• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hi everyone :)

I pushed a fix for games which use startup arguments.
You can see these arguments in the cos.xml.

Only 4 games are known to us which use them.
Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Just Dance 4 and Just Dance 2014.

This is an example from Call of Duty: Ghosts:
Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">iw6_cafef_launcher.rpx +eu_engfrger +disc</argstr>

Just Dance 4
is playable after this fix.
Just Dance 2014 only uses them to disable some debug stuff which we can't see.
The Call of Duty games were only playable in single-player mode and they still crash when you try to launch the multi-player mode from the main menu.

BUT there is a way to start the multi-player mode directly now by adding a startup argument!

For Call of Duty: Ghosts, edit the cos.xml and add +squadVsSquadMode or +aliensMode to start each mode directly.
The result for squadVsSquadMode would be:
Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">iw6_cafef_launcher.rpx +eu_engfrger +disc +squadVsSquadMode</argstr>
Switching game modes will still crash this game and the Home Button is disabled in the MP mode, so you will have to restart the Wii U after playing :P

For Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, the multiplayer mode start argument is +zm .
The result would be:
Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">t6_cafef_launcher.rpx +noe +disc +zm</argstr>

If you find other games that work after this fix, let us know =)

Last edited by n1ghty, , Reason: It's Just Dance 2014, not 2015 :)

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question did not see it in the FAQ, will be posible to play any game from any región in any console?, I mean can I play an EUR game in an USA console, and vice versa with loadiine Gx2? if the answer is yes, then what do I have to do?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Just Dance 4 and Just Dance 2015.

Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">iw6_cafef_launcher.rpx +eu_engfrger +disc</argstr>

Just Dance 4
Just Dance 2015 only uses them to disable some debug stuff which we can't see.
The Call of Duty games were only playable in single-player mode and they still crash when you try to launch the multi-player mode from the main menu.

BUT there is a way to start the multi-player mode directly now by adding a startup argument!

For Call of Duty: Ghosts, edit the cos.xml and add +squadVsSquadMode or +aliensMode to start each mode directly.
Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">iw6_cafef_launcher.rpx +eu_engfrger +disc +squadVsSquadMode</argstr>
Switching game modes will still crash this game and the Home Button is disabled in the MP mode, so you will have to restart the Wii U after playing :P

The result would be:
Code:
<argstr type="string" length="4096">t6_cafef_launcher.rpx +noe +disc +zm</argstr>

This should go to the OP and/or Compatibility list. :P

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So loadiine is working great for me. Backup wiiu game working. However I tried to add some nes snes n64 games that had content and code folders but no meta folder or meta.xml... The gx2 loader didn't list them... Do I need to makeup a meta folder? Or made up titleid? Using []? Can I just use any old id? Like from another game? Or do I need a different hack for those?

Nema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So loadiine is working great for me. Backup wiiu game working. However I tried to add some nes snes n64 games that had content and code folders but no meta folder or meta.xml... The gx2 loader didn't list them... Do I need to makeup a meta folder? Or made up titleid? Using []? Can I just use any old id? Like from another game? Or do I need a different hack for those?
Just put [XXXXXX].
I have a question did not see it in the FAQ, will be posible to play any game from any región in any console?, I mean can I play an EUR game in an USA console, and vice versa with loadiine Gx2? if the answer is yes, then what do I have to do?
Yes, you can play from other regions but some games need some work around. You find what you need to do on the notes here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Just Dance 4 and Just Dance 2015.

Code:

Just Dance 4

Code:

The result would be:
Code:

I compiled it and tested and Just Dance 4 is working now really. :) Thanks @n1ghty the awesome work here.http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/nNkwjL5I/file.html
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/nNkwjL5I/file.html

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 5.3.2 best compatibility right now? I'm on 3.1.0 - should I wait and see?
When more and more things are ported to 3.1.0, it'll be the best firmware to be on (probably) along with a few others because allegedly the kernel exploit is much more stable than 5.3.2's. But for right now, 5.3.2 is the best, followed (closely) by 5.4.0, the reason being, 5.3.2 has more to offer.

EDIT: But if you want immediate gratification go ahead and update to 5.3.2.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Code:

Just Dance 4

Code:

The result would be:
Code:

got an compiled elf for hbl? cant seem to find the new rev? i wanted to try pokemon rumble u to see if it works now.

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When more and more things are ported to 3.1.0, it'll be the best firmware to be on (probably) along with a few others because allegedly the kernel exploit is much more stable than 5.3.2's. But for right now, 5.3.2 is the best, followed (closely) by 5.4.0, the reason being, 5.3.2 has more to offer.

EDIT: But if you want immediate gratification go ahead and update to 5.3.2.

I don't mind waiting. I still haven't finished all the games that are <=3.1.0. I read something about iosu on 3.1.0 - that could be cool.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
got an compiled elf for hbl? cant seem to find the new rev? i wanted to try pokemon rumble u to see if it works now.
It won't work. If it is a game that uses arguments, you would need a new dump of the cos.xml (or find the arguments by dissecting the rpx). But ddd does not dump them yet and it's rather unlinkely because it crashes at saving a game.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind waiting. I still haven't finished all the games that are <=3.1.0. I read something about iosu on 3.1.0 - that could be cool.
I could have sworn in the last few days there was a release for Loadiine on your firmware version...tracking that thread down right this second....

EDIT: Nope, only down to 4.1.0. But hey, at least you still have the OSDriver exploit! (You know that, right?)

Last edited by Logan Pockrus, , Reason: I was being an idiot

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This should go to the OP
Added to the changelog, along with now officially merged PadConv from Dibas.

So, the Title dumper is not reading the argstr value?
it's not in memory and need rpx to be decompiled?

edit:
on the compatibility list, Assassin creed 3 is marked as "single player only" with the same error number than call of duty, but it doesn't have arguments in argstr.
someone know what changed since SSB fix release ? that game doesn't boot anymore. last working version is splatoon preview release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...