Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Could you install 32GB MicroSD in the S3?
As additional memory!

Maybe things could be outsourced there, for the PS4 then?

Thank you for your answer mrdube ^^

View attachment 355766

Note: The virtual TF card has no memory. If you need to remove the virtual TF card, please insert an ordinary TF card to protect the USB-A interface. Normal TF card can use the TF card normally.
Yes but I didn't include code for it because it's very slow compared to flash memory. Plus you with the code that's already done you can only mount one partition and show that in the file manager. If you want microsd support look here:

https://github.com/Xinyuan-LilyGO/T-Dongle-S3

There's example code on how to mount the sd card in the examples folder.

bigking94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps they will soon be able to add support for MicroSD cards.

That would make the S3 and the S3 Image even more attractive ^^

Thank you for your work ^^

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
OP flashing tool updated, contains a custom esptool which has been modded to fix read/write errors due to a clock register being overwritten during dumping/flashing. Also added are some extra features so you can fully dump your flash. Firmware also updated, I dumped the full flash so no need to flash the bootloader/partitons/firmware and PS-Phive files as they are all included in the dump. I also added an option to the config page to disable/enable bot commands.

@bigking94, I won't be adding sdcard support, it's too slow. Also if you update your fimware to the one in the OP - disable bot commands, but enable bot - should sort out your lcd freezing issues for now.

Last edited by mrdude,

bigking94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Stick cannot be flashed, it is in flash mode.

But an error message appears!

Erase
Screenshot 2023-02-27 101246.png
Flash
Screenshot 2023-02-27 101323.png
A fatal error occurred: Failed to enter Flash download mode (result was 01060000: Operation or feature not supported)

With the old data, the stick can be flashed perfectly!
Unfortunately not with the new data. !

Last edited by bigking94,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Disable no-stub when you flash it, The new flasher program on the main page contains a modded esptool which fixes the stub issues with timing. So you can keep stub disabled from now on.

0P7VsiN.jpg

You need to enable stuff to flash files that are 16MB or over, without stub enabled you are jnot uploading the code to the chip which is able to flash at that address. Also the size box should be 0x1000000, how come you only have 4 zero's and not 6? Is it the font you are using on your computer that is making them not fit into the box?

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: laz305

bigking94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your explanation, the flashing has now worked!

Short info about the bot, when I activate Enable Bot everything runs perfectly !!!

But as soon as I activate Enable Bot Commands the display hangs again.
That means the bot is half working now.

Enable Bot Commands, there seems to be a problem there!

Screenshot 2023-02-27 113902.jpg

Enable Bot Commands, there must still be problems there!
Why the display hangs.

Otherwise the new complete image works great from you.

THANK YOU mrdube^^

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
OP, flashing tool updated, added a feature to automatically disable the no-stub checkbox if trying to flash an image file that is a full 16MB file. This way the stub will be uploaded to the dongle which enables faster flashing.

Note, if dumping your dongle, keep no-stub disabled or it will take forever, even with no-stub disabled it takes just over 1/2 hour to dump a full 16MB flash and around just over 2 minutes to flash and then verify.

TIP: If you want to make your own dongle dump, set up your config how you want, add whatever files you want to the fat partition via the config page file manager, in the flasher software - double right click on the size box, this will automatically set the size to 0x1000000 and keep the start offset as 0x0 - then press dump. In about half an hour you should have a fully working backup that contains the bootloader+partition table+fat partition and all the files you uploaded. You will also be able to update the firmware via the firmware update page - just rename the firmware.bin (not a full dump) to "fwupdate.bin" and you can update the dongle easily via wifi as I included an OTA partition in the full dump.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, read it, just wanted to tell you ^^

Goes great your new S3-Image.

Thank you for your great work.
I've just been having a think about that LCD issue, and am thinking this - the ESP32-S3 has 512 KB of internal SRAM, now when running the LCD we have a screen size of 80x160 so we are filling that with pixels on and offscreen which is taking up a large amount of the sram to store all the pixel information. When we turn on the bot we also need to use up some of the SRAM to run the telegram code and to store the messages we are sending and receiving, this is most likely overwriting the LCD code in the sram and causing the issue. Now I looked at the admin page and saw this, and this is without any messages in the queue.

Code:
###### Ram information ######
Without the telegram bot running:
Ram size: 260.13 KB
Free ram: 69.07 KB
Min free ram since boot: 9.15 KB
Max alloc ram: 47.99 KB

Without the telegram bot not running:
Ram size: 260.83 KB
Free ram: 75.19 KB
Min free ram since boot: 58.19 KB
Max alloc ram: 63.99 KB

So code wise the routines should work fine, but due to running out of sram for the program to run in this is most likely why there's an issue. I could alter the scrolling code to use less sram, that seems like a viable work around. Currently just to draw a full screen uses 12800 bytes of the ram, then you have the stuff that is drawn off screen to consider, as well as the rest of the program that is also running such as storing our variables etc.... So before the telgram code was introduced we we probably on the sram limits as it was. I should get my new dongle this week so will be able to test with altered code.

There's some good info here on recducing memory size with lcd screens:
https://light-up.co.uk/blog/adventures-with-a-stm32/

Last edited by mrdude,

bigking94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I flash the file?

It brings me an error message about the stick and about the tool?

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 164149.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-28 164235.jpg
Error is : The input string is in the wrong format.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia