Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
erolz said:
i mean modified levels ;-)

When Reggie! (a NSMB Level Editor) is released there will probaly be a lot of modified levels.
tongue.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Skizzo said:
I know, a little bit late, but before anyone else gets the idea that you, tueidj, actually have a clue as to what you're talking about... Why anyone would post something that is completely contradictory to what the license actually says is beyond me.
rolleyes.gif

mousex said:
No, it is acceptable.
You both quoted from the license but left out the portion relevant to what I stated:
If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.
The "written offer" clause is intended for physically distributed commerical products, which typically come in a box with a manual (GPLv2 was around long before the internet was widespread).
Hah...I'm late again.

tueidj, please clarify the part of your quoted license text that demands that you must include the source if you are distributing it via the internet or BBS etc. From my understanding of what you quoted, it appears to simply be stating that IF you do decide to include the source code along with a program being distributed that way, you are in compliance with the license. It does not state that you must include the source code when using that method of distribution, only that it is an option (meaning if you did opt to include the source with the program nobody could force you to send them the source on any other format, like 3.5" floppies. At least that's how I'm reading it...
smile.gif

goyouwii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Learning the rules of the open-source license.

If I don't want to open source with file Replacement function, then I can build a lib, and then use this lib as an example, in the neogamma use it, does not constitute a violation of the GPL.

Do not know if I understand it correctly.

After all, the added features don't works with Loader,it works with the game being loaded.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeiJi Loader Resurrection!

Could this be modded to replace more than 1 level... like lets say... every arc file that is in the iso?
If so, would it be an ideal pirate's riivolution? I'm sick of using wiiscrubber to inject levels then having to transfer the iso on wbfs. Just wondering if it was possible...

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How the hell did I possibly miss out seeing this thread earlier?
And how did it get buried?
LeiJi Loader is awesome!

This is the alternative of riivolution that everybody's been looking for!

It may be in basic stages, and only replace one file at a time, but I think that this is VERY useful, as NSMBW modding teams could use LeiJi Loader to test their custom stages without ISO modification, before making their final patched ISO, meaning they'd only have to patch their ISO once, right before release (then they could releae a ppf).

redeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NSMBW modding teams could use LeiJi Loader to test their custom stages without ISO modification, before making their final patched ISO, meaning they'd only have to patch their ISO once, right before release

I like to use Sneek+DI for testing Reggie Stages. I can edit stages on Reggie_v2 and save them directly to usb Stage folder. (As long as the stage you created is not bigger than the file size of the original). And I can autoboot the game with sneek + priiloader on a bootmii IOS only Wii. (example below)

Real nand - priiloader - Settings - autoboot - Bootmii IOS
Sneek nand - priiloader - System Menu Hacks - Recovery Mode (disable all others)

Real nand priiloader boots sneek. Sneek priiloader boots Recovery Mode which boots NSMB off USB.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
mousex said:
Learn about the GPL. You don't need to uplaod it with source. You just need to give it out on request.
No, that's not true. If you're simply making a compiled build from source already on line, you can provide a link instead of providing the source yourself. But if you modify the code in any way, you MUST make it available with the binary. Saying "Source is available on request" is not acceptable.
you know what would solve all these problems?

stop using retarded licenses

kthxbai

nyok0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually giantpune uploaded a fst & boot creator that allows bigger size files and works wonders with sneek+DI but its only for linux, i've been using it for a while now. I have made 3 shortcuts in ubuntu, one that copies the arc file to the usb, another one that runs the fst_creator and the last for unmounting the drive, it takes me about 30 secs to retest my stages

giantpune said:
fileswapping from USB.
1 - dump a game
2 - change a file
3 - update the fst.bin and boot.bin
4 - play the game
5 - rinse and repeat
turnaround time is ~1 minute or less to change a file and start the game to test that changed file

video:
http://rapidshare.com/files/366887788/out-9.mp4

fst & boot.bin changer
http://rapidshare.com/files/366907497/fst_creator

the fst & boot.bin may not be 100% accurate. but it works perfectly for what it is intended to do here. make a backup of your original just in case.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Leiji never worked for me.
I've a PAL wii with PAL nsmb.

it's currently patching only 1 file, and I'm not sure if it can patch more as this is a memory patch.
It read the SD .arc file and place it in memory before launching the game. it would need more memory to patch more files. but maybe it's possible, I don't know how many memory is available.
And it's only a neogamma mod, based on an old revision. it would be great to include it on a new revision.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nyok0 said:
actually giantpune uploaded a fst & boot creator that allows bigger size files and works wonders with sneek+DI but its only for linux...

I have modified giantpune version to work with windows (you could find the exe file in the download section of this link):

http://bit.ly/9qeN4D

As usual, make sure you make backup of your original fst.bin and boot.bin prior to using this PC app in case you
have some problems or issues.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got this thing to work with WBFS!
Here are the settings i used...

Region Options

Boot Lang: Auto Force
Force Video: Wii
Patch Video: No
VidTV Patch: Yes
Patch Country Strings: No

Config Options

Hook Type: OSSleepThread
Orcarina ON: No
Debugger: No
Alternative Dol: Disc
Save Config: Yes

PS I have an NTSC-U Wii and a PAL version of NSMBW
and im using wanni's cIOS 249 rev14

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@oneleggedjack

Thanx for the settings!
grog.gif

ages ago I had messed about with this a little but lost interest due to not being able to launch it.

PAL Wii:
your settings and just needed to change- VidTV patch :NO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since