Not open for further replies.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm looking for a GBC Flashcart/copier. Specifically if it's a flashcart, one that can be used in conjunction with the N64 TransferPak (Pokemon Stadium) without modification (Like the Everdrive GB needs) or a copier that I can use to backup from/inject into carts a save file.

I'm aware that in this day and age it's pretty hard to come by something like this (as a thorough few google searches and even some GBATemp threads here have shown.) Still, does anyone know where I can find one of these?

Also I know you can build one but that's a bit above my skillset and available tools.

D

Deleted User

You will need one that has an MBC3 chip as Pokemon has problems with MBC5. There is a patch you can get for Pokemon to prevent glitches when playing normally on a gameboy but Stadium will still have problems as that will still try to use the MBC3 chip (and the patch also prevents GB Tower from working).
Sadly Everdrive GB is the only commercially available flash cart with MBC3 support. SmartCard works perfectly with a Transfer Pak but is missing the MBC3 chip.

The only flash cart option is to make a custom one. Unless you're looking to play a Stadium compatible hackrom, best option is to play an official Pokemon cart.

If you're just looking for a save backup tool. I suggest Mega Memory Card if you can find one.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you. I managed to find, buy and recieve a Mega Memory card in the time it took since the OP, and Initially I was just looking to back up savefiles. Next will be a flashcart with SD/usb capability to transfer those saves onto a computer.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I finally managed to purchase a good copier and it works really good. For anyone else in the future reading this thread, check this page to purchase one (Assuming they're in stock at the time and not cancelled by now.)

Since this thread is no longer needed I'll report a mod to close it. Thanks to the above members for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc