Hacking List of old3DS games with improved framerate after using the '804MHZ + L2' NTR setting on new3DS.

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Feel free to copy paste the list / add your own / create an online doc.

Code of Princess: HUGE improvement . Drops are virtually eliminated even with 3D on.
Senran Kagura Burst: Medium improvement. Less framerate drops.
Pokémon XY: Mild improvement. 1vs1 battles are much better, but special attacks and 3vs3 battles are still horrible framerate-wise.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy (+): Mild improvement. Drastically reduced loading times, and the framerate stays locked at 60fps the majority of the time. 804MHZ mode may perform the same as the new 2.1.0 version, I haven't tested the new update.
Pokémon ORAS: Mild improvement, after checking this and XY again, I can confirm that playing with 3D on works as good as 2D with very little drops..... On 1vs1 battles.
Project Mirai: Mild improvement. The animations are better, and there's less frame drops, but the loading times are still bad.

Also, fun fact: Xenoblade 3D runs like crap at old 3DS speed, I'm talking about 5-15fps. It's practically unplayable. No wonder they didn't release it on old 3DS.

Additional games so far:
MGS3: Medium improvement. Less framerate drops.
Conception 2: little improvement, less framerate drops.
Super Robot Wars UX: no improvement.
Smash, Mario Kart 7: loading times improved, gameplay stayed the same.
Cave Story 3D: Little improvement. Lag with many enemies on screen is less.
Street Fighter 3D Edition: Little improvement. With 3D on it's close to 60 FPS.
Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton: Medium improvement. Animation with two characters on screen is a lot better.
Professor Layton and the miracle mask: Little improvement. Minigame with Layton and his friend in the mine is more fluid now.
Senran Kagura 2: Little improvement. Less lag with 3D on.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Medium improvement. Less lag even when being surrounded by hordes of enemies.
Conception II: Little improvement. Less lag during battles.

Last edited by Soul_Alchemist,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the vast majority of battles in pokemon XY are one on one, I think it'd be more appropriate to label it at least medium improvement, the vast majority of the game now runs fluid, with only some framerate issues for the rare 3v3 and certain special attacks. Also, OR and AS got the same kind of improvements in speed as well.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Conception 2: little improvement, less framerate drops.
Super Robot Wars UX: no improvement.
Smash, Mario Kart 7: loading times improved, gameplay stayed the same.

Reactions: Arithmatics

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't say I'm surprised at the gameplay staying the same, both MK7 and Smash already run at 60FPS even on the old 3DS AFAIK :P

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although your intentions are good, we need something more quantifiable like access to log to see how much of an effect it has.

But nevertheless still good.
Is there any in-game fps counter for 3DS CFW, like the one in Steam / PC games?

Not a lot of people have a 3DS capture device + fps counter software. An in-game fps counter overlay would be awesome for this.

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would this affect the lifetime of the console in anyway, and if so, negatively or positively ?
Not at all, you're not overclocking. You're just running games @ normal new3DS speed (like Xenoblade). The only downside is that your battery will last less. And you may / may not encounter some new bugs on old3DS games.

Reactions: Hiccup and Margen67
D

Deleted User

Feel free to copy paste the list and add your own or create an online doc.

Code of Princess. HUGE improvement . Drops are virtually eliminated even with 3D on.
Senran Kagura Burst. Medium improvement. Less framerate drops.
Pokémon XY. Little improvement. 1vs1 battles are much better, but special attacks and 3vs3 battles are still horrible framerate-wise.
My friends have had an improvement with ORAS with 3d mode on.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Soul_Alchemist May I ask what configuration you are using? Not that I would play such games, but I heard that on EU New 3DS 9.5 GW emuNAND with NTR CFW 3.0 Senran Kagura Burst crashes on boot and Clean Mode generally crashes the system. Also do you use a header?

Cave Story 3D: Little improvement. Lag with many enemies on screen is less.
Street Fighter 3D Edition: Little improvement. With 3D on it's close to 60 FPS.
Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton: Medium improvement. Animation with two characters on screen is a lot better.
Professor Layton and the miracle mask: Little improvement. Minigame with Layton and his friend in the mine is more fluid now.

Last edited by Wuigi,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Senran Kagura 2: Little improvement. Less lag with 3D on.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Medium improvement. Less lag even when being surrounded by hordes of enemies.
Conception II: Little improvement. Less lag during battles.

Reactions: Arithmatics

Alternator47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But doesn't Smash already run @ 804MHz?
Actually it doesn't. The game on o3DS reboots the system into a mode without browser access and more game resources. 3DS already has more resources so the system does not reboot when loading the game.

I would like to see @reiyu test this:
a. Go to training mode
2. Choose Little Mac
d. Spawn 5 bob-ombs in one area and side smash into them.

Normally this causes an FPS drop on o3DS and n3DS without overclock.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it doesn't. The game on o3DS reboots the system into a mode without browser access and more game resources. 3DS already has more resources so the system does not reboot when loading the game.

a. Go to training mode
2. Choose Little Mac

N3DS doesn't reboot, o3DS does. And I only noticed a difference in decreasing speed, not increasing.

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone test Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, the game looks really good, but the framerate took a hit at times?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

a. Go to training mode
2. Choose Little Mac

framerate still dips when a lot of particles are on screen regardless of what they are. but the overclock DOES in fact help with the framerate under these conditions. i usually play smash 1v1 omega anyways, so i dont need the OC that much. but this is good knowledge here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol