Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basicly it would be best to have button combos for payloads using one hand.
Example: L-Trigger + UP/LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN // R-Trigger + A/B/X/Y

But we already have a lot functions and it would collide.

If L+R stops > waits for input (if you like including a nice top/bottom screen), it would be easy to press another button (we want to start another payload anyway).

L+R + UP/LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN is actually pretty good but is it better than just pressing UP/LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN (arm9select ... cough...)

Maybe I missed the boat, or got on the one that is sinking because I think the goal is ease of use. Arm9select achieves this with the least amount of effort from the user and sacrifices nothing when compared to the current chain load function built into AuReiNand.

Last edited by stl25,

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found the most annoying solution from the point of view of the developper but the best one from the point of view of the user :P
Then, when booting, AuReiNand reads a keyconfig.bin file that describes several pad states and if one of them is the current pad state, then a payload is loaded accordingly. Otherwise, AuReiNand is booted.
What AuReiNand? sysNAND? emuNAND firmware90? emuNAND B?

I'm going to review every possible combination to made my best educated choice possible.

And no, we shouldn't take arm9select nor CtrBoot combinations into account. ARN has its a9lh chainloader for a reason.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
My setup is like this:
Have Ctrbootmanger9 a9lh.bin on the root (hold R to show menu)
Hold A for d9wip
have it autoboot Aureinand
Hold L for sysNand
Use Gateway Cia shortcut to open GW from sysNand

Reactions: peteruk

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everybody gripping about not having a good enough memory to boot their stuff?

I have something called default.bin on my card but I forgot what it is.... How do I launch it again????

Don't grab so many files if you aren't gonna remember what they are. If you have to then make a text file to remind you what each thing is. It's that simple...

And why should @Aurora Wright change the boot select thing if it already works?

Name it X.bin to load with X. How simple is that? I'm honestly baffled by how ungrateful I'm starting to feel people are about this amazing thing.

Be happy to have something that works. We could have something that you have to hold down all the buttons on the system and shake it as hard as we can to make the gyroscope power up to turn on and you would just have to accept it.

Sorry for ranting but it's just irritating to see people being giving this work and to feel like they think they are entitled to more.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country

Name it X.bin to load with X. How simple is that? I'm honestly baffled by how ungrateful I'm starting to feel people are about this amazing thing.

Be happy to have something that works. We could have something that you have to hold down all the buttons on the system and shake it as hard as we can to make the gyroscope power up to turn on and you would just have to accept it.

Sorry for ranting but it's just irritating to see people being giving this work and to feel like they think they are entitled to more.

Becaused she asked herself for an easier combination than L+R+(X/Y/A/B)+Power, try that yourself! We are just discussing what we think should be more comfortable and easier.

And we don't have to just accept it, that's why forks exists if another dev has a different criteria.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everybody gripping about not having a good enough memory to boot their stuff?

I have something called default.bin on my card but I forgot what it is.... How do I launch it again????

Don't grab so many files if you aren't gonna remember what they are. If you have to then make a text file to remind you what each thing is. It's that simple...

You sir are confused... (why does Temp not have a facepalm emoticon?)

Naming it X.bin does not load the payload with X, it loads it with L+R+X, which is a nuisance to do.
We want it to boot with the name it corresponds to. So naming it X.bin would load with X.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becaused she asked herself for an easier combination than L+R+(X/Y/A/B)+Power, try that yourself! We are just discussing what we think should be more comfortable and easier.
I have. And either it's not as hard to do as people seem to make it or I'm just really good with button press sequencing due to certain xbox games.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The chain load function works great, the collection of posts here is ideas on how to improve it. I don't think anyone is bashing the current setup for AuReiNand chain loading. Griping and whining (I'll take the lead on this) to make it more NOOB friendly is the aim of these posts. I can't count the number of times I have apologized to @Aurora Wright for my whining and complaining. A request that she is not required to implement.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
I have. And either it's not as hard to do as people seem to make it or I'm just really good with button press sequencing due to certain xbox games.
Left index for L.
Right middle finger for R.
Right index for X/Y/A/B.
Right thumb for Power.

It just feels so uncomfortable... :sleep:

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Left index for L.
Right middle finger for R.
Right index for X/Y/A/B.
Right thumb for Power.

It just feels so uncomfortable... :sleep:
Place left index on L
Place right index on R
Place right thumb on power
Press power and then pop thumb to x and press all buttons at once.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Supster131,

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All I do is is make a text file name Payload Keys and write all of my button combos in there. I mean, I can easily remember them all, but it's always nice to have a "key" to look at.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the code, now it's L+(Payload button). It's easier than before, that's for sure. I'm going to wait for other people to try it.

Thanks for your concern in the matter, Aurora Wright.

Last edited by EmuAGR,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4