VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,
It is I Vidkid007 again asking you guys not for help per say but some tips and now as i think about it some help in a small way as well. Let me start of with me wanting to spice up the look of the "Desktop" of my switch. The place where you see the icons of the games that you have. I have been watching some you tube videos about things that you can do with a hacked switch and I have seen some people with some cool looking display saetups and I am wondering how i can acquire some of that "Bling" for the switch. Anothing thing that i am wanting to get into is this Retropie that i saw on a youtube video. i am wondering if anyone has heard of this . I haven't googled it yet but it looks cool I believe it is like RetoArch. You can play everything. GC NES SNES PSP and more. Well that is what I want to do is spice up my Switch . If anyone has any suggestions please reply here or send me a PM. Thanks you to everyone in the past that has helped me in the past. Have a great day.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's spice that up a notch, Baam! It's done!
1134088715.jpg.jpg

Last edited by BigOnYa,

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I have problems with Retroarch and it looks bland as hell. The video that I saw has a nice cool looing display

RetroPie uses RetroArch, but has EmulationStation as a frontend. Which, if I remember rightly, is a lot of work to setup.

Honestly it's probably not worth the extra effort, and I'd imagine there'd be a performance loss to some degree doing it your way, but that's just a guess on my part.

Reactions: VidKid007

VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is really ALOT of work to set up and as I am working on this i did realize that I would be installing Retroarch. But we will see. Thanks for your comment. I will let you know how it goes. I am not sute if i can post a link to the you tube video that I saw but if someone tells me that I can I would love to show you what I am working on

Last edited by VidKid007,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is really ALOT of work to set up and as I am working on this i did realize that I would be installing Retroarch. But we will see. Thanks for your comment. I will let you know how it goes. I am not sute if i can post a link to the you tube video that I saw but if someone tells me that I can I would love to show you what I am working on
Try to avoid following YouTube video guides as they are outdated the moment they are released and are not made by any trusted developers.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Hello Everyone,
It is I Vidkid007 again asking you guys not for help per say but some tips and now as i think about it some help in a small way as well. Let me start of with me wanting to spice up the look of the "Desktop" of my switch. The place where you see the icons of the games that you have. I have been watching some you tube videos about things that you can do with a hacked switch and I have seen some people with some cool looking display saetups and I am wondering how i can acquire some of that "Bling" for the switch. Anothing thing that i am wanting to get into is this Retropie that i saw on a youtube video. i am wondering if anyone has heard of this . I haven't googled it yet but it looks cool I believe it is like RetoArch. You can play everything. GC NES SNES PSP and more. Well that is what I want to do is spice up my Switch . If anyone has any suggestions please reply here or send me a PM. Thanks you to everyone in the past that has helped me in the past. Have a great day.
Spice it up with overclocking hehe

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
RetroPie uses RetroArch, but has EmulationStation as a frontend. Which, if I remember rightly, is a lot of work to setup.

Honestly it's probably not worth the extra effort, and I'd imagine there'd be a performance loss to some degree doing it your way, but that's just a guess on my part.
Actually Lakka seems to have better performance than native HOS RetroArch.
Honestly I have problems with Retroarch and it looks bland as hell. The video that I saw has a nice cool looing display
Lakka is what you want, not RetroPie ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk