Gaming lostless 3DS data trasfer to 3DS XL

UmbertoStarKille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hi guys, I have a problem.
I have a 3DS with all my stuff like the plaza, photos, etc.
today I bought a second-hand 3DS XL, this console has Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 in DD.
can I trasfer my data from my 3DS to the 3DS XL without loosing the two games?

the 3DS XL version is the one that on the box says "Mario Kart 7 pre-installed", so if I format, is the game still in the console?

the situation is not very clear to me x) please help me to figure it out xD

thx :)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can transfer you shit to your 3DS XL without losing the games. Formatting won't hurt either. JUST DON'T DELETE THE NINTENDO ESHOP ACCOUNT!!!

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend transferred the content just fine from her black 3DS to her newly bought Animal Crossing 3DS XL. The only thing affected was that she lost the save data she created in Animal Crossing before the system transfer.

System transfer should integrate all purchases and pre-loaded content to the destination 3DS and tie the SD card in the 3DS system being transferred to the destination 3DS.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unlike Sony PSN, Nintendo does not use a centralized account system. Games are tied to the system itself. Club Nintendo account is only for collecting coins and rewards.

You must transfer games to another 3DS systems. You only lose save files while keeping anything else.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it more clear, the two lists of things that are "purchased" in the eshop are combined. The original data from your first 3DS will remain intact, your friend code, all of your saves, everything. The stuff that is on the new 3ds will be found in your "downloads" list in the eshop, but if there were saves before, those would be wiped. It overwrites the new system with the old one, except for the information that "hey, you can download these games on top of everything you had before".

Basically it's like your exact same old 3DS in a new shell, except you can download two new games from the eshop.

UmbertoStarKille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
oh guys I'm scaried like hell xD
so, I use the data transfer to move my data from my 3DS to the 3DS XL
everything is wiped on the XL
i go in the eshop and download mario kart 7 and supermario 3D land

did I understand? even if the XL is not linked to my Nintendo account?

I know that I'm boring but I don't want to loose two games xD

please be patient and thanks to everyone for the answers, you're awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.