Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm confused about the naming rule for the payloads button.
It seems that "def_Decrypt9.bin" does not match with the rule below on the Wiki.

(Optional) Rename your default.bin to def_<payloadname>.bin, make sure it's not longer than 13 characters including the ".bin". (e.g. def_d9.bin)
That's incorrect (ShadowHand!11!!!). It can be any size. I meant that I can't put "default_" because FAT has a limit of 12 characters for short file names (which is what gets searched in the payloads' name). But when you name a file, like 20 characters, a 12-characters short file name is also created (if you name a file def_loooooooool.bin the short file name will be something like DEF_LO~1.BIN). The short file name is perfectly fine to boot the payload, but I look in it to find the payload.
This is also why the select payload is currently broken in 5.1 (I pushed a commit to fix it, I'm probably making a quick 5.1.1 to fix this): select_aaaa.bin becomes SELECT~1.BIN, and I look for SELECT_.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
def_D9.bin
down_D9.bin
left_Uncart.bin
right_E9.bin

These are the names I use. Like em? go ahead and use them. That's why they are here. There should be no reason for a really long name anyways. (Yes I have D9 twice. No its not a mistake. Yes its easier to use the D-Pad.)

D9 = Decrypt9
E9 = Emunand9

@qlm2009 @shadowofdarkness Tagged to help with naming.
@Aurora Wright tagged just because I can. ;-)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the section for fixing gba/dsiware and games like super smash bros it said to change the path of ARN .bin but i didn't see any file like that in the package. Only the arm9loaderhax one.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There's somehow to turn on language emulation to all games generally and not having to make a txt file for every game? My system is japanese, and EUR/NA games are being loaded in JP(Pokemon, bravely default, etc). This didn't happened with GW(Besides with pokemon), but it's now with AuReiNand :(

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My case makes doing that a pain

fd70b9afc1203688a25c761fa2c5a5d1.jpg
Nice grip!

Last edited by democracy,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install this? I removed anything associated with rxtools and copied the latest version to my SD card. Now what.... There are no other instructions. This guide says to go to the github wiki and the github wiki says go here...

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I am just switch from rxTools to Aureinand. I have all of the necessary files just stumped on how to get it to load.
You have to load it through the hbl.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aurora Wright

Now that you added a config menu with options, would you consider adding an option to enable the recovery menu for those who still want it?
The recovery menu is a bad idea. If you can access that, you can access the unbricker, which is much safer.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Would it be possible for the splash screen to stay there for the whole duration of the boot and not for only half a second? I feel like having something to look at for 7 seconds would make it pass faster and stuff

Sent from a fucking cm13 phone

Reactions: klear

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok. Screw that. I will stick with rxTools. I hate trying to load HBL when with rxTools I can just launch the dat file. Thanks though.
You can load it the exact same way. Just switch the Aureinand.dat to where rxfail.dat was. Aureinand is literally the easiest CFW to setup.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The recovery menu is a bad idea. If you can access that, you can access the unbricker, which is much safer.
I know why it was blocked. But that also prevented the users from getting rid of the update nag, and I understand why it had to be done in the old versions of Aureinand. But now that we have a config, I can't understand why we cant have it as an option.

I'm not looking to actually run anything in the recovery menu. The whole point is to get to the point where you can click the cancel button

Reactions: Cha0s Em3rald

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I will try this. Hopefully I will see why everyone hates rxTools once I get this working.
You probably won't see a difference, but for an a9lh user, it's a big and very important difference (FIRM patching+others stuff).
I know why it was blocked. But that also prevented the users from getting rid of the update nag, and I understand why it had to be done in the old versions of Aureinand. But now that we have a config, I can't understand why we cant have it as an option.

I'm not looking to actually run anything in the recovery menu. The whole point is to get to the point where you can click the cancel button
Why not just update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower? +1