drake7707

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Radiant Historia took me 45 hours to complete including the sidequests. It's an (J)RPG, has a good story (the I wanted to keep playing to find out what would happen next type). It's not super difficult, if you're stuck due to jump in monster level then if you grind for 15min you can continue without any problem.

I never needed to look in the walkthrough either for the main story. To complete everything and anything I had to check up things a few times.

Ghost Trick is also very recommended and has a surprisingly addictive story, clocked in at about 15 hours iirc.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Suikoden Tierkreis for some RPG...

Advance Wars if you like strategy
tongue.gif

Undiscovered.Lin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
drake7707 said:
Radiant Historia took me 45 hours to complete including the sidequests. It's an (J)RPG, has a good story (the I wanted to keep playing to find out what would happen next type). It's not super difficult, if you're stuck due to jump in monster level then if you grind for 15min you can continue without any problem.

I never needed to look in the walkthrough either for the main story. To complete everything and anything I had to check up things a few times.

Ghost Trick is also very recommended and has a surprisingly addictive story, clocked in at about 15 hours iirc.

Hmm I might give Ghost Trick a go, I need to find a ROM first. Its the same with Radiant Historia sounds good but please can I have a little more information on each one!
yaynds.gif

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full Metal Alchemist Duel sympathy, its a fun and addicting game, and you can play for hours, it isnt very hard, and it only took 4 days to compleate, but should be good for 15 hours straight, also hell of sand ds, one of my fave homebrews might help to.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, any games without an ending can be considered long games, but most don't have any story to speak of.

You could always try some of these, however:
1) The Sims 3 DS - It's just like the version that was released for the PC, but smaller, with less details to Sim appearance creation and less items to work with. However, it's a very good port and you can probably get a kick out of making people then trapping them in a small 1x1 room and starving them to death.
2) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - It's a Kingdom Hearts game on the DS that stars Roxas. What's not to like? It's got a good deal of things to do and will last you more than 12 hours unless you decide to cheat. There's also an unlockable mission mode where you can play as other members of Organization XIII. Only problem: Hands are stuck straight, even when holding things. If you haven't played any other Kingdom Hearts games, then this will spoil a lot of that for you.
3) Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded - It's a redux of the original Kingdom Hearts. Instead of it being just a full on remake of the original game, however, it's got a new story. There are some new gameplay elements, such as side-scrolling platformer sections and some RPG (as in, the Mario and Luigi kind) sections as well. The graphics look much improved over 358/2 Days, as well, which is a plus if those darn hands bothered you. If you haven't played any other Kingdom Hearts games, this MAY spoil some things.
4) The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - It's the Wizard of Oz, with a slightly different story. There's no Auntie Em or Munchkinland, but the game DOES follow the basic storyline (Dorothy ends up in Oz, meets 3 friends, and travels around and battles a witch's minions to go home). However, instead of one witch, there are four of them. Also, this is an interesting RPG where you have to switch out your party members for every battle depending on what enemies you have to fight (the game allows you to switch in battle and without taking up a turn, too, which is very nice). It'll last you a while due to all the grinding you may have to do. By the way, this game has GORGEOUS graphics and absolutely beautiful music....if you're into that sort of thing.
5) Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - A throwback to the classic Final Fantasy games of yesteryear. The game's story HAS been called out on for being partially nonexistant/stereotypical, but that doesn't detract from the game at all. The gameplay has also been scrutinized over being a bit random, as the AI will choose which enemy to attack / friend to use items on depending on what you do (i.e. if a character has a spear or a bow and you tell them to attack, they'll attack an enemy in the back row. If you have two low-health characters and someone uses heal, the character with lower health will be healed). However, there's a very nice balance to it all and it gets easy to use as you master the game.
6) Jam with the Band - A band simulator with no real goal. You can play any instrument in any song. I can only equate the game to playing similarly to Guitar Hero if it was controlled by all the buttons on a DS. This is a really good game if you have the ROM, since you can add custom songs to the game from separate files that are better than the songs that come with the game or can be downloaded from Wi-Fi. However, you may have to make the songs you want yourself in the custom song creator, due to the files being only readily available within a single download .zip file linked somewhere on GBATemp. Despite this, it's a really nice game. Personally, I could play it for hours without stopping if it wasn't for the other games I have to beat, too.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balee56 said:
Pokémanz
DQ:MJ2
Shin Megami Tensei:Strange Journey/DS1/DS2

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Devil Survivor 1, I can understand.

Devil Survivor 2 isn't even out in the US yet... o.O DO YOU HAVE A US ROM?! OMG MUST HAZ PL0X

JK, but srsly, no way to get it besides importing or stealing the cart from Atlus.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Well, any games without an ending can be considered long games, but most don't have any story to speak of.

You could always try some of these, however:
2) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - It's a Kingdom Hearts game on the DS that stars Roxas. What's not to like? It's got a good deal of things to do and will last you more than 12 hours unless you decide to cheat. There's also an unlockable mission mode where you can play as other members of Organization XIII. Only problem: Hands are stuck straight, even when holding things. If you haven't played any other Kingdom Hearts games, then this will spoil a lot of that for you.
3) Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded - It's a redux of the original Kingdom Hearts. Instead of it being just a full on remake of the original game, however, it's got a new story. There are some new gameplay elements, such as side-scrolling platformer sections and some RPG (as in, the Mario and Luigi kind) sections as well. The graphics look much improved over 358/2 Days, as well, which is a plus if those darn hands bothered you. If you haven't played any other Kingdom Hearts games, this MAY spoil some things.
5) Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - A throwback to the classic Final Fantasy games of yesteryear. The game's story HAS been called out on for being partially nonexistant/stereotypical, but that doesn't detract from the game at all. The gameplay has also been scrutinized over being a bit random, as the AI will choose which enemy to attack / friend to use items on depending on what you do (i.e. if a character has a spear or a bow and you tell them to attack, they'll attack an enemy in the back row. If you have two low-health characters and someone uses heal, the character with lower health will be healed). However, there's a very nice balance to it all and it gets easy to use as you master the game.

Great suggestions here, but I have to correct you on something. Re:Coded is a remake of Kingdom Hearts Coded, a cell-phone only game that was released exclusively in Japan. While the story may follow the original roughly, there are slight differences. And they put it on the DS so that US audiences could experience it. Plus, the secret movie unlocked after certain criteria are met is rather essential to the storyline as a whole.

Lockmaster24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you haven't played it Dragon Quest IX is fun and it takes a good 24 hours of game play to beat the mian story without side quests. And the post game is near infinite. Just try to connect to the Wi-Fi shop before you leave for more quests and post-game story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk