Hacking Loadiine GX2

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 2,481,750
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use "unlock DLC" (IE: "Buy" Ryu for Loadiine Smash) through Loadiine? If not, may I get directed the correct direction? Also, for things that I already own (Like Smash =p), I would need to look for a different app to install the "Unlock DLC" files, correct?

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've downloaded Mario Kart 8 latest update (v64) from JNUSTool

how can I unpack it to

6cc1964f84.png

rather than this

View attachment 48059
The files you have currently are encrypted files, you can decrypt them using the built in CDecrypt by clicking Open FST in JNUSTool.

Last edited by Dylon99,
Reactions: memomo

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes, use saviine to extract your save.
read the first post here to know where to place the extracted files, and which mode to use in loadiine settings (depends if you put them in u/c or 800000x/common)

saviine will extract to 80000x, you can keep this folder name and use the "unique mode", or rename it to "u" and use the "shared mode"
Thank you

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay guys, I (finally) decided to commit my loadiine stuff. I didn't make too much progress with the gui over the last weeks, so I decided to commit what I have.

Biggest changes:
- HID support
- Filereplacement / update merger
- Gamesettings

Minor changes:
- Added new Gui Elements (GuiToggle,GuiSwitch,GuiCheckBox,GuiSelectBox)
- Improved the function patching. Now you can patch dynamic functions.
- Serveral minor changes I dont remember anymore. (e.g. Now you dont have to reboot after you set the padcon settings)

The HID support has the same features as the hid to vpad tool. Check it the thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/) for more informations and the compatibility.
You can add/remove the device at anytime and serveral devices at once (all will be mapped at the gamepad though).

I explained the filereplacement stuff earlier (http://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/page-51#post-6095454). It let just replace the files on the fly, without modifying the e
actual game folder. This way you can apply updates or do any kind of game mods. Here is again an example folder structure.

Code:
->Mario Kart 8 [AMKP01]
|->code
|->content
|->meta
|->updates
  |->v64
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     |filelist.txt (will be created)
  |->v16
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     | filelist.txt (will be created)
  |-> COOLGAMEMOD123
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     |filelist.txt (will be created)

Each folder in ther "updates" represents an update or game mod, and has his own code,content and meta folder. The filelist.txt will be used to see which files need be loaded from
the update folder. If it's missing, it will be created (usally a few seconds, but be longer). Don't forget to delete it after you changed the content folder..
When your grab an update through JNUSTool, it will create the filelist.txt and the right folder structure for you. Simply copy and paste it.

Gamesettings:
When you try to start a game, a new windows with appear. There you can make some settings before the acutal game with will boot.

• Updatefolder: Here you can see list of all updates/gamemods you have in your "updates" folder (Looks like something like this: http://puu.sh/oy21h/d4fefaf6b1.jpg). Simply choose the cone you want to apply.
  • Extra save: With this option you can create a new savefolder for this update/game mod. So if dont want to change the save between your updates, or have a fancy game mod that requires a new savegame, simply enable the option. Leaving it disable with simply use your normal save, should be good for most people.
  • Launch Method: Here you can set the launch method for the game. The default setting, will use the one set in the "global" settings.
  • Save Method: Here you can set the save method for the game. The default setting, will use the one set in the "global" settings.
When you press O.K. the settings will be saved and the game will boot with (or without) the update.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I also rewrote the way functions are patched/restored. Now you can also patch dynamic functions.

Checkout the nightly on the github for testing.
Hey Maschell, I have downloaded all the updates for Super Mario Maker in JNUSTool, but I cant select more than 1 update file? How do I make it so the game knows I have installed those updates?

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Maschell, I have downloaded all the updates for Super Mario Maker in JNUSTool, but I cant select more than 1 update file? How do I make it so the game knows I have installed those updates?

Afaik you don't install the update, the loadiine just 'fuse' the game and the update when you load it

Which mean you will have to always make sure to have the good update selected before booting the game

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Afaik you don't install the update, the loadiine just 'fuse' the game and the update when you load it

Which mean you will have to always make sure to have the good update selected before booting the game
Well, I have every update in a seperate folder, but I know the game is missing all these updates from before if I select v176. Do I have to copy all the older update folders into the v176 update folder in order for it to work?

Edit: 400 messages yay.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
For wii u each update includes all the previous, so you never need to select several updates at the same time.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I have every update in a seperate folder, but I know the game is missing all these updates from before if I select v176. Do I have to copy all the older update folders into the v176 update folder in order for it to work?

You mean if you boot the game with the latest update, the game seems to miss the features from previous updates?

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. As of one of the newer patches, you only need to play like.. 5-ish minutes I think while playing with the new goodies instead of time traveling with the system clock.

Reactions: Dylon99

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reset the time for what?

When Mario Maker came out, you had to play like 10 days to unlock everything, and people 'cheated' that by changing the wiiu date after getting their 'daily delivery'

but i think that with an update nintendo changed that you can get all the new stuff 'the same' day

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Cyan Mind explaining without going too much technical, as why some games only work in SSB mode and not in mii maker?

I'm trying to understand why Mario Kart 8 latest update doesn't work in MiiMaker but it does in SSB

Thanks

Reactions: Dylon99

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit, I'm sad that the Loadiine SMM's can't go online. I could always use more stages to review for a website I goto.. But enough about that XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety