Status
Not open for further replies.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's your choice, at the end of the day only you'll do what's best for you. I'd say ignore such people on the forum, but hey everyone has their limits.

You've been a very helpful member

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
>clicks on thread
>sees last post
>thinks its just some n00b leaving
>goes to first page
sad.gif

WHY RYDIAN?
WHY?
YOU HAD 12.000 POSTS
WHY?
I HOPE THIS IS A STUPID JOKE

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
_Chaz_ said:
I read through some of the pages of the thread and I've heard what Rydian had to say... I just can't wrap my head around this at all. I understand where he's coming from, but in the end it all comes down to a handful of ignorant people in an ocean of tolerance (at least on this subject). All of it coming up at once seems to be the biggest problem, and I hope that he only needs to take a break rather than leave us for good. This place just wouldn't be the same.

squall23 said:
This disappoints me, but there's really not much I can do about it.

As for the whole Rayder thing. I don't see why you guys are hating on him. Somebody is uncomfortable with something and you guys slam him for his opinion. A person's tolerance can only go so far.
They're not mad at him for his opinion, they're mad because he chose this thread to voice it in. This is not the place, nor the time for such things.

Unless I missed something Rayder hasn't even posted in this thread.

Anyway Rydian, I hope you look over this thread and reconsider your decision. To quote you "but I am a "furry", and I no longer feel welcome or even safe here." Going by the general responses here so far at your announcement, nine pages of people saying this is a sad thing and wishing you would stay, I would say that you are undervaluing yourself a great deal in your own mind.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh no, Rydian, please don't go
frown.gif
We know people are immature some times, and I can imagine that it's harsh, but most of the people around here (like me and all the other regular tempers) want you to hang around here, your guides and news posts are one of the things that make this place intresting.

Your guides, your presence and your yelling shall be missed here. I hope you enjoy your future adventures, and stay furry

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Can't add anything about you leaving that hasn't already been said Rydian.

All I can say is Thank you for all your hard work and help on here and you will be sorely missed by many.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Nimbus said:
*Plays Rage Awakened* *Busts out two large swords*
Now...I'm just plain pissed off...I feel like destroying something.
Nimbus said:
I would happily destroy them all if I had the resources I'll just beat them into the ground It's war now!
Nimbus said:
Am I the only one with what seems to be a vast mountain-sized amount of hate and rage building up inside?So yeah you're hell bent on killing off GBATemp completely and you are determined to get others to help you do it. Nice!

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jul 4 2011, 09:25 AM) QUOTE(squall23 @ Jul 4 2011, 04:13 AM)
As for the whole Rayder thing. I don't see why you guys are hating on him. Somebody is uncomfortable with something and you guys slam him for his opinion. A person's tolerance can only go so far.
They're not mad at him for his opinion, they're mad because he chose this thread to voice it in. This is not the place, nor the time for such things.
What post in this thread? His last post was in a thread about onions! Seems to me that a minority of of people are scapegoating him for daring to express an opinion in his blog that they didn't like. He wasn't saying death to furries he just wanted the extreme shit to stop, the hentai to stop, the ramming it down our throats to stop. And poster after poster agreed, be a furry fine but don't bang on about it constantly.

Oh and Nimbus you can never be Rhydian's successor, so stop saying it. Dear God you'd have the rings off your grannys fingers before her corpse was even cold. And you call us insensitive!
You can't replace him because, one he is Rhydian and two because he always conducts himself well on here professional, decent, helpful. He in my opinion was not one of the furries being OTT. Whereas you appear to be trying to make everything ten times worse and destroy the temp completely, with your self declared war.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
No! Please don't leave!
But anyway if you still do I hope you have a good life
smile.gif

BTW: I never expected you'd quit GBATemp like this.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
salamai said:
There should not even be a personal section on the forums if it is going to be manipulated and censored. Moreover, I see no problem in people who have niche interests connecting on this fourm or any forum as long it is not hateful. If this site is meant to be a Gaming & Technology site then it should handled has such. No talk of news, religion, race, sex, etc. should allowed unless it has to do with the main theme of the site. GBATemp has lost sight of their goal if this is the kind of bullshit that is being used. Unless you are completely blind, this site had developed far beyond an run-of-the-mill Gaming community. This is an international forum. A forum where you do not see the same people always posting. There is huge variety on this forum and GBATemp should not drive the that variety away, IMO.
frown.gif
Yeah, I remember a certain shitstorm a few years back when a certain members blog was modded. Afaik mods aren't allowed to edit blogs except for illegal stuff.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I'd seriously like to thank you so very much for your enormous contributions to this forum. You've brought about some amazing content that won't go unnoticed by the technology communities. I completely respect your choice, and I wish you complete luck in the future, and remember, we have open arms to your return, at any time!

To everyone else: it's time to stop crying about losing a Temper, and it's time to move on. The incessant ramblings and flamings going on about successors here and all the pro-against-furry-war have been going on long enough. I'd like to make a notion to the mods to lock the thread, so that these flamings can stop.

As for what happens on the Temp after this drama? Hey, it's the Internet, who know who might show up here next? We've had an assorted and unique wave of users join and contribute, bring their life to our eyes in the blogs, bring a myrriad of informative guides, and probably more laughter than I'd be willing to admit, and who's to say it isn't the newest member who joins us?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I won't take long, since there's a good possibility that you won't get back on here to read this.

Will miss ya, pal. One of the best members this site ever had.

Maybe someday you'll be back. One day when the 'temp will be more tolerant.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Bai.

You will be missed.

And to that guy who said that 14 year olds are incapable of having mature conversations, I'm going to kill you. Probably. (it's funny cause my statement goes against my idea! hahaha!)

... NO! DON'T GO! DON'T GO! DON'T GO!

;_; It's the end of an era.

Hey wait, does this mean there's a mag staff position open?

[this post was made to show my feelings and lighten the mood, so please, treat it as such]

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, it's seriously effed that everything has gotten to a point where you no longer feel safe. You were probably the most upstanding member of this community that I've come across. I commented in that furry blog only to say that furry talk should be kept to the Other Discussions section of the forum. Discussing that stuff in an inappropriate place is not something you've ever been guilty of. I hope you change your mind and that you can ignore those angry few who have nothing better to do than to throw your name into a discussion/rant in which it doesn't belong.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
raulpica said:
I won't take long, since there's a good possibility that you won't get back on here to read this.

Will miss ya, pal. One of the best members this site ever had.

Maybe someday you'll be back. One day when the 'temp will be more tolerant.
When it becomes tolerant? I thought one of the very rules of this forum was to be tolerant. If this keeps happening (this kind of shitstorms) then the people will leave, just like older members who are leaving at this very moment. Why wait for the people to be tolerant, moderators have a little bit of power to stop this kind of stuff.

Edit by staff: but we do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land