Homebrew LCD tweaker

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is awesome, just one thing........ NTR has this already

sorry for pointing this out.......
I dont think I saw color adjustment when I used ntr last time...
That and don't forget the screen toaster feature exclusive to this fine piece of homebrew.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is awesome, just one thing........ NTR has this already

sorry for pointing this out.......

Yup :P In fact I made this in the first place as an alternate to NTR's functionality :P I want an opensoos *alternative* to NTR, but I figured I might as well just release small pieces of functionality while I'm working on the other stuff :P Some people prefer many small utilities instead of one bigger program, so this may also be for them :P

Edit: opensoos? just realized I forgot to attach one >.< uhm... will attach once I get to lappy :/ sorry everyone! :cry:

Last edited by Sono,

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup :P In fact I made this in the first place as an alternate to NTR's functionality :P I want an opensoos *alternative* to NTR, but I figured I might as well just release small pieces of functionality while I'm working on the other stuff :P Some people prefer many small utilities instead of one bigger program, so this may also be for them :P

Edit: opensoos? just realized I forgot to attach one >.< uhm... will attach once I get to lappy :/ sorry everyone! :cry:
Ok good to know and it works really nice good job :yay3ds:

vidumec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
so the value of 255 (0xFF) is safe? makes my screen twice as bright compared to the default maximum and on par with my laptop and desktop monitor screens.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
so the value of 255 (0xFF) is safe? makes my screen twice as bright compared to the default maximum and on par with my laptop and desktop monitor screens.

The upper screen has a brightness of 0x108 on the level5 brightness setting, so it's safe :P

vidumec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The upper screen has a brightness of 0x108 on the level5 brightness setting, so it's safe :P
don't quite understand how is it related but whatever. There seems to be some kind of a bug where the brightness sometimes ( usually after extensive slider adjustment ) resets back to the original 1-2-3-4-5 level depending on which was selected prior to tweaking, sometimes it resets instantly after trying to change it, while the sliders actually stay the same

i.e. brightness set to 5, go into programm, set slider to 255, the screen becomes brighter but then resets after few seconds while the slider stays at 255.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
don't quite understand how is it related but whatever. There seems to be some kind of a bug where the brightness sometimes ( usually after extensive slider adjustment ) resets back to the original 1-2-3-4-5 level depending on which was selected prior to tweaking, sometimes it resets instantly after trying to change it, while the sliders actually stay the same

i.e. brightness set to 5, go into programm, set slider to 255, the screen becomes brighter but then resets after few seconds while the slider stays at 255.

that's impossible! it the brightness can't change without those values not changing! it must be a hardware defect, or idk :/

vidumec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
that's impossible! it the brightness can't change without those values not changing! it must be a hardware defect, or idk :/
well if i close and reopen the program the displayed values become correct, i would assume the program doesn't read the values constantly, only when you change them or when you open the program

Also, the brightness resets after closing the lid

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
well if i close and reopen the program the displayed values become correct, i would assume the program doesn't read the values constantly, only when you change them or when you open the program

Also, the brightness resets after closing the lid

yes, as I'm not writing these settings to a persisent config memory, instead I'm just writing registers into the LCD hardware registers, so the Home Menu or some other things might reset the settings you made, so sorry :/

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
not even the brightness tweak? It seems like changing the brightness value works when I am not in powersave mode but it resets itself every 5 seconds or so

it doesn't reset for me :/ idk why that keeps happening. sadly it's something I'm not controlling :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That'll be fixed in the next update