Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mad props to @Aurora Wright, Latest AuReiNand set to autoboot sysNAND for GBA/DSi/SNES VC cia (I love the AGB/TWL _FRIM patching), Holding R I boot into @Reisyukaku ReiNand 3.8 emuNAND for 3DS cia. When Gateway releases finally I have L set up to load Gateway (for cheat purposes). Payload loading through @FIX94 arm9select running under @FIX94 A9LH. These 3 great devs have all contributed to my ideal setup. @Aurora Wright (GBA/DSi patching), @Reisyukaku (simple emuNAND focused CFW) and @FIX94 (1 button loading of payloads via arm9select). You are all awesome and your efforts in your projects is much appreciated.

Reactions: Deleted User

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there some magical trick im missing with the new payload names? I've named my decript9 to def_D9.bin and it does not load when I hold down start? does it require a new download of it?

EDIT: so it looks like certain payloads load fine and other ones just hang on a black screen with the backlight on. not sure why that is the case unless the people who wrote them need to update their code somehow, uncart is not working and I named it up_uncart.bin

Last edited by oFire,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there some magical trick im missing with the new payload names? I've named my decript9 to def_D9.bin and it does not load when I hold down start? does it require a new download of it?

EDIT: so it looks like certain payloads load fine and other ones just hang on a black screen with the backlight on. not sure why that is the case unless the people who wrote them need to update their code somehow, uncart is not working and I named it up_uncart.bin
Download uncart.bin from pilatecs arm9loaderhax guide. Part4 that one works

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup
Tried using that one named up_uncart.bin and it still hangs on a black screen. Guess I will just be down one of my utilities.
you have to have a "default payload" first and foremost and when booting up_uncart.bin you still need to hold L, so it's L+UP. If you already did both of those then that weird I don't know

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Tried using that one named up_uncart.bin and it still hangs on a black screen. Guess I will just be down one of my utilities.
Take a picture of your payloads folder
Yup

you have to have a "default payload" first and foremost and when booting up_uncart.bin you still need to hold L, so it's L+UP. If you already did both of those then that weird I don't know
Are you sure about that L+Up? I thought it was only for Select

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one in the mega link works and is uncart rom dump tool 0.2 but it has a white background. The one I use has a black background with white lettering. Works fine with arm9select.

Good uncart should be 99 kb.

Last edited by stl25,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, computer programming. You've gotta love it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The one in the mega link works and is uncart rom dump tool 0.2 but it has a white background. The one I use has a black background with white lettering. Works fine with arm9select.

Good uncart should be 99 kb.
Yeah, there's a couple versions of Uncart floating around.

Reactions: XRaTiX

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i havent updated yet, but try default_D9.bin

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I literally updated my payload an hour ago lol

So now that this cfw literally has basically everything I could have ever asked for, would it be possible to implement an "updater" at some point that downloads new stable releases and updates the arm9loaderhax.bin? I know it's not important or even apparently wanted (I've never seen anyone ask) but now with the removal of firmware.bin files there's basically only 1 file to update it may be easier?

To a programming noob end user it seems easy enough, I don't know if there's some obvious roadblock to doing that tho so don't kill me:rofl:

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I have a def_d9.bin in my payloads, and like I said, all my other payloads work fine, but my uncart is not 99kb, and I downloaded it from that mega link.
payloads pic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/HzRGkeVySqE?si=RpzYP5tJsOViNLRj