Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
megawalk said:
google it up. iPlayer. so it can run gba games. just not with a gba slot expansion
rolleyes.gif

also when your googling around. try finding the Supercard DS Two and what their hardware specifications are

When there is an actually working model of the DSTwo, or until it's released, who cares? They announced it with no ETA. As of right now, it doesn't exist. On top of that, they did such a TERRIBLE job with their new EV OS that it makes you reconsider if DSTwo will fail just as much.

Edit: If you want a flashcart on DSi, just get an Acekard 2i and use AKAIO.
No, they didn't. Care to expound?

As for me...until the DSTwo comes out, the DSLite is better. I have both.
biggrin.gif

Unless you want to play DSiWare and all that.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you care about GBA (and slot-2 flash cart devices) or don't have quite as much money to spare, I'd go with a DSLite. While the DSi has slightly better hardware, it isn't so much of an improvement that it's really worth the extra cost, IMO. Personally I think the cameras and such are a waste of time, but I guess if you think you'd actually use that stuff; or want to use the DSiWare I suppose you'd be better off with a DSi.

I'll probably buy a DSi eventually myself, but only for collecting purposes as I've got all the past Nintendo handhelds. But I probably won't get one until the DS2 has come out, which would make the price drop significantly, or if some special edition DSi comes out that I like the look of.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on if you plan on buying anything on DSiWare. I've only gotten two games for now, Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero. The upcoming Shantae game(s) also very much intrigue me. Also, the browser seems to be more solid on the DSi.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I don't care for the DSi simply because I don't like the idea of them coming out with a firmware update and possibly stopping your ability to use a flashcart. Sure, you can say, "Just don't update", but then you are locked out of the DSiware store, which makes it no more useful than the DSlite at that point...actually worse, considering no GBA support (phooey on iPlayer, that's just another accessory I'd have to buy). If I had a DSi, I'd want to be able to use ALL of it's features the way I want. As it currently stands, if you are just using it with a flashcart and not buying into any of the DSi specific fluff, it is then pointless to have anything other than a DSlite, since you really won't get much more benefit out of a DSi, other than DSiWare, which I can live without. DSi mode has yet to be unlocked via a flashcart.

And while I understand some of you not caring about GBA, I do. I have a veritable "pocket arcade" with my DSlite between all the DS and GBA games and homebrew I have instantly at my fingertips. With a DSi, I'd lose about half my library of games just in GBA stuff alone. I can't tolerate that. And I don't want to hear about iPlayer. I don't need it with my DSlite.

Plus, I can dump games thanks to the slot2, DSi has to use slow-ass WiFi dumping. As it is right now, I NEVER have to buy anything ever again for my DSlite. I have my CycloDS and M3 Perfect. I'm set. Why purposely go out and spend more money on something I essentially already have and have to spend yet more money on more new accessories to get CLOSE to where I was with my DSlite?

Of course, I'm also speaking from the depths of a software pirate's soul, so....

I vote DSlite. It suits ME. What suits you is none of my concern. You asked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game