TheGreaKhali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I lost my SX Pro, no idea how.

I was wondering do I need to buy a new one, or do I still owned the OS and can just get the SX Gear instead for cheap. If I still have my old license how do I find it?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can just use the gear, the license is tied to your console, and the file needed should be on your micro sd

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want the SX dongle (I agree it's nice) and will need another SX OS license soon, get the Pro. Else the Gear is the same, just without a license included.

You can use an Android phone or a computer to send the payload in the meantime. Personally, I'd get something like the NS-Atmosphere dongle for cheap (last I checked, hair over $10 shipped, but will take a while to reach you).

Xiaole

Trophies
XP
Country
China
when you first active your sxos for your console, you already sent your console id to sx team active server.
why not to try send your console id to sx team email box, if there's a datebase recorded all actived console id, you will be the lucky guy.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contact nintendo and get an official usb-c cable and use TegraRcmGUI to load payloads from your PC and to kick the console in and out of RCM mode.

TheGreaKhali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dammit I do have a phone with USB Cable and USB cable to USB c cable. Oh well I needed a jig and don't trust myself to make a decent one. I went and ordered a SX Gear for £20 yesterday which is still considerably cheaper than the Pro.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is having to dig out a cable and open a app on the phone more convenient than a dongle?
It's actually about the same, but less expensive if you already own an Android You either carry a dongle or a short USB cable. Rekado auto pops up to choose a payload once I insert the cable. No jig needed as AutoRCM is enabled. To each their own, just throwing out an option. And there are such things as USB A to USB adapters, which actually came with my USC C cables.

Reactions: lufeig

TheGreaKhali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay the site that I ordered the Gear from has been shut down for some reason I automatically got a refund.

I'm going to try the other way by loading the payload from my phone. I already have a USB C to USB C cable. Just ordered a jig from eBay for £2.50 as I'm terrible at making one myself and I'm going to try it when it arrives. I've downloaded the RCM loader app from the play store. Do I need another file as I want to just load my SX OS that I have already got.

D

Deleted_444986

Okay the site that I ordered the Gear from has been shut down for some reason I automatically got a refund.

I'm going to try the other way by loading the payload from my phone. I already have a USB C to USB C cable. Just ordered a jig from eBay for £2.50 as I'm terrible at making one myself and I'm going to try it when it arrives. I've downloaded the RCM loader app from the play store. Do I need another file as I want to just load my SX OS that I have already got.
rcm loader on play store ? link ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You lost the jig too? That sucks.

Just use the SX Tools apk, link: https://sx.xecuter.com/#sxtools . It's made to do exactly what you want.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how is having to dig out a cable and open a app on the phone more convenient than a dongle?
From what I hear you don't actually need to open the app, just plug in the Switch and the phone will recognize it and launch the app. It's slightly less convenient, but if your phone also uses USB-C then that makes things easier since you'll probably have a cable with you most of the time anyway. And you don't have to worry about charging the dongle or remembering to bring it with you. Your phone is always there and (most likely) always has at least some juice on it.

For me, I have a pouch that a dongle would easily fit in so I'd prefer to always keep a dongle in the pouch easily reachable. But in the meantime while OP is waiting for a new dongle, the phone route is not a bad option.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you really, must get a dongle, I would recommend a community dongle. You will have better support and probably features!

TheGreaKhali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay I couldn't get it to work from my phone I think the USB C to C cable doesn't transfer data and only charges. Anyways I successfully loaded SX OS using Tegrarmcsmash on my laptop. The only issue I have now is it goes straight to SX OS, I don't get the first screen where I can select options like Auto RCM before I load up the custom firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya