Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer-2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the guide with torrent links to update A9LH: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh

Update luma through the updated app if you have installed, if not get it from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3.1
I saw and read the guide. I just want to know why do I have to download stuff via torrent download? What happened to simply standard? Torrent files sound like something that game pirates use.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw and read the guide. I just want to know why do I have to download stuff via torrent download? What happened to simply standard? Torrent files sound like something that game pirates use.

Legal reasons, the guide can't link directly to the files but can link to a torrent file.

Reactions: gamer-2

gamer-2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok a few more questions. The aeskeysdb file,is it just all the slot keys combined in one file? If so I have all those,(how would I if you can tell me) do I combine them myself? Can I just update Luma or do I need the data input v3? My install is from way back. A9lh v1 data input v1. And I do have the Luma updater.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok a few more questions. The aeskeysdb file,is it just all the slot keys combined in one file? If so I have all those,(how would I if you can tell me) do I combine them myself? Can I just update Luma or do I need the data input v3? My install is from way back. A9lh v1 data input v1. And I do have the Luma updater.

you can use decrypt9's feature "Build Key Database", I can't remember which section is was, but it is on there.

you can just update luma, you don't need to update your a9lh version yet.

Reactions: gamer-2

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright @astronautlevel or whoever is in charge, i like to report something. For while now i haven't been able to play any NDS games or GBA games, but i didn't know why, then i finally did somthing. I usually had my boot set to screen initialize by naming the file "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" but i renamed it back to default, it works now. So i believe the renaming had something to do with the issue of it not working. Listing current system setup for your curiosity.

• New 3ds
  • sys 11.1.0-34
  • Luma 3ds 6.3.1
  • Luma settings only auto boot sysnand and display nand info in settings are enabled.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright @astronautlevel or whoever is in charge, i like to report something. For while now i haven't been able to play any NDS games or GBA games, but i didn't know why, then i finally did somthing. I usually had my boot set to screen initialize by naming the file "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" but i renamed it back to default, it works now. So i believe the renaming had something to do with the issue of it not working. Listing current system setup for your curiosity.

• New 3ds
  • sys 11.1.0-34
  • Luma 3ds 6.3.1
  • Luma settings only auto boot sysnand and display nand info in settings are enabled.
  • The path changer is now deprecated (although it will still work). To have a custom path you can now enable the option for it in the configuration and type it in a /luma/path.txt file, it must start with a /. This path is also picked up by the above mentioned .dat chainloader.

In other words, create a /luma/path.txt file and put /arm9loaderhax_si.bin in it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@astronautlevel your bot/script isnt compiling latest commit again :(
Yeah, I should be able to fix it tonight, my server is down.

FuzzyLogic617

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
I'm a total noob to cfw
I have an O3ds on 11.1.034U (never have installed cfw on it before or any other mods)
My entry point to homebrew is ninjhax (cubic ninja)
I followed the steps on @Aurora Wright github (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade)
Copied arm9loaderhax.bin to root, copied 3ds folder from hoax to root and when I launch luma from homebrew menu all I get is a black screen
What am I doing wrong?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I'm a total noob to cfw
I have an O3ds on 11.1.034U (never have installed cfw on it before or any other mods)
My entry point to homebrew is ninjhax (cubic ninja)
I followed the steps on @Aurora Wright github (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade)
Copied arm9loaderhax.bin to root, copied 3ds folder from hoax to root and when I launch luma from homebrew menu all I get is a black screen
What am I doing wrong?
You can't get CFW on 11.0+ without a hardmod or DSiware downgrade. You're doing everything wrong. Google search how to set up Ninjhax to get into the Homebrew Launcher.

FuzzyLogic617

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok
Thanks for the replys
I guess I won't be able to run cfw for the time being since I don't have acces to another hacked console and I'm not able to do the hardmod my console to downgrade
☹️

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™
Can someone remind me what "NS" is and why it would be patched? Also why would my home menu have been patched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto