Homebrew Looking for Pokemon Dream World's .swf files

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of recently, I've taken an interest in trying to revive Gen5's Pokemon Dream World (mostly because of the discovery of nds-constraint).
Yet, despite me searching high and low, all over the internet, I was unable to find most of the files (I've got some, but what I do have is missing a significant amount of data).
So, I've decided to ask here.
If anyone had archived the Dream World SWF files back when the service was active, or has a browser which accessed the site and played Dream World, and has never had cache cleared (since the browser could have cached the files), *PLEASE* contact me.

If you have a discord account, join this server:
https://discord.gg/yqSut8c
if not, you may DM me here on GBAtemp.

Thank you.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Looking for it here will likely be looking for a needle in a haystack. I highly recommend visit the Serebii or Bulbagarden forums, you're gonna a lot more people there who may either have what you are looking for or would be inrerested in helping you search. Personally, I'd be very excited to see this service revived and wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: PrincessLillie

EvonnaRobyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound extremely stupid but I wonder if our best bet would be to just convince one of the producers of the Dream World website, like Basement Factory Productions (Dream World is shown on the page showing their works) or Takeshi Kawachimaru, to just give us the files. It's a long shot and we would have to find a way to do that (I would totally pay $500 if it meant reviving the Dream World website and features) but if anybody has what we would need to do that, it would be them. I'll tell you what. I'll reach out to everyone on that production team that I can and I'll tell you if it goes anywhere.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This may sound extremely stupid but I wonder if our best bet would be to just convince one of the producers of the Dream World website, like Basement Factory Productions (Dream World is shown on the page showing their works) or Takeshi Kawachimaru, to just give us the files. It's a long shot and we would have to find a way to do that (I would totally pay $500 if it meant reviving the Dream World website and features) but if anybody has what we would need to do that, it would be them. I'll tell you what. I'll reach out to everyone on that production team that I can and I'll tell you if it goes anywhere.
even if they did have it, they wouldn't/shouldn't share, they wouldn't want to get in legal issues with nintendo.
but by all means, try it :) it would be good to get the files.

Shane-O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the middle of a gen 5 playthough and I was wondering if this project has went anywhere in the past few years? I'd love to be able to fully experience the game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The bird is the word! +1