Hardware Looking for GC-2 for Wii U

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to find the black one if possible. Amazon is forever out of stock. Cheapest one on ebay is 66.66

Any better spots to check?
mpVlKfAXASVk9EBN7ntDnEA.jpg

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks. One thing that concerns me though:
Q: Does this have mode switch in the back for Wii U and Wii?
A:GC-2 version -11 White or -12 Black No. GC-2 version -13 White or -14 Black Yes. Make sure you buy the one you like
Is there an easy way to tell?

Also, when I tried ordering from the amazon link, I got Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I guess you could use a middleman if you want this or try eBay UK/ES/FR/DE/etc.

But honestly, the design of this controller is such a fuck up why in Miyamoto's name would you want this?
STJA4Zt.jpg

It looks like a poor man's Wii U Pro Controller that's been smashed and put together again.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you could use a middleman if you want this or try eBay UK/ES/FR/DE/etc.

But honestly, the design of this controller is such a fuck up why in Miyamoto's name would you want this?
STJA4Zt.jpg

It looks like a poor man's Wii U Pro Controller that's been smashed and put together again.
What's bad about it? it's sleek, sexy, has proper stick placement and a nice lookin dpad. And the -14 model can switch from wii U Pro to CCP from what I hear. A couple people in the Nintendont thread swear by it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The D-PAD looks as bad if not worse than a 360's one, the design's like a mashed up potato which certainly isn't sexy at all and in terms of comfortability it definitely doesn't give that vibe. It's all why I never bothered to get one of these.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. Love it. One issue though. When I squeeze the triggers, it thinks I'm pushing the sticks sometimes. It doesn't do it in the Wii U or Vwii menus, but it does it in wiiflow and when using Nintendont that I've tested so far. It doesn't do it in Retroarch though. So I guess this issue is homebrew specific?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm wondering about that as well. Now that Smash 4 is out it'd be nice to have a proper wireless controller for it.
I saw the Amazon link above, but that's for the older model that doesn't have the Wii U/Wii mode switch, which is like the only thing that makes this controller better than others. Otherwise I might as well just get a Wii U Pro Controller :P
It'd be nice to have a controller with full Wii U support (with rumble etc) that can still be used in Wii games.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my test results so far.

On both Wii and Wii U, when playing N64 games, and gamecube games via Nintendont, while in Classic controller mode, pressing either trigger results in what happens when you push the left stick up and to the right.
This also occurs in Wiiflow, but only on the Wii U for some reason. Retroarch and Wiisx don't seem to have this problem.
Will only work in Classic controller mode with Nintendont. In Wii U Pro mode, it lights up, but is unresponsive,

Will only work in Classic controller mode with Devolution. If you try to sync it in Wii U Pro mode, it will trigger the reset combo, the screen dimmer combo, and the buttons will lose response while in active mode.

It will however work correctly in either mode for Wii and Wii U games.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Further testing yields even stranger results. In Wii U Pro mode, when synced in the System Menu, it then acts as a classic controller when used in Wii64, but the control sticks don't respond correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: