configuration screen as I only have updated sysnand now. All my payloads have been moved from the aurei payloads folder to the payloads folder in luma and renamed. I think im using a non screen-init version of arm9lh.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated to luma3ds 5.2 from aureinand and it seems that all my payloads arent working (when it used to work in aureinand), does anyone know what went wrong? Ive only ticked autoboot sysnand, uses sysnand firm as default and enable splash screen with no screen init from the configuration screen as I only have updated sysnand now. All my payloads have been moved from the aurei payloads folder to the payloads folder in luma and renamed. I think im using a non screen-init version of arm9lh.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
At those point:
Upgrading from ARN 4.3 or older
Upgrading from ARN 5.0

And if not enough:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes
Payload Chainloading

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
At those point:
Upgrading from ARN 4.3 or older
Upgrading from ARN 5.0

And if not enough:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes
Payload Chainloading

Thank you, I did check those pages though. I was on aureinand 4.2 so i used the 4.3 or older guide and I checked the page on payload chainloading and everything seems to look ok from my side but absolutely no payloads work

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, I did check those pages though. I was on aureinand 4.2 so i used the 4.3 or older guide and I checked the page on payload chainloading and everything seems to look ok from my side but absolutely no payloads work
Its not mentionned, but aurora deleted some line of code one time, because decrypt9, emunand9, etc... where updated, and Luma doesn't needed those line to make these payload to work. So ... update your payload to their latest version :P

Le6996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your problem is solved in 5.3.1, but at the same time the GW-messed-up NANDs have issues. Can't please everyone.
It seems you can have double FIRM files in two cases:
- partial downloaded updates in the background
- GW screwing up the NAND with a downgrade
Deleting the extra titles from the CTRNAND also seems to remove the "Update available" message. It never showed up for me again after I deleted the extra Firm files. (I used to get it whenever i booted my sysnand)

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only removed one patch which is only useful to people who follow that super-long and convoluted tutorial on yifan's github gist (I tried myself, I have a perfect Japanese emuNAND and even with the removed patch you can't download anything from eShop... other people confirmed this as well).

Sorry for bringing this matter back... I think yifanlu's patch is still useful to a certain extent (I have a region-converted JP N3DS to US).

While it's true that I can't download anything from eShop, it still allows me to download update for games from home menu. Basically it allows anything that doesn't require NNID.

I know it is your project and all, but would you consider re-adding the patch back?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for bringing this matter back... I think yifanlu's patch is still useful to a certain extent (I have a region-converted JP N3DS to US).

While it's true that I can't download anything from eShop, it still allows me to download update for games from home menu. Basically it allows anything that doesn't require NNID.

I know it is your project and all, but would you consider re-adding the patch back?
You can only download patches you already have a ticket for. And in that case, FBI allows you to do the same thing.
To further explain myself, if you had a new game you didn't get the patch for from your region's eShop in the past, it still would fail downloading.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can only download patches you already have a ticket for. And in that case, FBI allows you to do the same thing.
To further explain myself, if you had a new game you didn't get the patch for from your region's eShop in the past, it still would fail downloading.

I see... The way I tested it last time was by uninstalling the update using DevMenu (which I installed previously with DevMenu as well) and redownloaded it using the update prompt.

Am I right to say that due to my previous install using DevMenu, that updated my ticket, thus I can download the patch again?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Goloki your themes that you have installed as CIA? Those are gonna disappear every single time you access the eshop.

Switch to CHMM2 if you don't want to have to keep installing your themes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OctoAori20, probably fine