Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I have a busy day and miss a bunch of talking about game tools. LOL! When I have a slow day, maybe Sunday, I will post the current list of tools we have for this game. Just want to edit out some of the links from the list because I am not currently sharing unfinished files with people yet. Somehow I knew there was some Chinese tools for this game... Just could not find them. Might give them a shot to see what they do for fun. I am pretty happy with flame's work though on our tools and trying to learn some programming to better explain what I am trying to accomplish with a tool... I know he is thinking sometimes "what is this dude talking about doing". On that note, I am exhausted and my next two days are gonna be worse than today. So I will see everybody Sunday... (if something really important comes up, I will see it from my phone, but my phone will not let me log into the site to reply to stuff for some reason.)

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I need to download/install/learn how to use git. That's how you download those linked files (I guess).
Heard about it before but never used it.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you could download stuff from git without downloading it though, meh >_>'

Not that you asked, but for GIT, you could try making an account online and using the website and/or the GUI (I think it's called GitHub or something) to do whatever you need to do; if you have some basic IT or CS background or whatever it should be pretty manageable. The command line on the other hand can be a bit of a pain in the butt/more difficult to use (not saying you couldn't figure it out, but it might not be worth it to if it's just this once you plan to use it.)

As always, keep up the hard work everyone. =)

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I don't have a clue. I haven't been messing with the script stuff much. Been to busy working on internal eboot stuff and other random stuff when I get a free chance. I did however post all the tools we have in the first post in a spoiler tag. Have at them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different front for those who have been keeping up with the sh*t that is occupying all my free time lately. An update!

My son starts school on Monday. We had his IEP meeting today and come up with the initial draft of his education plan. For the most part, it went pretty well except for the lesbian (just to clarify in case this offends anybody, I have met her significant other... and she is a woman) who hates men. I swear that I am not being paranoid. She always has attitude with me and constantly interrupts me when I am speaking... but she is as gentle as a lamb to all the women involved (which today was 7). He is gonna be doing half days until after Christmas and maybe a few weeks after until he gets adjusted to his new teacher (the current one is retiring over Christmas break).

Tomorrow I have the final hurdle to overcome in order to get a full night of sleep. Traffic court. I have prepared about 20 pages of documents to back my claim and 1 mvr that is clean as a new bell. I dare them to tell me I don't know how to drive. I even took the practice tests for getting your license and only missed 3 questions out of 60 (2 pertaining to alcohol and driving - never really paid a whole lot of attention since I adamantly refuse to drink and drive... and a sign question about construction - I knew it meant construction, just was sure it if might have another purpose). Needless to say, if I can keep my anxiety in check and the judge is not a dick, I should be walking about with yet again... A clean mvr.

Then I can resume work on this project at a much greater speed since I won't be distracted with my son's home schooling and court BS.

Wish me luck and pray that I come by to say something tomorrow. Because if I don't, somebody got an a** whooping.

Oh yeah, Thursday is my 35th birthday!!! I honestly never thought I would make it this far. Hoping to get my first full night of stress free sleep as a gift tomorrow night.

...and for those who celebrate Thanksgiving (only the greatest holiday of the year [every 6 years - that is when it shares another special day (see spoiler)]...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Reactions: GHANMI

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rescheduled the court appearance. Cop didn't show up, so they were not ready to have the bottoms handed to them. Would have been the best time to do it since I was representing myself after talking with my attorney and having a time conflict. Now I have time to plan ahead and he is gonna be there to represent me. I guess they weren't ready to lose my money today. Funny thing about it, I met another kid who was being harrassed by the cop with their little tactic up running right up the rear end of your car to see if you will speed up. Scared the guy to death since it was late at night, so of course he increased his speed. Dropped a little bug in his ear about filing a counter suit against the officer to following to close (which is against the law and considered wreck less driving). Gonna be a fun day in the court room when we go back. Instead of the black and white papers I took today, gonna make nice little color handouts for everybody.

Thanks carl1114

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the link for the github thing and after finally getting my anti-virus to shut up. I had nothing left. I know most were false positives but decided to skip trying the stuff there. You have any luck or find anything useful flame in those files? Like maybe some control codes we didn't know about?

carl1114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried the link for the github thing and after finally getting my anti-virus to shut up. I had nothing left. I know most were false positives but decided to skip trying the stuff there. You have any luck or find anything useful flame in those files? Like maybe some control codes we didn't know about?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you. There were some virus detected files in github thing. Delete that virus detected files. You just need pyLibs and ED AO python code to disasm and asm.

pyLibs https://www.sendspace.com/file/wcx6g7
ED AO https://www.sendspace.com/file/olit5a

<How to disasm *.bin to *.py>
K_94.jpg

<Result>
Original file https://www.sendspace.com/file/wckj7r
disasm file https://www.sendspace.com/file/7j5yye

<How to convert .py to bin files>
K_95.jpg

Remember there is code page in C:\Python33\ED_AO\Base\EDAOBase.py
It also worked for Jap version of Ao no kiseki.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is some pretty impressive stuff but sadly... it is way above my head getting it to setup and work. A nice bit of insight though. Maybe flame can do something with it but I can't due to my minimal programming skills.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but where "exactly" do I need to put all these files in order to get them to work. I'm use to a much simpler tool style that doesn't rely on so much stuff. So I am getting nowhere at this moment. Do you know if this is compatible with python 2 or do I have to use 3? My two python installs are c:\python27 and c:\python34. But other than that, I am at a loss in order to get these things working. It keeps looking for the assembler file but can't find it and that is probably because I have them in the wrong spot.

carl1114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but where "exactly" do I need to put all these files in order to get them to work. I'm use to a much simpler tool style that doesn't rely on so much stuff. So I am getting nowhere at this moment. Do you know if this is compatible with python 2 or do I have to use 3? My two python installs are c:\python27 and c:\python34. But other than that, I am at a loss in order to get these things working. It keeps looking for the assembler file but can't find it and that is probably because I have them in the wrong spot.

You need to unzip pyLibs to C:\Python33.

K_4.jpg

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to unzip pyLibs to C:\Python33.

K_4.jpg

That helps out quite a bit. I can get it working with files from AO but this is what happens when working with something from Zero. I did see what looks like those OP codes flame was interested in back a few months ago though. Something definitely there to investigate.

error.png

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I haven't done in a while is give an update on the status of the project. So here ya go.

Right now, I am focusing my attention on getting the insertion tool working. Since I have to put the dialog into a format kind of following the game for the translators, I want to know where that all leaves off with the current scripts that are DONE. Most of the stuff other than that, is really under control and will be getting worked on as time permits. A few things here and there will need some outside help but they are not key issues that really affect the game other than cosmetically. Well except 1 eboot issue, but I just haven't had a massive amount of time to look into it.

I have been looking at the Chinese tools with flame trying to decipher information from them (which by the way, is a wealth of information with minimal notes in the program... tsk...tsk... bad python programming. LOL!). But things are going well. Much faster than originally anticipated for this project. I had a 2 year plan. If I can get around to getting the rest of the scripts formatted, I think we can finish it in a year. Alright. This is pretty much it for the update. Sorry, no screenshots this time.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a crazy question. Would there be a way to figure out how the game knows which file to load and when? The reason I ask, is I am trying to figure out an easier (and more efficient) way to get these scripts posted. Would something like that be stored in the eboot and how maybe would I be able to find it?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Nayuta, I just have been using the find in files feature (that you showed me) to find in which file the on-screen text is in.
The concept for the game is the one SkyBladeCloud calls "rooms" - check his post here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/romhacking-in-tales-of-destiny-2.373960/
Incidentally this concept is used for Nayuta, ZnK, AoK, Brandish...all Falcom PSP games, probably.

Like for example, e0410 is active whenever our heroes are on a train.
m0000 is the first part of the Geofront.
m3000 is the first part of the Fortress of Sun.
c1150 and c1160 is in Crossbell Police HQ (not sure exactly where).

We'll have to take a look at opcodes in scenes that we know lead to other scenes.
I really don't think it would be in the eboot except the pointer to the first scene at the beginning of the game.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have figured out the link. But you should probably have a look at it too. Check 0x14 in files you suspect to be related. Notice the value matches in some and changes in others. But there is multiple files that seem to match. I could be talking out my rear but this may be our clue. Is it the same with Nayuta? Hmm... gonna have a look.

Do a couple of searches for these hex in the scena folder (the option in madedit or whatever that scans the whole folder).

7B00FE - This one brings up m3000 and m3002 (two files we know are connected)
4F007B - This one brings up 3 files. Not so sure they are connected but the follow the same naming pattern.

I think the position 0x14 is the key... because it doesn't always match on the third hex number. Example:
c1150 and c1160 - 0x14 matches but 0x16 (which would be the third hex, does not) but you say they are both part of the crossbell hq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==