Hacking Let's make a (new) nintendo hacking website !

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,897
  • Replies 41
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Calling it nintools is just going to confuse anyone who plays final fantasy 11 due to you using nintools in the game if you are using the ninja job class lol.
ok lol , you have a name proposition ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Future URL (?) : http://nintools.tk/

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I do like the idea of a centralised news system, however. Homebrew releases usually fall off the front page of the forum within a few hours (once again, help @QuarkTheAwesome in his quest to re-organise the forums) unless the homebrew happens to be REALLY popular.
Those curious about the endeavour should check here. It'd be awesome if you replied as well, we're falling down the list over there ;D

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, I like this idea. I say make as many Nintendo trademark, intellectual property references and similar things as possible.

Also ROM downloads is a great idea. Also a community where you can ask and share roms would be cool.

I don't want to create ROM sharing , just homebrews sharing.
There is already a website for share roms with forums , and is name is erdgtfezcukriczkjjgdces

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drop the wiiu and 3ds ideas from the name. Instead, focus on "homebrew". If you had no knowledge of what homebrew is and someone said "hey you should should check out this homebrew", what would you think they're talking about?

Probably beer.

Japanese famous beer? Kirin. Home Kirin Brew, HKB. NinKirindo. Chime in at this point... think beer. Don't think "hacks" and try to avoid being specific about WiiU or 3DS. You want the focus to be "HOMEBREW".

Honestly, the "message" is more powerful than the "method". In this case the site would have more of a message about "hey check out this homebrew instead of playing those other games because..." instead of focussing on "we do this, that, some of that, this, oh yeah, and not that".

Forums aren't bad, but really what you would want is a site that does something new to help people collaborate in making not just their game, but many games AND theirs. You help us make ours, we help you make yours.

I know for a fact lots of people have scripts and stories and game ideas they'd love to see made and distributed. Problem is, coding. Art. Time. Money, or the lack thereof more specifically.

So instead of just a forum where we dump our junk and get nowhere, there should be some sort of bartering system for coders, artist, musicians, writers, heck, even play testers... etc.

Don't get me wrong, GBATemp.net is awesome and everything, but really in the end we're either all working towards the same goal or pretty much keeping up with each other on how to get what we all want in the end.

The new site itself needs to break that from the start. Instead it should be, here, try a game. Now, you want to make too? What can you do? What can't you do? How do you accomplish your goal, while helping others accomplish theirs?

Otherwise people will just go off on their own tangent and nothing will ever get done. Instead, encourage people to do what they do best, for others. Then magically things you need will get done by others who also need you to do that thing for them.

How will the site maintain itself? Kickstarter. Once every year the kickstarter funds that get raised will go into a competition where everyone's game gets put up as is, and then players rate it. Winner gets promotion and some funds while rest goes back into maitaining site and helping support the entire community. Thus you encourage people to share their work, and who knows, maybe even the bad broken game nobody thought would work will get noticed and then they win and everyone pitches in to complete that game by a certain date....

That's how comic book companies hunt talent. Same goes for SxSW and whatnot.

Everything else will fall into place. The distribution, file sharing, forum, chatroom, etc.

Then, how cool would it be for GBATemp.net to take the winner, showcase it in an article and help this community connect to a creative community... thus two site doing two things instead of the same...

Just brainstorming here.

D

Deleted User

OP
Drop the wiiu and 3ds ideas from the name. Instead, focus on "homebrew". If you had no knowledge of what homebrew is and someone said "hey you should should check out this homebrew", what would you think they're talking about?

Probably beer.

Japanese famous beer? Kirin. Home Kirin Brew, HKB. NinKirindo. Chime in at this point... think beer. Don't think "hacks" and try to avoid being specific about WiiU or 3DS. You want the focus to be "HOMEBREW".

Honestly, the "message" is more powerful than the "method". In this case the site would have more of a message about "hey check out this homebrew instead of playing those other games because..." instead of focussing on "we do this, that, some of that, this, oh yeah, and not that".

Forums aren't bad, but really what you would want is a site that does something new to help people collaborate in making not just their game, but many games AND theirs. You help us make ours, we help you make yours.

I know for a fact lots of people have scripts and stories and game ideas they'd love to see made and distributed. Problem is, coding. Art. Time. Money, or the lack thereof more specifically.

So instead of just a forum where we dump our junk and get nowhere, there should be some sort of bartering system for coders, artist, musicians, writers, heck, even play testers... etc.

Don't get me wrong, GBATemp.net is awesome and everything, but really in the end we're either all working towards the same goal or pretty much keeping up with each other on how to get what we all want in the end.

The new site itself needs to break that from the start. Instead it should be, here, try a game. Now, you want to make too? What can you do? What can't you do? How do you accomplish your goal, while helping others accomplish theirs?

Otherwise people will just go off on their own tangent and nothing will ever get done. Instead, encourage people to do what they do best, for others. Then magically things you need will get done by others who also need you to do that thing for them.

How will the site maintain itself? Kickstarter. Once every year the kickstarter funds that get raised will go into a competition where everyone's game gets put up as is, and then players rate it. Winner gets promotion and some funds while rest goes back into maitaining site and helping support the entire community. Thus you encourage people to share their work, and who knows, maybe even the bad broken game nobody thought would work will get noticed and then they win and everyone pitches in to complete that game by a certain date....

That's how comic book companies hunt talent. Same goes for SxSW and whatnot.

Everything else will fall into place. The distribution, file sharing, forum, chatroom, etc.

Then, how cool would it be for GBATemp.net to take the winner, showcase it in an article and help this community connect to a creative community... thus two site doing two things instead of the same...

Just brainstorming here.
Oh my gosh YES! :O

D

Deleted User

OP
Hey, I love this idea and maybe I could help you to maybe create a french translation :lol:.
I'm french and nintools will be a english/french website. But you can help me for other things .
If you want , please PM me , so we can chat in french. (i'm not the guy who speak 14 languages perfectly ^_^)

D

Deleted User

OP
In-coming sections on NinTools :
-What is homebrew ?
-Introduction to 3DS hacking
-Introduction to Wii-U hacking
-3DS Exploits hosting
-Wii U Exploits hosting
-3DS News
-Wii U News
-Forum (Only about NinTools)
-About / Contact me

D

Deleted User

OP
Do you like more AIO or WJ44.ML or Loadiine.ovh for base of Wii U exploits hosting ?

D

Deleted User

OP
But i am 12
Oh, why am I not surprised?
Also, do you even know anything about what it takes to host a website? Because just that can be big enough of an issue that might stop you from making your site, at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited by ,
Reactions: geddanof

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Instead of making a new website couldn't you just revamp this website???? + most people are fine how things are now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious