List of the best Rom hacks!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Eternal Myst, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008
  1. Hungry Friend

Member Hungry Friend It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

United States
    Old ass thread I know, but it's stickied and I feel obligated to tell people about Doctor L's Chrono Trigger retranslation that basically takes the awkward as fuck Chrono compendium hack, puts much of the original US release's dialogue back in and pretty much uses the best of both translations. imo this translation is far better and less censored than CT DS's, but characters have been returned to their original Japanese names which may bother some people.(Ozzie is Vinegar, Schala is Sara etc)

also super butt bros, the greatest hack in all of existence.(NSFW; do not look it up in public!)

2. osm70

Member osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Czech Republic
    Flames of Eternity (Crimson Echoes) - sequel to Chrono Trigger

3. Hungry Friend

Member Hungry Friend It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

United States
    ah, I forgot about that one. I haven't played through the latest build of FoE but I've played CE and an earlier version of Flames and it's really damn impressive how much was actually changed. It's a little fanfic-esque but it's one hell of a hack and I really would've liked to have seen the original CE completed.(from what I've heard, the creators of CE don't like FoE) The final boss using that sprite from Magus' castle is especially cool.

4. YoshiInAVoid

Banned YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  5. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    reported - this link is malicious