Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S/he already told you no. You whine every single day and every where about how Rosalina is awful and you want it to be gone.
You got Rosalina optional thanks to the legacy branch, AND NOW you ask for the second time for a Rosalina' feature to be added into this branch ... after one of the Dev already told you no.

Act like an adult, please, and know what you want.

---

BlastedGuy's behavior aside, I agree that the v8 included too much changes at one time and caused a lot of problems in various domains. That's the reason I'm still on 7.1 and I always read opinions and returns before updating during the hype train.
I will update later, when more bugs are resolved and when I will feel the need. I know the Devs work hard and push a lot of commits, and I am grateful to them.
WHAT?! Where have I EVER said that Rosalina is "awful" beside here? I was complaining, not whining. Besides, they only said "Nope, input redirection is only possible thanks to Rosalina". They didn't say "No, I won't add it", they simply stated that it's only possible thanks to Rosalina. I know what I want. The ntr-cfw inputredirection is BAD, and I can barely use it with all that lag. "You whine every single day and every where about how Rosalina is awful" I haven't posted about Rosalina like 3 days ago. You don't really check the Temp much, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I have Luma 8.0 with boot9strap 1.2, and whenever I try to use the freeshop to download a game, it crashes and i get the following error shown in the attached picture. Could this be a bug with Luma 8.0?

This is a question up in the air to anyone, but someone on another thread told me to tag @Aurora Wright
I have this exact same problem on 8.0-Rosalina.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not necessary to downgrade B9S. For now I'm maintaining the "legacy" branch on github which is basically 8.0 minus Rosalina (so all the improvements/new features brought by Rosalina are gone).
Here's a build of the latest commit https://workupload.com/file/d9JaET5
Why make a new build when you could use my old suggestion?
As cool as Rosalina is, is there a chance that you can add an option to turn it off? It was fun to test with, but it would be nice to be able to turn it off.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it won't be fixed and neither will support for target titles because they are obsolete. 3dsx homebrew now has access to all the same permissions as cias do, so either find alternatives to said homebrew, convince the authors to port it to cia/rosalina, or port it yourself.

Several people have asked for that on github and the answer has always been WONTFIX.

Now that's bad news :/
Thanks for letting me know though. Appreciate the answer.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
can I request a removal of the 300 title limit for the home menu if possible eventually? at least on the New 3DS. thanks in advance.
I personally have never experienced any issues with this CFW (well besides the slowdowns in CTGP-7) and I'm very thankful for all your work ☺️

XXII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

For me, this is whining : https://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/page-989#post-7381798
Maybe it's the usage of full caps lock, the tone, I don't know. Judging from your post history, you can do it calmly, it is more pleasant to read.

I agree on the content but not on the form. v8 does have a lot of bugs, but you were pointed to a legacy build without Rosalina and the associated bug, so your legitimate complains were answered.
But then you ask for a port of a feature from the menu you wanted gone. It's a bit amusing and it looks like the legacy build you asked for is not enough and now you want something back. I mean no offense, that's just the way you write it, hence my previous message.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what purpose is there to disabling Rosalina anyway? bugs are being ironed out over time, and if that is annoying you can use the legacy branch until then (or later commits).

BobSaget1945

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have Luma 8.0 with boot9strap 1.2, and whenever I try to use the freeshop to download a game, it crashes and i get the following error shown in the attached picture. Could this be a bug with Luma 8.0?

This is a question up in the air to anyone, but someone on another thread told me to tag @Aurora Wright
I was also told to tag @TuxSH

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, this is whining : https://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/page-989#post-7381798
Maybe it's the usage of full caps lock, the tone, I don't know. Judging from your post history, you can do it calmly, it is more pleasant to read.

I agree on the content but not on the form. v8 does have a lot of bugs, but you were pointed to a legacy build without Rosalina and the associated bug, so your legitimate complains were answered.
But then you ask for a port of a feature from the menu you wanted gone. It's a bit amusing and it looks like the legacy build you asked for is not enough and now you want something back. I mean no offense, that's just the way you write it, hence my previous message.
I wrote that after I had to replay 20 minutes of my game and after that it crashed again. Do I have to apologize?
Edit: Haha. You made me look like I said something that I didn't. I didn't want the menu gone, I wanted the errors which made me forcibly restart gone. Too bad you don't read my replies.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what purpose is there to disabling Rosalina anyway? bugs are being ironed out over time, and if that is annoying you can use the legacy branch until then (or later commits).
If one has no reason to use it, one has no reason to keep it on. Coupled with the fact that there's no reason to maintain two builds, when one with the option to disable it is far less time consuming.
There's no reason to make the user keep an option on if they aren't going to use it. It only take control away from the user.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If one has no reason to use it, one has no reason to keep it on. Coupled with the fact that there's no reason to maintain two builds, when one with the option to disable it is far less time consuming.
at the same time, if leaving it on doesn't harm anything, there's no reason to work on an option to disable it. bugs are being fixed overtime, and the legacy branch exists until major issues are sorted out.
There's no reason to make the user keep an option on if they aren't going to use it. It only take control away from the user.
this might sound crazy but sometimes it's the better idea to not provide so many controls and toggles to users, resulting in many different setups to provide support for.

Reactions: hausa51

XXII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wrote that after I had to replay 20 minutes of my game and after that it crashed again. Do I have to apologize?

Did I asked you to apologize ? I don't think.
As already said in my last post, no offense. I was just pointing out the way you decided to write and post your messages in a public forum concerning a free CFW.

Feel free to ignore me and continue acting like you do.

By the way, I'm not going to taunt you. Even if you seem to like doing it to me.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
at the same time, if leaving it on doesn't harm anything, there's no reason to work on an option to disable it. bugs are being fixed overtime, and the legacy branch exists until major issues are sorted out.

this might sound crazy but sometimes it's the better idea to not provide so many controls and toggles to users, resulting in many different setups to provide support for.
Actually it looks like it is causing issues for users. Allowing the user to disable a feature they don't want is a plenty good reason to allow it. Just because it's being fixed now, doesn't mean the user should have to keep using it. Even after the bugs are ironed out, the user shouldn't be forced to keep something they aren't using.
It's not like I am giving the suggestion to remove protection or something. I giving the suggestion to make a plugin an optional feature. Users should have the choice to determine what's running on their 3DS.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it looks like it is causing issues for users. Allowing the user to disable a feature they don't want is a plenty good reason to allow it. Just because it's being fixed now, doesn't mean the user should have to keep using it. Even after the bugs are ironed out, the user shouldn't be forced to keep something they aren't using.
It's not like I am giving the suggestion to remove protection or something. I giving the suggestion to make a plugin an optional feature. Users should have the choice to determine what's running on their 3DS.

I'm not a fan of Rosalina and I agree that there should be an option to disable it altogether, but this argument is a pretty bad one.
Just because there aren't any good alternatives to Luma right now doesn't mean that Luma should try to completely cover every user's individual needs.

What I'm trying to say is that it'd be completely valid to just tell you to not use Luma at all if you don't want to have Rosalina running on your 3ds.

Regardless of my personal opinion of Rosalina the way it is implemented currently, I greatly appreciate the effort the devs put into this on a daily basis to provide us with a free CFW as great as Luma.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not a fan of Rosalina and I agree that there should be an option to disable it altogether, but this argument is a pretty bad one.
Just because there aren't any good alternatives to Luma right now doesn't mean that Luma should try to completely cover every user's individual needs.

What I'm trying to say is that it'd be completely valid to just tell you to not use Luma at all if you don't want to have Rosalina running on your 3ds.

Regardless of my personal opinion of Rosalina the way it is implemented currently, I greatly appreciate the effort the devs put into this on a daily basis to provide us with a free CFW as great as Luma.
There's still ReiNAND, which is actually what I am running (coupled with a private CFW.)
But I always argue against forced options when, especially an option that they aren't even attempting to give the user a choice on the the matter. Sure they made a legacy version, but that only add another version of the same CFW to maintain. It would be one thing if they were looking into making it optional (or at least publicly saying they are,) it's another when the answer is just a flat no.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still ReiNAND, which is actually what I am running (coupled with a private CFW.)
But I always argue against forced options when, especially an option that they aren't even attempting to give the user a choice on the the matter. Sure they made a legacy version, but that only add another version of the same CFW to maintain. It would be one thing if they were looking into making it optional (or at least publicly saying they are,) it's another when the answer is just a flat no.
Why are you complaining about a CFW you don't even use? This is the NOOB proof CFW, granted past few updates have been anything but. The point is to take control away instead of give massive control like Corbenik. It's open source, anyone is free to fork it and gut Rosalina or whatever they please.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most of the time I forget Rosalina is even baked in, because other than seeing it the first time, I never really used it since. The interesting thing is how improvement is highly possible and it's just a waiting game, and as far as the option to disable it, with my usage habits of the 3DS, it basically is disabled to me, I just never use it, and not using it hasn't had any negative effect. Your suggestion doesn't suck, but now reading the ability to use the legacy branch's boot.firm (that doesn't have Rosalina) to chainload the version that has it, does sound a bit like an enable/disable option. Boot with it enabled (by default), or boot with it disabled, necessitating the use of the chainloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc