regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
http://tinfoil.io/

Lithium
Lightweight Nintendo Switch Title Installer. Works with 7.X.

Nintendo Switch homebrew title installer, for the single purpose of installing titles

• If you are looking for Goldleaf, this is Goldleaf's safer and way more extended evolution.
If you are a current Goldleaf user, you need Lithium!

Installation
Unzip files to your root SD card, then run lithium.nro through homebrew launcher.

Use
Just browse to y our NSP files, and click A on them to install.

If you get an error about signature verification, the file has been modified and could potentially be dangerous, so to protect your switch the installation has been blocked. If you wish to override this and install anyway, enable "install unsigned code" in the install options. The password is U U D D L R L R B A +.

Adding Network Locations
Go to the "File Browser", press X to create new, select "FTP", "HTTP", or "NUT" protocol, fill in the required information, then press X to save. Then you can browse to files and install from the network.

Other
This is a simple version of the more advanced Tinfoil: https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil . If you are an advanced user, you may enjoy Tinfoil's extra features more.

I see the latest version is incompatible with Kosmos.

Why is that? I really like this Tinfoil, but I also like Kosmos. It kind of sucks I have to make a choice.

Last edited by regnad,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Why is that? I really like this Tinfoil, but I also like Kosmos. It kind of sucks I have to make a choice.

If I'm correct, which I'm not sure I am, it's to do with how Atmosphere and in change Kosmos use system memory, I believe they reduced the size of memory the HBL can use and thus in turn you can't use tinfoil with the defaults. It might work if you use kosmos + mercury, but don't quote me on that

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I'm correct, which I'm not sure I am, it's to do with how Atmosphere and in change Kosmos use system memory, I believe they reduced the size of memory the HBL can use and thus in turn you can't use tinfoil with the defaults. It might work if you use kosmos + mercury, but don't quote me on that

The latest Lithium (7.01) works fine with Kosmos (15.1) or at least it did for me this morning, It's Tinfoil (8.0/8.01) that doesn't work unless you're using a stock Atmosphere and fusee-gelee

Last edited by EddCase,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands

No, that's a different issue.

That issue used to be with the HID mitm (tldr, atmosphere's HID compatability mitm to prevent breaking all homebrew for a few system versions also happened to break all nsp homebrew), which has little to do with the anti-Kosmos stuff in lithium.

The reason that you can't use blawar's software with Kosmos is purely because of bickering between the AtlasNX team and blawar. blawar behaved like an immature manchild and chose to only allow "signed" hekate payloads instead of any payload a user would want to use if they're running an Atmosphere derivative (FSS0 Atmosphere is included in that definition).

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's a different issue.

That issue used to be with the HID mitm (tldr, atmosphere's HID compatability mitm to prevent breaking all homebrew for a few system versions also happened to break all nsp homebrew), which has little to do with the anti-Kosmos stuff in lithium.

The reason that you can't use blawar's software with Kosmos is purely because of bickering between the AtlasNX team and blawar. blawar behaved like an immature manchild and chose to only allow "signed" hekate payloads instead of any payload a user would want to use if they're running an Atmosphere derivative (FSS0 Atmosphere is included in that definition).

you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The latest tinfoil and lithium have zero anti-kosmos code, whether they work or not with kosmos is a configuration and software issue with kosmos. I simply don’t support it. It is possible to get tinfoil to work with kosmos, however I am not kosmos tech support therefore it is unsupported.

HotdogWithMustard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the latest version of Tinfoil doesn't work unless you use the 'custom kip', why even have the software ask If you're just going to lock everything down and refuse to work once the user hits 'no'? :wacko::rofl2:

Also those "SXOS Exclusive Features" look suspiciously like the free features available in previous versions, guess it's time to downgrade lol.

Last edited by HotdogWithMustard,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The latest tinfoil and lithium have zero anti-kosmos code, whether they work or not with kosmos is a configuration and software issue with kosmos. I simply don’t support it. It is possible to get tinfoil to work with kosmos, however I am not kosmos tech support therefore it is unsupported.

The latest Joonie86 patches release says support has been added for Tinfoil.

https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases

I assume everything is okay now then, and I can have Kosmos and Tinfoil?

eggplanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried using 7.01 with FW 9.2 + Atmosphere 0.10.4 + Hekate 5.1.2 (booting from fusee-primary of Atmosphere 0.10.4).

Sadly, it doesn't work. Lithium starts and crashed immediately without a warning. It just force closes. How to fix this?

Reactions: one-piece

one-piece

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried using 7.01 with FW 9.2 + Atmosphere 0.10.4 + Hekate 5.1.2 (booting from fusee-primary of Atmosphere 0.10.4).

Sadly, it doesn't work. Lithium starts and crashed immediately without a warning. It just force closes. How to fix this?
This happened to me too, I had to change to awoo installer

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try running it in high memory mode

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it right now, same issue sadly. Thanks for your reply.

Are you running any 3rd party sys modules, like sysclk, any saltnx plugins, reversenx, etc? Those all cause conflicts I believe. Yo ucan try deleting all custom mods from your sd card and start over with vanilla atmosphere or SX. I will test it out later today to make sure nothing happened.

eggplanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not running any 3rd party sys modules and reinstalled Atmosphere again. Same issue with Lithium 7.01 like mentioned before.

Were you able to check the issue on your switch? Thanks a lot for your support!

eggplanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found the issue, my fault!

I didn't copy the "tinfoil" folder to the "switch" folder on my SD card. Only copied the "lithium" folder, which was the mistake.

Everything works great, thanks blawar. Lithium 7.01 is a great release!

Last edited by eggplanter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rinse, repeat.