Country
Switzerland
Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK....I know that is April fool. Never mind! I'm sorry.
I was just wondering.
I'm relieved that it turned out to be an April fool joke tbh, I was getting psyched and hyped again about the fact I was going to have to deal with a "break or great" situation...

Master_Goofy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you tried deleting the patched_firmware.bin files and disabling updatedsysnand mode?

I don't have a updatedsysnand file in my aurei folder.
Only config.bin, firmware.bin (don't know if patched or not), firmware90.bin (I still don't use A9LH) and loader bin.
These files are from firms.7z which is on aureinands github page.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a updatedsysnand file in my aurei folder.
Only config.bin, firmware.bin (don't know if patched or not), firmware90.bin (I still don't use A9LH) and loader bin.
These files are from firms.7z which is on aureinands github page.

Updated SysNAND Mode is toggled with the rest of the options in the config menu now. Hold SELECT when booting AuReiNand.

You can remove loader.bin (it's no longer needed). Patched firms' names start with patched_firmware, they are only there if you have enabled the option to create/use them.

Last edited by Cuphat,

Master_Goofy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Updated SysNAND Mode is toggled with the rest of the options in the config menu now. Hold SELECT when booting AuReiNand.

You can remove loader.bin (it's no longer needed). Patched firms' names start with patched_firmware, they are only there if you have enabled the option to create/use them.

I deleted loader.bin now. I tried several combinations in the AuReiNands config menu. But every time it starts I see only sysnand. When I start up with Version 3.11 or with RXTools it boots into my emunand.
Something must have changed from Version 3.11 to 4.1. Do I have to recreate my Emunand or have I missed a config setting ?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted loader.bin now. I tried several combinations in the AuReiNands config menu. But every time it starts I see only sysnand. When I start up with Version 3.11 or with RXTools it boots into my emunand.
Something must have changed from Version 3.11 to 4.1. Do I have to recreate my Emunand or have I missed a config setting ?
Did you overwrite all the files or did you actually delete everything? I recommend deleting everything relating to do with Aureinand and then re-adding all the correct files back to your sd card to start fresh. That's what I do with a new update at least.

Master_Goofy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you overwrite all the files or did you actually delete everything? I recommend deleting everything relating to do with Aureinand and then re-adding all the correct files back to your sd card to start fresh. That's what I do with a new update at least.

I have overwritten the files from Version 3.11. Now I started from the beginning. This time I deleted all AuReiNand folders and files. I unzipped the AuReiNandv4.1.7z file to the SDCard. Then I put the firmware.bin from FIRMs.7z rei-n3ds folder to SDCARD\aurei folder. When I start AuReiNand in CtrBootManager (I use menuhax) the config menu pops up. I left everything unchecked and press start. So my sysnand comes up.
I also tried checking up "Use second EmuNAND as default" or "Use 9.0 FIRM as default". Nothing changes. Still booting up sysnand. I thing I am doing something wrong, but I don't get it...

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
alright guys, i want to get rid of my emuNAND partition completely despite having the GW card.

i basically want to do this to get a fresher mSD feel? like having 1 partition makes me think it is cleaner, plus maybe the mSD will load stuff off slightly faster.

and also basically because all i use my GW card for was few cheats. (and to be all honest, using even the lowest type of cheats makes me feel shit, like makes me feel like i am destroying the game, and it gets less fun etc. 'only used few cheats in a game i quit titled -stella glow- and also a few in -fire emblem if-)

so since i rather want to get rid of having the option of cheats for my own good, i want to make my GW useless in a way for my own good XD..

and i want to ask you guys before i do this, after i swap my emuNAND into my sysNAND (can i after that delete my emuNAND partition and merge that into the rest of my mSD partition using e.g Easus partition master without having it wipe my whole mSD content yep?) i will try this on my og now since i have already swapped nands,and if it works that way , then i shall get rid of emuNAND off my n3dsXL mSD as well!

and finally, in case GW supports A9LH we would not need the firm90 anymore yes?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
and i want to ask you guys before i do this, after i swap my emuNAND into my sysNAND (can i after that delete my emuNAND partition and merge that into the rest of my mSD partition using e.g Easus partition master without having it wipe my whole mSD content yep?) i will try this on my og now since i have already swapped nands,and if it works that way , then i shall get rid of emuNAND off my n3dsXL mSD as well!

You can't. You will have to copy your whole SD and format it using EaseUS. I'd recommend to set the cluster size/allocation size to 64KB(highest) when doing so. Afterwards copy your content into your SDcard and delete the "SDcard\Nintendo 3DS\ID" (the smallest size, bigger size=your emuNAND as you installed most of the games if not all in there). Don't forget to tick the updatedsysnand option inside AuRei's settings.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can't. You will have to copy your whole SD and format it using EaseUS. I'd recommend to set the cluster size/allocation size to 64KB(highest) when doing so. Afterwards copy your content into your SDcard and delete the "SDcard\Nintendo 3DS\ID" (the smallest size, bigger size=your emuNAND as you installed most of the games if not all in there). Don't forget to tick the updatedsysnand option inside AuRei's settings.

yes i know about the updated sysNAND option thanks ! BUT !

will i really have to backup the content? :(

i know biggest size off the nintendo 3ds folder is most likely the emuNAND one.. what should i not remove from the Nintendo3DS folder though? i am sure the remains of menuhax is still in it, and i wouldnt care about that one, but what about other apps that create the long letter thingies in there with the exdata/dbs folders etc.

what do you recommend i should do right now, if i want the swapped nands (and emuNAND wiped) !
thanks in advance :)

edit: u were right , it isnt working by re-merging the unallocated partition (wiped it first) then merged it, but it gave me the following message.

"there are some error occured while writing sector on disk" this was on my og3ds.

uffhh , so i will have to backup my whole mSD content off my n3ds, well i will first delete some big games then and re-install them later.
so i can make the copy/paste procces abit faster.

i have about 40gigs in my 64gig mSD, so mate should i copy the whole mSD content now ?

like all of the files from the mSD yep?

so the steps i should take should be like this v

1.backing up everything from my mSD.
2.swapping my emuNAND into sysNAND.
3.first (wiping the unallocated 'emuNAND' partition? then formatting with cluster size 64kb?)

or should i just right click on the whole mSD 'Disk' and then just click format with cluster size (64kb) ?

4.final step, paste the backed up content of my mSD back into my freshly formatted mSD and run Aurei with updated sysNAND.

yes?

@fr3quency ooooiii Gintokiiii, doko desuka >o> ,

mate, it will finish copying my content within 40 minutes, please tell me if my steps are correct, i dont want to mess anything up !

and well one more thing to say is after i finish copying my content, and i start with step 2 swapping my NANDS, can i delete those CTR nand thingies? (i remember when i swapped my nands off my og, it created some ctrnand ,can i delete them after the procces, or should i keep them backed up on my pc just in case?)

thanks in advance !

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alright guys, i want to get rid of my emuNAND partition completely despite having the GW card.

i basically want to do this to get a fresher mSD feel? like having 1 partition makes me think it is cleaner, plus maybe the mSD will load stuff off slightly faster.

and also basically because all i use my GW card for was few cheats. (and to be all honest, using even the lowest type of cheats makes me feel shit, like makes me feel like i am destroying the game, and it gets less fun etc. 'only used few cheats in a game i quit titled -stella glow- and also a few in -fire emblem if-)

so since i rather want to get rid of having the option of cheats for my own good, i want to make my GW useless in a way for my own good XD..

Uhmmm YES YOU CAN

You dont even need to format the Emunand partition EASUS will let you drag the Non-Emunand Partiton over i have literaly done this on 3 3DS sd cards (2msd)

2x 32gb anda 64gb

I got the idea fromam 128gb user

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Uhmmm YES YOU CAN

You dont even need to format the Emunand partition EASUS will let you drag the Non-Emunand Partiton over i have literaly done this on 3 3DS sd cards (2msd)

2x 32gb anda 64gb

I got the idea fromam 128gb user

and how is it done bro?? i have tried merging it but it gave me an error (note that i wiped the emuNAND partition and now i cannot merge it, how do i do it then? i would love to not have to re-copy everything back XD)

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and how is it done bro?? i have tried merging it but it gave me an error (note that i wiped the emuNAND partition and now i cannot merge it, how do i do it then? i would love to not have to re-copy everything back XD)
i did it without wiping it was just literallly extending the Non-emuanand partition over it

try making the emunand partition active then merging it

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i did it without wiping it was just literallly extending the Non-emuanand partition over it

try making the emunand partition active then merging it

alright ,how do i activate it ? i only have some old emuNAND partition backed up, its on 10.5 or something, and also i have this merge issue with my og3ds , its only a 4gig mSD, and also i have swapped NANDs with it already.

so how would i go on to push emuNAND back in now,without messing up the swapped nand?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dunno about pushing the emunand back in

I do know all you do to activate it is just right clicke the Emunand partition and create a Simple/Primary volume

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i dunno about pushing the emunand back in

I do know all you do to activate it is just right clicke the Emunand partition and create a Simple/Primary volume

aaaah haha okay , and after i create simple/primary volume i just merge it back . i will try it now thanks :)

@squee666 alright mate, i have created primary partition for the emunand partition and i right clicked it and set it to active, but it wont let me extend(merge) it ?
like when i right lick on the rest of the mSD size, i cannot extend it.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This means your emuNAND is corrupted or something... As the only case in which it fallbacks to sysNAND is if it doesn't find the emuNAND (the way to do that hasn't changed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/eKouuoN