Hacking List of old3DS games with improved framerate after using the '804MHZ + L2' NTR setting on new3DS.

Alternator47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
framerate still dips when a lot of particles are on screen regardless of what they are. but the overclock DOES in fact help with the framerate under these conditions. i usually play smash 1v1 omega anyways, so i dont need the OC that much. but this is good knowledge here.
Alright thanks for letting me know. Also, nobody noticed my crappy home alone reference in my post.

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Additional games so far:

MGS3: Medium improvement. Less framerate drops.
Conception 2: little improvement, less framerate drops.
Super Robot Wars UX: no improvement.
Smash, Mario Kart 7: loading times improved, gameplay stayed the same.
Cave Story 3D: Little improvement. Lag with many enemies on screen is less.
Street Fighter 3D Edition: Little improvement. With 3D on it's close to 60 FPS.
Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton: Medium improvement. Animation with two characters on screen is a lot better.
Professor Layton and the miracle mask: Little improvement. Minigame with Layton and his friend in the mine is more fluid now.
Senran Kagura 2: Little improvement. Less lag with 3D on.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Medium improvement. Less lag even when being surrounded by hordes of enemies.
Conception II: Little improvement. Less lag during battles.

@Soul_Alchemist May I ask what configuration you are using? Not that I would play such games, but I heard that on EU New 3DS 9.5 GW emuNAND with NTR CFW 3.0 Senran Kagura Burst crashes on boot and Clean Mode generally crashes the system. Also do you use a header?
@Wuigi, new3DS 9.0U with 9.5U GW emunand using GW's 3.4.1 loader. No clean mode.

Last edited by Soul_Alchemist,

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New games I've tested.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy (+): Drastically reduced loading times, and the framerate stays locked at 60fps the majority of the time. 804MHZ mode may perform the same as the new 2.1.0 version, I haven't tested the new update.
Pokémon ORAS: Mild improvement, after checking this and XY again, I can confirm that playing with 3D on is fantastic with very little drops..... On 1vs1 battles.
Project Mirai: Mild improvement. The animations are better, and there's less frame drops, but the loading times are still bad.

Also, fun fact: Xenoblade 3D runs like crap at normal 3DS speed, I'm talking about 5-15fps. It's practically unplayable. No wonder they didn't release it on old 3DS.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
BTW, what MicroSD card is used for the test?
Original Toshiba Class 4?
Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s?
Lexar Professional 1000x 150MB/s?

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW, what MicroSD card is used for the test?
Original Toshiba Class 4?
Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s?
Lexar Professional 1000x 150MB/s?

The 3DS isn't compatible with UHS, anything over 25MB/s is a waste of money. UHS cards work at normal SD speed when used on 3DS.

You should care more about 4K random read. But almost any new original SD card these days is good enough. Don't waste money on UHS for 3DS.

Last edited by Soul_Alchemist,

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
New games I've tested.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy (+): Drastically reduced loading times, and the framerate stays locked at 60fps the majority of the time. 804MHZ mode may perform the same as the new 2.1.0 version, I haven't tested the new update.
Pokémon ORAS: Mild improvement, after checking this and XY again, I can confirm that playing with 3D on is fantastic with very little drops..... On 1vs1 battles.
Project Mirai: Mild improvement. The animations are better, and there's less frame drops, but the loading times are still bad.

Also, fun fact: Xenoblade 3D runs like crap at normal 3DS speed, I'm talking about 5-15fps. It's practically unplayable. No wonder they didn't release it on old 3DS.

Can you make a video of Project Mirai showing how it works with 804MHZ? pleeeaaaase

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team: Medium improvement. Seems to make the game overall much smoother, with the CPU clock changed it's buttery smooth without the slight choppiness I got before. I haven't done much testing though as I was near the end of the game when I tried this.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it runs like total ass. Audio stutters non-stop, tho at times gets even slower than others. Game speed varies from half speed to worse.
Who'd have thought, they didn't make it an n3ds exclusive purely so they could get less sales.
That was why I wanted to know it! Thanks!
Only 10 days left until I can play it on N3DS!(but only if it's not like 1001 Spikes which wasn't released in germany for whatever reason)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: