Hacking [LINUX+MAC] Emunand Tool Max

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Version 1.1 worked fine for me (Back up & Restore) on Arch Linux (64-bit) for my N3DS' Samsung microSD card
Thanks for your feedback :)
Can you also tell me which is your NAND manufacturer and what flashcard (GW, MT, etc...) you used, so that I could add them to the compatibility list? :)

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your feedback :)
Can you also tell me which is your NAND manufacturer and what flashcard (GW, MT, etc...) you used, so that I could add them to the compatibility list? :)

OH Yeah!
The flashcard I use is a Gateway, which is also where I have my emuNAND set up through (GW3D 9.5.0-23J).
I feel silly for saying this, but I am do not know what you mean by NAND manufacturer. :sleep:
NAND Manufacturer was New-Samsung

Reactions: nastys

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nastys 14.04 with the mainline kernel
PS=ah probably i use Lubuntu (i love minimal desktop, for my opinion a os is only a way to use other program/app or what i want do... and if use less resource is better os)

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nastys 14.04 with the mainline kernel
PS=ah probably i use Lubuntu (i love minimal desktop, for my opinion a os is only a way to use other program/app or what i want do... and if use less resource is better os)
Hmmm... I didn't test it on Ubuntu 14.04. I'll try in a VM and fix it in case it's missing. Thanks for reporting :)
PS: in my opinion, an OS should help the users with their work, for example with a good way to switch between programs.
OH Yeah!
The flashcard I use is a Gateway, which is also where I have my emuNAND set up through (GW3D 9.5.0-23J).
I feel silly for saying this, but I am do not know what you mean by NAND manufacturer. :sleep:
NAND Manufacturer was New-Samsung

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the application and right away I noticed a couple things I didn't like (OS X version):
1. You have to enter your password each time you want to use it...kinda annoying.
2. You should have it detect any name for the SD card and let you choose the one you want. I don't have my SD card named GATEWAYNAND because I use two and I want to be able to know the difference between them. I have to rename the SD card each time I want to use the application just to detect it.
3. Same with the "Detect NAND format" or whatever option. I name my NAND's different due to having so many, so I also have to rename the NAND.bin files back to NAND.bin and let it detect it, then rename it back once I've done so. Maybe make it so it detects any bin file? I mean, the user should know what file they want to use anyway, without it being called exactly NAND.bin.

I haven't actually tested the backing up of the NAND yet because I heard that rxTools is only doing backups for the old-toshiba, weather it is or not, so I need to use emunandtool for windows to make sure I get the right NAND.

Just my two cents :P

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just downloaded the application and right away I noticed a couple things I didn't like (OS X version):
1. You have to enter your password each time you want to use it...kinda annoying.
2. You should have it detect any name for the SD card and let you choose the one you want. I don't have my SD card named GATEWAYNAND because I use two and I want to be able to know the difference between them. I have to rename the SD card each time I want to use the application just to detect it.
3. Same with the "Detect NAND format" or whatever option. I name my NAND's different due to having so many, so I also have to rename the NAND.bin files back to NAND.bin and let it detect it, then rename it back once I've done so. Maybe make it so it detects any bin file? I mean, the user should know what file they want to use anyway, without it being called exactly NAND.bin.

I haven't actually tested the backing up of the NAND yet because I heard that rxTools is only doing backups for the old-toshiba, weather it is or not, so I need to use emunandtool for windows to make sure I get the right NAND.

Just my two cents :P
You have to enter your password to gain root access (and use dd)... it can't be helped.
I'm trying to autodetect the SD card and NAND manufacturer, so this is only temporary, but you don't have to rename the SD card, because you can type what you want in the drop-down list (if you tell me the label of your SD partition, I'll add it to the list).
About the Detect NAND manufacturer yes, I did it wrong to search for "NAND.BIN" files by default, but you can use the drop-down list in the file browser to change the type for the time being.
Also, can you not backup your NAND using the Gateway launcher?

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to enter your password to gain root access (and use dd)... it can't be helped.
I'm trying to autodetect the SD card and NAND manufacturer, so this is only temporary, but you don't have to rename the SD card, because you can type what you want in the drop-down list (if you tell me the label of your SD partition, I'll add it to the list).
About the Detect NAND manufacturer yes, I did it wrong to search for "NAND.BIN" files by default, but you can use the drop-down list in the file browser to change the type for the time being.
Also, can you not backup your NAND using the Gateway launcher?
I guess I should of looked more closely then :P

And I totally forgot that I can use Gateway to get my nand. >.<

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Used it today to extract and inject my friend's EmuNAND today, worked like a charm on OS X.

We needed to decrypt and mount the FAT16 partition as well to remove his faulty NNID, but unfortunately that feature didn't work as far as I could see? It said it was successful, but that was not the case as nothing actually happened. Went over the code and couldn't find anything wrong with the decryption method, so I decided to do it manually instead.

Still this was easy to use and user friendly. Loved the interface.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Used it today to extract and inject my friend's EmuNAND today, worked like a charm on OS X.

We needed to decrypt and mount the FAT16 partition as well to remove his faulty NNID, but unfortunately that feature didn't work as far as I could see? It said it was successful, but that was not the case as nothing actually happened. Went over the code and couldn't find anything wrong with the decryption method, so I decided to do it manually instead.

Still this was easy to use and user friendly. Loved the interface.
Well, it can decrypt the NAND but not encrypt it... that's why it didn't work. Maybe I'll add this feature later ;)

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to detect my nand dump, mine is an "old-toshiba". I haven't tested the dump myself yet, but I plan too.

Also, when I created the dump, it also created a file with the extention ".mbr". Is there any reason for this?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I was able to detect my nand dump, mine is an "old-toshiba". I haven't tested the dump myself yet, but I plan too.

Also, when I created the dump, it also created a file with the extention ".mbr". Is there any reason for this?
This is the first sector of the NAND. You need to restore it if you want to switch from an emuNAND formatted by a launcher to an emuNAND formatted by another one (e.g. Gateway, MT Card, etc...) or if it gets corrupted or if you want to restore an emuNAND backup to an SD card without any emuNAND on it (this way you may lose all data, though). Also, you may need to restore it for redNAND backups.
Let me know if restoring the backup works :)

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nastys hiya, I'm using 1.1 on OS X after you fixed the problem of it not launching

I've used it to make emuNAND backups but I'm having a problem restoring them! Every time I pick a NAND.bin file to restore to the SD card the app just hangs

I'm on OS X 10.10.3 and using a Japanese New 3DS which reads as "New - unknown" in the app, is on 8.1 sysNAND and the emuNAND backup I'm trying to restore is 9.4. Just in case any of this info could be of help :)

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
nastys hiya, I'm using 1.1 on OS X after you fixed the problem of it not launching

I've used it to make emuNAND backups but I'm having a problem restoring them! Every time I pick a NAND.bin file to restore to the SD card the app just hangs

Read the OP more carefully:
Issues:
  • OS X version freezes during backup or restore until done
  • OS X version does not check whether the password is correct or not

Reactions: Lucifer666

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A nice feature suggestion would be to have this program also offer to make a backup of the rest of the memory card to make a full save state of the system that can be restored at any time without breaking eShop saves.

All it would have to do is tar the contents of the fat32 partition.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A nice feature suggestion would be to have this program also offer to make a backup of the rest of the memory card to make a full save state of the system that can be restored at any time without breaking eShop saves.

All it would have to do is tar the contents of the fat32 partition.
One of the first things I'm going to do next week :)

EDIT: sorry, I've been too busy this week. I'll do it the next one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1