Gaming LOZ:BOTW Playtime not updating?

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, As the title implies, the playtime on BOTW on my switch profile is no longer updating, it says "100 hours or more" I reached the 100-hour mark about 6 months ago and I estimate that I've played about 25-40 hours since then but it still says 100 hours? what gives? there have been at least 2 days where I've played over 6 hours in one day so it should be about 125-140 hours or more but it isn't.

Thanks!

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also, breath of the wild is the only game on my system with this issue, I called Nintendo about this issue and all they did is apologize and say they reported the bug.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I miss the 3DS/Wii U way, where these things not only worked, buy you could actually see a detailed report, not "blah or more" but an exact value up to minutes, and you could check it in detail along the months, years, days.

Really, why did they make that feature go...

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same for me on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I have spent around 80 hours, my log says 50 hours or more.

Maybe because I played it without being connected to the internet and shutting down my switch after every play session(You have to hold the power button far too long).

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's the same for me on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I have spent around 80 hours, my log says 50 hours or more.

Maybe because I played it without being connected to the internet and shutting down my switch after every play session(You have to hold the power button far too long).
I have a similar problem with Xenoblade 2, but in that case the ingame time count is what goes wrong.

I know I've played around 100 hours, and that is what my log say, but ingame it says I'm over 200 hours already (also in the Save File menu).

I suspect it is counting sometimes even when the game is suspended.

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
update: I used the option "initialize system without losing system information" (or whatever it's called) and left BOTW on the title screen connected to the internet all night... nothing, still "100 hours or more"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, As the title implies, the playtime on BOTW on my switch profile is no longer updating, it says "100 hours or more" I reached the 100-hour mark about 6 months ago and I estimate that I've played about 25-40 hours since then but it still says 100 hours? what gives? there have been at least 2 days where I've played over 6 hours in one day so it should be about 125-140 hours or more but it isn't.

Thanks!
The play time counter isn't exactly accurate as you've noticed.
The play time in the Parental Controls mobile app is more accurate as it shows play time to 5 min accuracy, but it only shows daily play time, or a monthly total, I can't find a way to view the overall total.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
because in 20 years I want to look back and see how much I played it
If you think that modern day consoles will last you 20 years, you are damn wrong.
Snes and Nes maybe, but that shit was made in japan bro.
Modern stuff is made in chinese sweatshops for 1$ a piece.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you think that modern day consoles will last you 20 years, you are damn wrong.
Even NES and SNES probably won't turn on after 20 years without changing capacitors.

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even NES and SNES probably won't turn on after 20 years without changing capacitors.
Nes's are over 30 years old and they work just fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't see anything wrong with the switch. Example: most Wiis still work and they came out 11 years ago, and they are cheaper feeling than the switch.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine bought basically day one works like a charm :)
Both nes and snes

@Jacobf0303
Switch has more components than wii. A lot more in a lot more cramped place with non removable battery and lcd screen

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine bought basically day one works like a charm :)
Both nes and snes

@Jacobf0303
Switch has more components than wii. A lot more in a lot more cramped place with non removable battery and lcd screen
actually, both the screen and the battery are replaceable, you just need to warm them up with a heat gun since they both have adhesive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1