Hacking [LIST] Cards which can use YSMenu/DSTT

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okey, I'm going to show what I'm doing, step by step.

1 - I formated my SD (sandisc, SDHC, 4Gb) with Panasonic SDformater (Full format, and format size adjustment on) (flash erase didn't worked).

2 - Then, I downloaded the lastest kernel for it from here: http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp

3 - I extracted all the files in the root folder

4 - After that, I put the TTMenu folder and the TTMenu.sys on the root folder with the rest, and rename the .sys to .nds

5 - I create a game folder and put some random games on it

6 - okey, the cart's ready, I turn on my DS lite, go to TTMenu.nds and chose random game (I tested various games)

and this happens:

[Rom loading failed]
r4dldi.dat error!
Please reset system

7 - now I'm going to try with the r4dldi.dat fix that is aroud here... and suddenly... same error!

Please I need help, that's all I made step by step. If you even try to help me, thanks in advance.

Edit: Okey, I solved this puzzle, all I did was just look into the system structure on the first post, I was really stupid for not reading it, but also, some games didn't work, for those I copied the whole TTmenu folder on the root, and deactivate the reset (I just don't use it anyway) so now I can play F*** Yeah

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CoolKill3r said:
mathyuowns said:
CoolKill3r said:
Just a question.
Why isnt R4 Original in the list?

Because it just isn't.

I didnt ask for your smart comment, its a normal question i asked!
Maybe no one tryied it yet, or it's just because wood solves all the problems in the original R4?

I'm just guessing, but it says that as long as you can play wood 1.18 you can make YSmenu work

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just asking. i have this card:

R4i Advance using v2.0 - r4i-advance.com -> The constructor already implemented DSTT Kernel besides his DSTT clone kernel.

but my kernel is the still the same from when i got it the first time. if i update to 2.0 it just stays on the loading screen. and what do you mean by"

"The constructor already implemented DSTT Kernel besides his DSTT clone kernel."

sorry for being a total nub at this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

rvkasper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CalamityDjenn said:
I need some people to test some kernels with a _SYSTEM_ structure please
smile.gif

They are not DSTT clones so I cannot manage to test the kernel on my DSTT clone, and as they are nearly all different from R4 original I cannot give it a try.

R4 New / R4 SDHC : http://www.r4new.com/
R4-New : R4-new.com (Domain does not work anymore) - R4-New_v1.50_New.zip
R4 PLUS : www.r4.ndsl.cc
R4 PLUS : r4plus.net (Domain does not work anymore) - R4Plus_net_v2.01_English.zip
R4 SDHC Ultra & R4i www.r4ultra.com

It will only work with dual boot so do not try anything else
wink.gif

I'll update this list as soon as I'll got these kind of kernels in my hands.

Edit :

The cards I found getting WOOD and that I will not test neither :
R4-Pro, use WOOD 1.19 from the website - www.r4-pro.com
-> Could work on R4 Pro : r4dspro.com (Domain does not work anymore) - R4Pro_v1.50.zip

Hey Calamity - I have a R4 SDHC Ultra with the _SYSTEM_ structure and seeing retrogamefan's work has me intrigued. I believe this card is not dstt based though... as I got AKAIO from the website r4ultra.com and have it working playing newest games...
Still I'd be willing to help test - I tried running ysmenu.nds from AKAIO but I always get a DLDI error when loading a game. Am I missing something or is this incompatible with my cart?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i admire you folks working through this mess, trying to structure it.
It makes figuring out how to work your clone a lot easier, so thanks for that.

I would love to see some actual pictures of the cards and the PCB's itself. That way, you can quickly figure out if two cards have the same board layout with the same chips etc. Maybe we can add a bit of information on the chips used. I am going to volunteer pictures of my R4i Ultra (r4ultra.com) later today.

Keep up the good work everybody.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i tried using dualboot which said for the R4-SDHC UPGRADE REVOLUTION from www.r4i-sdhc.com and when i boot ttmenu.nds it goes with blue stripes and it doesn't load the menu,and i load YSMENU and it does boot,but to some kind of "test mode"

may i have any assist with this?thanks in advance

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
darkreaperofdreams said:
i tried using dualboot which said for the R4-SDHC UPGRADE REVOLUTION from www.r4i-sdhc.com and when i boot ttmenu.nds it goes with blue stripes and it doesn't load the menu,and i load YSMENU and it does boot,but to some kind of "test mode"

may i have any assist with this?thanks in advance

Try this method because i have same the card that you are using..

Try To Format your Memory Card using sdhc formatter then put the original firmware on your card..
Then Download This http://www.mediafire.com/?h4aa9kbidbvdnm8
Extract then copy this on the root on your card..
Run TTMenu.nds Then run Games..If that doesnt work
Run TTMenu.nds Then Run YSMenu.nds Then Run Games..

When you want to update your Ysmenu and play new games just download the new retrofan updates here http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases Then extract Open TTMenu Then Copy The Following Files

extinfo.dat
infolib.dat
savlib.dat
ttpatch.dat

Then overwrite it on your TTmenu Folder..

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sybernite0217 said:
just asking. i have this card:

R4i Advance using v2.0 - r4i-advance.com -> The constructor already implemented DSTT Kernel besides his DSTT clone kernel.

but my kernel is the still the same from when i got it the first time. if i update to 2.0 it just stays on the loading screen. and what do you mean by"

"The constructor already implemented DSTT Kernel besides his DSTT clone kernel."

sorry for being a total nub at this. any help would be greatly appreciated.
any help would be appreciated

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
darkreaperofdreams said:
thanks dude!it worked like a charm!
now i have one question,is there any way to make YSMENU/TTMENU autobootable?instead of the r4 menu
thanks!

you cant autoboot ysmenu using this card its only working on dual boot..

@sybernite0217 Try My Method Above or try to overwrite your Infolib,extinfo,savelib on your TTMenu Using Retros update,,

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Im looking for a solution to start directly with the DSTT Kernel or YSMenu on a M3iUpgrade...

Thank's in advance if you have any solution
wink.gif

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
darkreaperofdreams said:
when the makers stop selling them perhaps?don't say anything about them,they're pretty much like the DSTT
pretty much... okay
but why people continue to buy it, when they could buy the original?
closedeyes.gif

Where is CalamityDjenn ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la