Lufia: The Ruins of Lore Boxart and release date

lum

Hunter lvl
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm, i luv rpgs, is it the traditional type(like gs) i don't really like the zelda type rpgs, even though they're still pretty fun.
no i haven't played any lufias b4, would it be strange to start on this one?

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know if it would be strange, as we don't know the storyline yet, but if you were to start the Lufia series now, I would recomend you start on Lufia 2 then do Lufia 1. Lufia 2 is the prequel to Lufia 1, and at the begining of Lufia 1, it gives away the ending (sorta) to Lufia 2.

Lufia is a turn-based style RPG. Lufia 1 is more or less your typical RPG. Lufia 2 has 3 differences that make it unique (IMO): 1)instead of learning spells as you gain experience, you buy them. So as long as you have the money, you can buy all sorts of spells, or leave them out if you don't want them. 2)You can collect capsule monsters that can help you out in battle. They gain experience just like the members of your party, but you have no control over them. I like them because they provide a nice shield at times. When your monster is destroyed in battle, it shows back up in the next battle, and always comes back with full health. You can also feed them certain items to where they "evolve", or just take on another form with better stats. 3)Every time you take damage, a bar for IP (I can't remember what it stands for) his filled, and it doesn't go down if you heal. Based on what your member has equiped, he/she can cast certain spells w/o using MP. Your IP goes back to 0 when you die and revive.

Hope that helps.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, i luv rpgs, is it the traditional type(like gs) i don't really like the zelda type rpgs, even though they're still pretty fun.
no i haven't played any lufias b4, would it be strange to start on this one?
Not particularly, this game's story doesn't relate to the others so it's would be alright to start with it. The others Lufia games were all traditional type as you call it.
The first game, Lufia: Fortress of Doom, has 4 characters to join on your party and the battle system is almost turn-based except that the characters and enemies act with their speed meaning that a really fast character can strike twice in a row.
The second game, Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals, which is a prequel to the first one, is almost the same but better. Not only is the battle system fully turn-based where each characters act once per turn but, in addition to the 7 characters who join you (only 4 at a time), you can also get capsule monsters to fight alongside you one at a time.
Finally, the GBC game, Lufia: The Legend Returns, is the sequel to both previous games. Being on GBC, it's expected that this game wasn't as good as the others but I still liked it. The battle system was completely different to the others as you could fight with up to 9 characters at the same time in a 3X3 grid. Sounds weird but, somehow, it's worked.
All these games have a few common things: they all have an ancient cave and the dragon eggs quest. The ancient cave is a huge dungeon filled with monsters and treasures, the first game's cave was by far the easiest because it's didn't have 100 random floors to get throught unlike the others. The dragon eggs quest is where you gather 8 eggs from around the world and take them to a dragon who then grant you a wish. The wishes vary between rare items depending of the game.

The new game, Lufia: The Ruins of Lore, is praticelly a remake of Lufia 2 in the respect that you get 4 characters at a time as well as allied monsters to fight in turn-based battles. The story is completely different thought. It's even have a job system kinda like Final Fantasy 5.

Hope that cleared up a few things...

Koekie

djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It IS because of the bug that it's been delayed. nintendo just doesn't update there release dates
smile.gif

B

bergkamp1

ATLUS USA website said that Lufia: The Ruins of Lore will be out on April 23.

Title: Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
Genre: RPG
Platform: Game Boy Advance
Release Date: April 23 2003
Developer: Taito
ESRB Rating: Everyone

Anyway here's the storyline:
The militaristic nation of Gratze has suddenly launched attacks on its unsuspecting neighboring kingdoms. Under the command of Ragule, a self-serving foreigner who mysteriously worked his way into the King's graces, Gratze's forces are attempting to locate and reunite the body and spirit of a legendary beast that was sealed away long ago. Ragule secretly wants the beast's power for his own, so that he may rule over all humanity. He'll stop at nothing to reach this end, whether it be pillaging helpless villages or dismantling ancient ruins one stone at a time.

Meanwhile, Rubius, a priestess of Nazarre, journeys afar to gather the ancient stones said to be the key to the beast's whereabouts. During her travels, she encounters Eldin and his friends, Torma and Rami. These aspiring treasure hunters are quickly drawn into the historic sequence of events. Rubius reveals to them the purpose of Gratze's invasion, and the companions set out to thwart Ragule's plans and save the world from destruction. Their quest will take them across foreign lands, into the depths of ancient underground caves, and even backward through time itself!

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

lum

Hunter lvl
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, i was confused bout that too, since i'm a square fan and never heard of lufia b4.
so it's gettin delayed rite? or else it'd be out tomoz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.